HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

Maybe my girl Lorde is behind this and she wants to teach her a leason about how the CDs impact the environment or something idk

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

9 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

I refuse to give a single new stream until first week sales are out. I want to make sure there is MAXIMAL drama when the official numbers come out :giraffe:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

It's not that good, you can wait and stream 21 instead :eli:

10 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Adele doing these numbers with no promo is pretty amazing really. Her power is scary. 

Except she did multiple interviews (including Oprah herself). She was live on social media and even performed a few times. Just because she wasn’t on any Award show it doesn’t mean she had “no promo”. And what about the buildings with the “30” lightings? Everybody and their mom knew Adele was back, this time, however, her music didn’t translate into record-breaking masses of people buying her album.

I wonder if she would have pulled bigger numbers if the album had been held back from streaming ?

Edited by Mr.Link

29 minutes ago, Buffy said:

What delusion? Taylor literally didn’t release any singles for RED TV or do any promo. She starved her fans for 5 months after the release date announcement :rip: 

All too well is a single. What rubbish are you talking ? These re recordings are the most promoted albums in the history of music. 

2 hours ago, Trent W said:

She’s still the biggest artist in the industry aside from Taylor. No one can really come for her.

Honestly it is an underperformance, the six year ling break affected her. But still the biggest in the industry.

I think it'll hit 1M but I don't think the 6 year break was what did it. You all have to think bigger picture. There are bigger implications involved than a break. 

1 minute ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

All too well is a single. What rubbish are you talking ? These re recordings are the most promoted albums in the history of music. 

Except it's literally the #1 hit this century with the lowest radio audience, at less than 300,000 plays. Even Life Goes On, a song that is primarily in Korean, had over 400k :rip:

2 hours ago, DreamGlow said:

her fans are confident that prediction might increase to 3M  :jonny5: 

You ain't ish for this:coffee:

2 hours ago, Tusk said:

The album has little to no replay though :stare:

Well, this is a true statement

6 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

These re recordings are the most promoted albums in the history of music. 

:skull:

1 hour ago, Da Vinci said:

8rdMrFq.gif

even this gif is slower than the 25 version :laugh: 

That’s sped up lol. The original vid was even slower :celestial6:

4 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Except it's literally the #1 hit this century with the lowest radio audience, at less than 300,000 plays. Even Life Goes On, a song that is primarily in Korean, had over 400k :rip:

So. Just because something has low radio play doesnt mean its not a single. 

Yeah, people seem to be pretending ATRL didn't call reputation and Lover all sorts of things from underperformance to straight up bombs

From calling rep her BTW and TS7 her artpop to laughing at the idea of puta outselling Lemonade and Anti to that one navy that claimed all of Rihanna's albums but her debut were bigger than Lover. Hell, even folklore was called frontloaded

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Quite a few artists lost weight and saw a noticeable decline. She still slayed but wow maybe the myth is true after all.

The big girls said NO representation NO deal...

Adele will still get her 3rd diamond album eventually though

This album is NEVER going diamond, y’all need to stop setting her up. 

50 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

America is not the entire planet. And fake China sales don't count.

Thankfully she is also second(or most) streamed artist globally as well. 

25 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Adele doing these numbers with no promo is pretty amazing really. Her power is scary. 

15 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

:ahh:

Not y’all acting like this is bad . In what reality is 800k bad ? Y’all are a some weirdos and really need to go outside and get fresh air . Like seek a mental eval too . 

16 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

These re recordings are the most promoted albums in the history of music. 

:ahh:

8 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

It’s not “low”, it’s minimal. It was not sent to radio at all, that pretty much in all case scenarios means it’s not a single lmao.

9 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Um yeah. Having airplay is usually exactly what being a single means

But yes she performed it once on TV and released a 15 minute video for it. It obviously had to smash

19 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

I wonder if she would have pulled bigger numbers if the album had been held back from streaming ?

I highly doubt it.

People who wanted to buy the cd/vinyl did so and most of those who stream would’ve just waited until it was Spotify or downloaded it. 

I guess Adele really isn’t that interested in making music. It took her six years to create 12 uninspired songs.

Great numbers, Taylor numbers. 

… on a serious note, I’ve watched every interview of hers this era cus her personality is just darn deliciously infectious. She speaks of the music with so much passion and sentimentality, I just wish the entertainment factor didn’t get lost in the shuffle. Maybe you need to relate to the lyrics to enjoy it but I hadn’t gone through an earth-shattering breakup either when I listened to 21 so I dunno. Maybe she won’t take as long of a break now since get stranglehold is kinda waning. She’s still gonna outdo all our favs so hardly figures to scoff at. 

14 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

That is literally the textbook definition of a single :rip:

The KATY stan is getting brave.mp3

Virtual_Insanity

drop the act and stop stanning success

Spoiler

I doubt you could stop

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.