HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

23 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

the way it goes only slightly up from 21 to 25 and then stumbles down from 25 to 30 :rip: At least make it accurate.

It’s reflecting the logic of ATRL. Those who are acting like 800k meant she is OVER

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

Oh wow, folklore will remain the biggest debut of the decade and reputation the last 1M seller :sad:

In other news, with this projection, Red TV will be close to 800k, it should be passing the million mark this year so it's another platinum album for Taylor :clap3:

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

158k of SEA and TEA? C'mon, she will for sure pull 200k of that.

bb said first 3 days were 75k, average 25k a day. 25k*7=175k, and generally the first day is the strongest. the sea/tea would have to fly up to get to your goal.

This thread :deadbanana:

Obviously Taylor had the much bigger career so far in the US. 

Adele made the choice to have so few albums. She even is over a year older than Taylor, so its not some unfair comparison

And we have no idea how it would look like if Taylor released less often or Adele more often (if she could write that much music), we can only go with what we actually have

3 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

but somehow you are trying to drag Folklore's numbers with nonsencial excuses as if it wasn’t available in Targets and Walmarts due to global pandemic which was a huge disadvantage in its case.

I'm gonna stop talking here  cause I'm tired of swifties twisting my words around :bibliahh:I literally called Folklore "the perfect storm" for her. How am I dragging the numbers? I just said it sounds weird to criticize someone for pulling off numbers that y'all declared were enough to make your fav have her third peak:skull:

29 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

She did have signed CDs both in the US and the UK and I wouldn't say that a +220k difference is "small" :deadbanana2:

Folklore was the perfect storm for Taylor in terms of hype + new content (although RedTV also had similar hype with the Jake Gyllenhall drama + ATW) and even then, she wouldn't have done over 800k if it wasn't for bundles.

I truly don't see her doing over +650k in pure sales and 800k overall for TS10 unless something big happens like her and Joe breaking up and the album revolving around that.

I don't know, it's just weird that swifties will claim that Folklore is Taylor's third "peak" and yet are dragging Adele for her numbers when she will likely outsell and outstream it at the end of the day.

You thinking Taylor can only sell due to cheap breakup rumors and tabloid gossip is incredibly misogynistic and tired. Especially when she broke that idiotic idea years ago with the enormous success of Lover and folklore. About TS10 not selling 650k pure sales - obviously the chances for that to happen are low since the album won’t come out until at least a year from now and sales are generally decreasing day to day - but we know she’ll still serve some huge numbers.

Not one serious, logical swiftie in this thread is actually ‘dragging’ Adele - she’s a powerhouse for sure. But its undeniable that her power has somewhat faded from being astronomical to very successful, which is fine and makes sense since her previous albums are once in generation type of peaks.

Again, No one is saying Adele isn’t a force anymore - its just that her album sales came down to earth whatsoever, and can be somewhat compared to Taylor right now - which wasn’t the situation with 21 and 25 obviously. If I were you I’d show some respect for Taylor Swift for her huge achievements and hustle for over 16 years now - which we all know is very rare for a female artist to achieve. 
-

Overall good numbers.

5 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Again, learn how to read :bibliahh:I never said any of that, LOL. y'all need to stop twisting stuff to play the victim.

You need to stop spending so much time and energy in criticizing someone you dislike, maybe you’d stop making terrible points :bibliahh:

OT: great numbers for Adele, she’s so genuine and fun, definitely deserved :clap3:

14 minutes ago, Gaia said:

The difference is Taylor makes her music about well known men and makes it very obvious it’s about them + dramatizes it.

Adele makes her music about unknown men to the public and doesn’t make that the center of her era. 

The fact that people can name like 4-5 of Taylor’s Exs isn’t a good thing. Hardly anyone knows who Adele has dated or married :toofunny3:

She did 30 numbers with Folklore and it wasn’t about her ex, not even her current boyfriend so stop with this misogynistic point of view. You are not making the point you think you are doing. 

8 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

I'm gonna stop talking here  cause I'm tired of swifties twisting my words around :bibliahh:I literally called Folklore "the perfect storm" for her. How am I dragging the numbers? I just said it sounds weird to criticize someone for pulling off numbers that y'all declared were enough to make your fav have her third peak:skull:

Because you are claiming that Folklore sold good thanks to multiple versions and Red TV sold well thanks to drama? :toofunny3:

Also what makes you think her new album won't have the same "perfect storm" when she had the same thing with... Reputation, Lover, Folklore and now Red TV since all of them did huge numbers. It is a casual thing for her at this point. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

Not sure how to feel about Adele's numbers. I mean, she's having the biggest debut of the year and that alone speaks volumes... but they def feel underwhelming for her standards. 

