HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

40 minutes ago, slw84 said:

then they'll push full out singles 3-4 more.

Which singles? Do you expect the GP to consume 6 minute non-radio friendly songs? Let alone 3-4 of them. The album has 1-2 single worthy songs at most and that’s probably what her label was aiming for. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if they were summoning her back to the studio for that 30 - Deluxe edition featuring 2-3 new pop songs as we speak.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

This is definitely an underperformance, obviously still great numbers but for Adele‘s standards it isn’t great. I knew it wouldn’t reach 1M after listening to the album and seeing her first day streaming numbers. She’s definitely not as powerful as she used to be. 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

Which singles? Do you expect the GP to consume 6 minute non-radio friendly songs? Let alone 3-4 of them. The album has 1-2 single worthy songs at most and that’s probably what her label was aiming for. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if they were summoning her back to the studio for that 30 - Deluxe edition featuring 2-3 new pop songs as we speak.

Yeah the label might wanna come up with something quick to sell all those printed copies :rip:

Who knows tho, it might have a lot of longevity. But it only has OMG and CIGI as singles left there.

Edited by Trent W

1 hour ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

All too well is a single. What rubbish are you talking ? These re recordings are the most promoted albums in the history of music. 

:ahh: 

Sig worthy.

58 minutes ago, slw84 said:

This album will likely go 3x platinum by the end of the year...

then they'll push full out singles 3-4 more.

The album will serve longevity if they can push it to 7-8x platinum in its initial run it's possible later on it can.

what;s there to push sweetie?

outside OMG none other songs would make any noise

all the crying in the songs for THIS? :bibliahh:

Not Adele finally releasing an album after 5 years just to show she's not at the top anymore. Maybe she should've waited anymore 5 years and come up with a much better album. 

45 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

HUGE update for a first update only

It might even go up

dont wait for it honey the projection is already on the high side they know their tingz

anyway I called it, no way it would clear 1 mil

I already warned the 'phants but them being the stubborn bunch wouldn;t listen and set themselves up :ahh: 

Edited by Harry

The fact that she's "underperforming" and is still getting the biggest debut of the year says a lot about how huge she is

Really the biggest artist in the industry:jonny5:

She's gonna have the biggest opening of the year and is far and away the most universally beloved pop star of our time. Idk how anyone can come for these numbers but the way some of you are gloating over it is absolutely pathological.

Adele needs to call up Hitmaker Camila Cabello for the Hold On Remix!

Great numbers of course :clap3: 

4 hours ago, Brando said:

Adele: The Collapse

ATRL: The Collapse

Let it be known.................. That I triieeeeeeeeeed................. :gaycat6:

:ahh:

6 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Not Adele finally releasing an album after 5 years just to show she's not at the top anymore. Maybe she should've waited anymore 5 years and come up with a much better album. 

How is getting the highest album debut of the year (in addition to a multiweek #1 smash hit, cleaning up on streaming and radio) not showing she's at the top anymore.... she is very clearly still at the top. 

I swear the utter delusion on this site... :clown:

She really went from biggest debut in music history to 30% more than a re-recording released the week prior.

What the hell happened?

800k units in a week is 800k units in a week. Bundles doesn’t really make it any less impressive. A TV special doesn’t make it any less impressive. Any promo doesn’t make it any less impressive. 800k is huge no matter what. Just my two cents :michael:

OT: glad so many people are enjoying the music :clap: so glad she delivered with her best work, the rest is just the cherry on top.

36 minutes ago, Velvet Night said:

This is definitely an underperformance, obviously still great numbers but for Adele‘s standards it isn’t great. I knew it wouldn’t reach 1M after listening to the album and seeing her first day streaming numbers. She’s definitely not as powerful as she used to be. 

Marina avi:hoetenks:

22 minutes ago, Harry said:

what;s there to push sweetie?

outside OMG none other songs would make any noise

all the crying in the songs for THIS? :bibliahh:

I was being optimistic since there's alot of mixed energy in here.

OMG serve Dark Horse luv:hippo:

2 hours ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

All too well is a single. What rubbish are you talking ? These re recordings are the most promoted albums in the history of music. 

The things that we get to read here xd
Like they dont even try anymore :giraffe:

I’m a bit underwhelmed personally but I also feel a bit spoiled because these numbers are fantastic for anyone else. The standards were just sky high.

hopefully this encourages her to make more uptempos tbh

It was obvious from the get go. I said on previous threads before the release and some members tried to call me out when i said this would happen :skull:

It is by no means a bad debut but a "decline" from her previous ones. There's no way she would keep selling 20 million copies on each release, it's something realistic impossible. Still, it's the highest debut of the year and 850k is huge no matter how you spin it and she did great nonetheless. Imagine dragging her for selling that much :deadbanana2:

The album won't be frontloaded as thanksgiving and christmas season are on the way and Adele's albums are not fanbase driven, which makes her numbers even more impressive. I feel like if this album had no lead single and was a surprise drop, it would have chances to top 1M.

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, CarCAL22 said:

How is getting the highest album debut of the year (in addition to a multiweek #1 smash hit, cleaning up on streaming and radio) not showing she's at the top anymore.... she is very clearly still at the top. 

I swear the utter delusion on this site... :clown:

This is good numbers, if you don't see who's the artist. And the funny thing is that as if the stans hiding behind her did not expect her to do at least 1-1.5M :mandown:

Anyways I wanted to ask about the SEA + TEA + Digital numbers. Is it going to be that much? I tried to compare the US Spotify performance with Ariana's Positions (as they did similarly better on Apple Music too) and here's what I got

US Spotify

Positions
Day 1: 24,898,840
Day 2: 15,310,830 (**Halloween Day)
Day 3: 9,796,373

Day 1: 21,635,987
Day 2: 15,687,805
Day 3: 10,090,780

Positions did ~135K SEA in the end. We knew though Ariana isnt a TEA/Digital Album seller but do we think Adele can do ~165K TEA + Digital?

I'm not sure how well the numbers will hold up (especially the sales). This isn't 2015 and Black Friday is basically irrelevant for music sales and Christmas isn't doing any better. Maybe Adele will buck the trend, but we'll have to see in March if there are still thousands of copies of 30 floating around on the back of the shelves at Walmart and Target and Barnes and Noble and wherever else the album is retailed.

The way the streaming is collapsing makes me doubtful that the album will be clearing 10M/day by Christmas, and it might even reach those numbers sooner. Maybe I'm downplaying her longevity, but albums just don't last nowadays without massive streaming hits. Easy On Me has already peaked on streaming and will be peaking on the radio this week. There's nothing else on this album that's truly instant enough (or appears to be holding on well) except for maybe Oh My God but even that's showing definite signs of decline. 

Unless there's something I'm not seeing (or maybe some of y'all are just blinded by the fact that this is an Adele album), this should perform like any other big name release does over time. It might hold on to the #1 position into December but I have doubts that it will hold the spot for 10 weeks like 25 or 24 (!) like 21 did. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.