HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

833k is good for Adele for a 6 year break, I did think she was going to do 1.3-1.5M personally but I was probably jaded by how monumental 25 was. I also understand the climate changed but based on the fact she’s ADELE, I thought 1M+ would be easy for her. The SPS still has time to go up though and she still definitely has potential to break 1M me thinks. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

1 hour ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Taylor had 16 editions of Folklore and 16 songs counting for streaming. 

Adele has 1 edition and 12 songs counting for streaming. 

There is an obvious difference. 

Girl, you’re deflecting. Thank U, Next debuted with better first week streams than 30 & Folklore with 12 tracks all whilst not being nearly as global or “GP driven” as Adele. And lets not forget that was in Q1 2019 when streaming has grown since then. And lets not forget SOUR, released this year, with 11 tracks (less than 30) managed to out-stream TU,N first week. :coffee2:

There isn’t much that sets Adele apart. Both Folklore & Lover debuted with 600k+ pure as well. You seem awfully pressed for someone who’s fave is also winning :michael: Since when is it a bad thing to debut with Taylor Swift numbers? 

Edited by SwiftLover

1 hour ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Adele is doing the same as what everyone else is doing to sell their album. Not a thing more or less. Everyone offers on cassette, vinyl and a deluxe as standard.

Taylor, however, literally used every tactic available to her and STOPPED only when they didn’t count for Billboard. 

If it wasn’t an attempt to get fans to buy multiple copies why did she stop the second billboard made them ineligible? :gaycat6: 

Questions with known answers, wbk. 

But tbh, if your fan base is willing to buy multiple copies I don’t see the issue myself. Taylor has a huge hold on her fan base who are super loyal, I don’t see the issue. 

But Taylor made her intentions clear when she gave it all up after Billboard changed their rules. 

Adele isn’t doing anything more than what is standard. 

What? Multiple versions still count for Bilboard? There is no rule about that. 

The new rule is about merch bundles and Taylor still releases merch as well. 

1 hour ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Adele is actually converting people who streamed Easy on Me into buying the album over streaming it, no one else has that power right now, Taylor doesn’t even come close. 

To what? 800k sales? :rip:

2 hours ago, Gaia said:

They're not on the same level. Y'all need to stop. People buying Adele albums aren't going out and buying 2-3 copies each. Taylor's album sales are incredibly inflated in the same way Kpop albums are

Can you show us the data about that or are you making claims based on... nothing? 

2 hours ago, Gaia said:

Again, Adele just released her first album in 6 years, and has almost 10M more monthly listeners on Spotify. Taylor has released 6 albums since Adele's last. One of them being last week that apparently "smashed" so why are her Spotify listeners so low? :dies:

What does Taylor's 2017 or 2019 albums have to do with "MONTHLY" listeners? 

2 hours ago, Gaia said:

Even Dua Lipa has almost 70M monthly listeners

So you agree that Dua is bigger than Adele, right? 

And if you are claiming that Adele's GP power is weaker than Taylor's fanbase power, that's such a self drag :skull:

It's hillarious to read this thread and see all the Taylor AVIs :bibliahh:I've never see them acting so insecure like Adele gets them. It was a better look to fight Arianators cause at least they could be confident in their bs :bibliahh:

8 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

It's hillarious to read this thread and see all the Taylor AVIs :bibliahh:I've never see them acting so insecure like Adele gets them. It was a better look to fight Arianators cause at least they could be confident in their bs :bibliahh:

nn it's a kii. and the fact that they try to push this narrative that she's on the same level as Adele because their daily streams match as if Taylor doesn't have 11 albums with five of them being released in the last 2.5 years, one as recent as last week with 30 songs in it. Her main catalogue has more than 200 songs vs. Adele's 48, but their delusion makes them believe this is a good look for Taylor.

Meanwhile on the Spotify Top 200, these are their pre-2021 tracks charting:

60. Enchanted

171. Blank Space

54. Rolling In the Deep

69. When We Were Young

70. Someone Like You

88. Love In the Dark

134. Set Fire to the Rain

194. Make You Feel My Love

:toofunny3:

1 hour ago, Icarus said:

Taylor doesn’t come close to Folklore numbers?

Folklore was three projects ago and a year and a half ago where pure sales have dropped even more. 

The chances of Taylor beating 30 with her next original album are next to none.

It’s even more likely that Red will be her best first week out of all the TV projects. I don’t see the rest doing those numbers honestly. 

But if she can replicate Red’s success consistently that is more than enough, she’s already proved herself. 