Saying Taylor is bigger than Adele in the US just because she has more albums makes no sense.

The best way to compare is to compare in a mathematical and fair way.  Basically to put their four biggest eras against each other ( when 30 will finish it's rollout)

Pretty sure at the end it'll be Adele > Taylor. No matter what

If you gonna assume " If Adele released a lot of albums she wouldn't be as big" then they're just imaginary assumptions with 0 proofs.

The only way to prove which one is bigger right now is to compare with what we have.

What we know for now, is whenever Adele releases an album since 21, it turns out to be bigger than Taylor's albums in the long run. Factually. It's about to be her 4th album that will do that, once again.

3 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

It's a double album. It should be platinum this week :clap3:

30 is the biggest debut since folklore which is the biggest debut since lover which is the biggest debut since reputation which is the biggest debut since 25. No men allowed, so let's celebrate that

Oh wait, I didn't know it was a double album :rip:, then it should be 2x platinum by this year ends, amazing!!!

50 minutes ago, Yog said:

This, I’m quite sick of the BS drama 

Quite a different energy from last week :huh:

19 hours ago, Gaia said:

And why are you guys acting like Taylor just released the album and it’s selling solely based on the music :deadbanana4: homegirl has been EVERYWHERE talking about how SB STOLE her music and how this is taking her power back so everyone should buy TV as an FU to SB and the people who screwed her over :skull: and releasing like 10 versions of the album :deadbanana2:

And now she resorted to reigniting rumors about a decade old relationship that last 3 months with an A-list actor.

Adele just needs to release her music :dies: 

All this tea.

OT - Excellent numbers for Adele, the music industry way ahead of the rest as usual. 

It's funny how Adele and Taylor alternate for the top selling albums of the year. I guess the comparison makes sense. While people are so anxious to pit them against each other and hope for their downfalls, they are still top two females artists of this generation. Remember when people thought it was going to be Katy or Lady Gaga?

Edited by Cap10Planet

1 minute ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

OT - Excellent numbers for Adele, the music industry way ahead of the rest as usual. 

And EFFORTLESSLY 

8 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

She did 30 numbers with Folklore and it wasn’t about her ex, not even her current boyfriend so stop with this misogynistic point of view. You are not making the point you think you are doing. 

Because you are claiming that Folklore sold good thanks to multiple versions and Red TV sold well thanks to drama? :toofunny3:

Also what makes you think her new album won't have the same "perfect storm" when she had the same thing with... Reputation, Lover, Folklore and now Red TV since all of them did huge numbers. It is a casual thing for her at this point. 

Folklore had 16 plus  versions counting towards its first week. Did she have cassettes also ? 

9 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

:bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

Reputation is perhaps the +1M debut seller with the worst legs of music history.

4 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Quite a different energy from last week :huh:

Again.. because you guys keep trying it, and I’m tired of it :zzz:

675k Pure sales :jonnycat:  that's massive!!!

Adele having no Mercy! :clap3:

Silk Sonic holding pretty well at week #2

5 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Saying Taylor is bigger than Adele in the US just because she has more albums makes no sense.

The best way to compare is to compare in a mathematical and fair way.  Basically to put their four biggest eras against each other ( when 30 will finish it's rollout)

If you gonna assume " If Adele released a lot of albums she wouldn't be as big" then they're just imaginary assumptions with 0 proofs.

The only way to prove which one is bigger right now is to compare with what we have.

What we know for now, is whenever Adele releases an album since 21, it turns out to be bigger than Taylor's albums in the long run. Factually. It's about to be her 4th album that will do that, once again.

Maintaining a certain level of success album after album is not an easy feat as we can see here. No one thinks Shania Twain is bigger than Madonna in the US despite the former having 3 diamond albums, including a double diamond one

Folklore having a higher first week number than 30 is a bit surprising, but given how underwhelming 30 is, it’s not shocking 

5 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Reputation is perhaps the +1M debut seller with the worst legs of music history.

Not when Born This Way exists :skull: And even then, I'm doubtful that 30 will have strong legs considering that 25 fell off the chart before making it to 200 weeks. 

Edited by wastedpotential

Red TV second week still bigger than majority artists I- :deadbanana4:

15 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

19 +21 + 25 - ~30M Units

Fearless + Red + 1989 - ~30M Units

10 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Folklore had 16 plus  versions counting towards its first week. Did she have cassettes also ? 

It has 1 version with "different covers". 

Btw, you were saying that Adele will debut with 1M+ with no doubt, why do you think it didn't happen? 

8 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

The album that charted only 26 weeks less than 25?

I wonder what that makes 25 as a +3M debut seller :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.