3 hours ago, georgechxng said:

"According to initial reports to MRC Data, Adele's "30" has earned more than 660,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. from its Nov. 19 release through Nov. 22, with over 560,000 of that sum in traditional album sales"

Still Nov 23, Nov 24 and Nov 25 to go :WAP:

If only Thursday wasn't thanksgiving, she would easily cross 900k

Incredible :clap3:

but I just wanted to note that all these gymnastics and back bending is not good for your spine, therefore you should be careful...:heart2:

the fact that Taylor's 2nd week is still bigger than most people's 1st week :jonny4:

1 hour ago, Before the Dawn said:

nn it's a kii. and the fact that they try to push this narrative that she's on the same level as Adele because their daily streams match as if Taylor doesn't have 11 albums with five of them being released in the last 2.5 years, one as recent as last week with 30 songs in it. Her main catalogue has more than 200 songs vs. Adele's 48, but their delusion makes them believe this is a good look for Taylor.

Meanwhile on the Spotify Top 200, these are their pre-2021 tracks charting:

60. Enchanted

171. Blank Space

54. Rolling In the Deep

69. When We Were Young

70. Someone Like You

88. Love In the Dark

134. Set Fire to the Rain

194. Make You Feel My Love

:toofunny3:

it's so hillarious how their arguments lack consistency and will change with the flow to suit their narratives :bibliahh:

when taylor would get dragged by other fan bases for not being as streamed as ariana or justin, they would be the first ones to say pure sales is what matters but now that adele 12 tracks album didn't have a bigger spotify debut than taylors 30 tracks album, suddenly streaming is where the money is at:bibliahh:

we can't compare adeles massive 21/25 numbers with taylors discography because that isn't fair but they can compare taylors +200 discography streams with adeles 40 songs streams when they know that's also unfair:bibliahh:

swifties have been a joke fanbase for awhile now but their obsession and feud with adele has completely erased any credibility they had left and it shows :coffee2: probably the worst decision they have ever done. and it actually turned real daydreamers against them and taylor when most of adeles real fans never had anything against them before they started coming after her for breathing (the "little monsters/katycats were hiding behind adele" argument is dumb because why would you attack someone if you're so sure they're fake stanning them and doesn't actually care for her? make it make sense).

Edited by georgechxng

1 hour ago, georgechxng said:

it's so hillarious how their arguments lack consistency and will change with the flow to suit their narratives :bibliahh:

when taylor would get dragged by other fan bases for not being as streamed as ariana or justin, they would be the first ones to say pure sales is what matters but now that adele 12 tracks album didn't have a bigger spotify debut than taylors 30 tracks album, suddenly streaming is where the money is at:bibliahh:

we can't compare adeles massive 21/25 numbers with taylors discography because that isn't fair but they can compare taylors +200 discography streams with adeles 40 songs streams when they know that's also unfair:bibliahh:

swifties have been a joke fanbase for awhile now but their obsession and feud with adele has completely erased any credibility they had left and it shows :coffee2: probably the worst decision they have ever done. and it actually turned real daydreamers against them and taylor when most of adeles real fans never had anything against them before they started coming after her for breathing (the "little monsters/katycats were hiding behind adele" argument is dumb because why would you attack someone if you're so sure they're fake stanning them and doesn't actually care for her? make it make sense).

It's not that serious ma, the joke fanbases are the ones who their favs are flopping and had to resort to use Adele to shade Taylor :ahh: 
Also nobody said you can't compare Adele's 21/25 numbers to Taylor cuz when you combined their discographies, Taylor still outsold, it was Adele fans or fake Adele fans who shaded Taylor saying she achieved that cuz she released a lot of materials. 

1 hour ago, Lille said:

Fantastic second week for Red (TV)! :clap3:

She would have crossed 200K second week if they had stocked more albums at Target.

5 hours ago, Gaia said:

. She has not had a genuine hit with the public in years. 

This is such a lie 

A quick scroll through tiktok and you will see that people are literally crazy about ATW and Enchanted. People in the US simply love her and that's a fact 

This thread is pure madness, my goodness. As a fan of both Taylor and Adele, people giving reasoning on both sides are being so blind, I think.  Like I said, I'm a huge fan of Adele (I just bought her 30 vinyl and own her other albums as well), but there's no denying that this opening is a little underwhelming for what we expected (and from what her label expected, too). Obviously, it's still a huge opening, that's for sure, and still only a few people - namely Taylor and Drake - can even dream to come close right now. And to be fair, I think Adele would prefer her career to scale down a bit, knowing her. Still, she's humongous, and obviosly 21 and 25 are once in a lifetime things to experience not in an artist's life but in the music industry in general, and the fact that she did that twice is already astounding. You can't keep doing that forever. I don't get why people think Adele needs to be defended over this, geez. Also, I don't get why people skip all the reasonable posts and only quote the crazy posts saying that all Taylor fans are crazy. Looks to me like you like responding to them.

On the other hand, it baffles me that people are still trying to diminish Taylor's career after 15 years of continuous success. Only on this site I've seen having a huge fanbase being used against the artist. Being able to fidelize this many people is an achievement. Sure, if you have multiple version of your album available to buy, that helps. But that's still many people deciding to buy physical copies in 2020 and 2021. That's an achievement to me. Also, why diminish Red TV success? You are kidding yourself if you say the success was expected. Fearless TV was successful for a re-recording, but Red TV was on another level. Also, yes, this being a re-recording should work against it; it has 30 tracks, 21 of which were copy cat recordings of the original Red tracks, plus 9 new tracks, 2 of which were already known to the public (Better Man and Babe) and 1 of which is a 10 minute version of a beloved fan favourite. The fact that Taylor has a huge loyal fanbase willing to check that out and buy that should be a merit, not a reason to downplay it.

Finally, I don't get why you MUST choose which lady is the most successful or else you can't move on. So much for preaching female empowerment and bla bla bla. They are both miles ahead everyone else in the industry and that should be praise enough.

Adele stans OTHs hiding behind Adele still crying here :lmao: 

Edited by enchanted0

12 minutes ago, itsjem said:

This thread is pure madness, my goodness. As a fan of both Taylor and Adele, people giving reasoning on both sides are being so blind, I think.  Like I said, I'm a huge fan of Adele (I just bought her 30 vinyl and own her other albums as well), but there's no denying that this opening is a little underwhelming for what we expected (and from what her label expected, too). Obviously, it's still a huge opening, that's for sure, and still only a few people - namely Taylor and Drake - can even dream to come close right now. And to be fair, I think Adele would prefer her career to scale down a bit, knowing her. Still, she's humongous, and obviosly 21 and 25 are once in a lifetime things to experience not in an artist's life but in the music industry in general, and the fact that she did that twice is already astounding. You can't keep doing that forever. I don't get why people think Adele needs to be defended over this, geez. Also, I don't get why people skip all the reasonable posts and only quote the crazy posts saying that all Taylor fans are crazy. Looks to me like you like responding to them.

On the other hand, it baffles me that people are still trying to diminish Taylor's career after 15 years of continuous success. Only on this site I've seen having a huge fanbase being used against the artist. Being able to fidelize this many people is an achievement. Sure, if you have multiple version of your album available to buy, that helps. But that's still many people deciding to buy physical copies in 2020 and 2021. That's an achievement to me. Also, why diminish Red TV success? You are kidding yourself if you say the success was expected. Fearless TV was successful for a re-recording, but Red TV was on another level. Also, yes, this being a re-recording should work against it; it has 30 tracks, 21 of which were copy cat recordings of the original Red tracks, plus 9 new tracks, 2 of which were already known to the public (Better Man and Babe) and 1 of which is a 10 minute version of a beloved fan favourite. The fact that Taylor has a huge loyal fanbase willing to check that out and buy that should be a merit, not a reason to downplay it.

Finally, I don't get why you MUST choose which lady is the most successful or else you can't move on. So much for preaching female empowerment and bla bla bla. They are both miles ahead everyone else in the industry and that should be praise enough.

Someone said it. Kudos, this is all accurate. :clap3: 

Both ladies are doing well. Let's leave it at that and support them both.

23 hours ago, drmkng said:

Girl Britney said that in 2010-11:bibliahh: stop embarrassing yourself please.

Who the hell cares about chart masters or something:bibliahh: when the artists themselves say their sales :bibliahh:

Can you break down the sales? I mean for each album

8 minutes ago, jinzo said:

The Adele avis disappearing like wildfire.

First they love you then they switch like ******s :lmao: 

It’s good tbh. We don’t need ppl to fake stan Ms A

29 minutes ago, jinzo said:

The Adele avis disappearing like wildfire.

First they love you then they switch like ******s :lmao: 

when sh!t hit the fan is u still a fan? 

2 hours ago, itsjem said:

:clap3: PREACH. 

27 minutes ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

It’s good tbh. We don’t need ppl to fake stan Ms A

Basically this. I'm done with this fake stans who keep manipulating Adele. Now they back to their fad flopped favs

8 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Adele is doing the same as what everyone else is doing to sell their album. Not a thing more or less. Everyone offers on cassette, vinyl and a deluxe as standard.

Taylor, however, literally used every tactic available to her and STOPPED only when they didn’t count for Billboard. 

If it wasn’t an attempt to get fans to buy multiple copies why did she stop the second billboard made them ineligible? :gaycat6: 

Questions with known answers, wbk. 
Adele isn’t doing anything more than what is standard. 

Exactly. The Swifties really out here acting as if 16 covers over 2 formats and signed copies as website exclusives every month to boost chart position is in any way standard behaviour lol 

8 hours ago, Toxicity. said:

Just so we’re clear. Virtual Insanity is a Katy Cat and Gaia is an Ariana stan :skull: so you guys don’t think you’re arguing with actual Adele fans. 

Is it so hard for you to grasp that I am a fan of Katy AND Adele AND also BTS. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.