HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

1 hour ago, Toxicity. said:

The narrative went from wait for the monster streaming numbers to wait for the pure sales to BUT THE SWIFTIES :deadbanana2:

It also went from "it will be the last album to debut with 1M" to "it will be the last album to debut close to 1M":ahh:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

Doing Lover numbers :celestial3:

15 minutes ago, Thor said:

Oh pls!

It's wayyyyy more impressive when Taylor does it because of how frequently she releases, and not to mention now she's re-releasing old albums and still getting phenomenal numbers.

Adele releases once or twice each decade and has bigger hype each time than any other artist, so there's no reason why she isn't hitting at least 1M+.

These numbers are beyond underwhelming, and there's no other way to spin it.

I wasn't spinning it. If Taylor does 800k it's awesome of course, and if Adele does 800k it's awesome too because it's the same number, it's hypocritical to praise that number for one artist and to call it an underpeformance for the other one :rip:

"Hype" isn't enough to reach the 1M mark. How many artists have sold that amount in the last 3 years? Exactly, zero, because the only way to reach that number is through physical sales, and as I have already said, physical sales are dead and clearly not in the same place as they were when Adele did 3M+ first week.

2 minutes ago, Letícia L. said:

Doing Lover numbers :celestial3:

I feel like she will surpass both Lover (869k) and folklore's (846k) opening weeks :celestial5:

so this is why atrl was slow as **** :priceless: i kept getting errors

OT: i was expecting 1M at least ngl but these are great numbers as well :clap3:

2 hours ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Omg y’all lying in here. These are bad numbers. 77% decrease from 25!!!!

That is a steep decrease. yes but 850k is still big numbers.

I have quite a few ideas of what happened since 25 to now that contributed to some pulling out but nonetheless this will be the #1 album for months to come:turkey:

11 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

She did 600k with no bundles and only 1 version with a decade old re-release. She will easily doing 800k+ with her brand new album but if this makes you feel better... 

What? Bilboard decide to change bundle rule almost 10 days before Folklore announced. 

The fanfictions :rip:

https://www.billboard.com/pro/billboard-new-chart-rules-no-more-merch-ticket-bundles/

@Mike91

In this situation, i only feel bad for you two since you were the most unproblematic and nice Adele stans in this site and now you have to deal with the mess some users started but i am pretty sure this won't last long and will be irrelevant in a week or two at most so don't mind so much. :heart:

@UnusualBoy

Thanks! It is what it is, I've kinda been through this with all my faves, I'm kinda used to at this point :rip: 

19 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

She did 600k with no bundles and only 1 version with a decade old re-release. She will easily doing 800k+ with her brand new album but if this makes you feel better... 

What? Bilboard decide to change bundle rule almost 10 days before Folklore announced. 

The fanfictions :rip:

https://www.billboard.com/pro/billboard-new-chart-rules-no-more-merch-ticket-bundles/

@Mike91

In this situation, i only feel bad for you two since you were the most unproblematic and nice Adele stans in this site and now you have to deal with the mess some users started but i am pretty sure this won't last long and will be irrelevant in a week or two at most so don't mind so much. :heart:

@UnusualBoy

!!! Yes they are so sweet 

13 minutes ago, Ger.vaz said:

The most impressive thing is that Taylor is doing these numbers with frequent releases, instead Adele has to wait 5-6 years. How would her numbers look like if she'd release an album every 1-2 years?

The demand is there for the one and only music industry, Miss Swift. :giraffe:

In the streaming era releasing frequently is more helpful than disappearing for six years, if you don't believe me look where Katy and Xtina are right now :eli:

Adele is just lazy so we'll never know how it would have been if she released frequently. Would she flop? Would she slay? We'll never know :skull:

9 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

it's hypocritical to praise that number for one artist and to call it an underpeformance for the other one :rip:

but isn’t that what y’all did for Lover and dragged it mercilessly? why should Adele’s numbers be praised when it’s the same situation? I can’t at the hypocrisy in this thread :bibliahh:

OT: really shocked this didn’t hit 1 million tbh, but they are still good numbers 

2 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Folklore wasn't even available at Targets

Red did 600k+ with only one version. So you are telling us Adele can only do 200k more with a brand new album? :ahh:

Honestly Red should have done more because I STILL haven’t found a physical copy yet and I know I’m not the only one. Meanwhile I’ve seen shelves full of 30 ?

I refuse to give a single new stream until first week sales are out. I want to make sure there is MAXIMAL drama when the official numbers come out :giraffe:

biggest debut of the year seems like a success to me, i'm sure she will have longevity with physicals as well :clap3:

2 hours ago, greeneyedsoul said:

People miss curvy Adele. 

Quite a few artists lost weight and saw a noticeable decline. She still slayed but wow maybe the myth is true after all.

The big girls said NO representation NO deal...

Adele will still get her 3rd diamond album eventually though

Adele doing these numbers with no promo is pretty amazing really. Her power is scary. 

Also, its thanksgiving in the US so a lot of people are probaby busy getting ready for the holidays with their families. 

3 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

but isn’t that what y’all did for Lover and dragged it mercilessly?

I have never dragged Taylor numbers (and no one should) so it's not up to me to answer that :cm:

7 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

why should Adele’s numbers be praised when it’s the same situation?

Both, Adele and Taylor should be praised for their success because they are doing the same impressive numbers :wave2:

2 hours ago, wish said:

It’s giving OVERSHIPPED

giphy.gif

The new Madonna.

The new Queen of Pop confirmed:turkey:

4 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Adele doing these numbers with no promo is pretty amazing really. Her power is scary. 

Also, its thanksgiving in the US so a lot of people are probaby busy getting ready for the holidays with their families. 

:deadbanana2:

So an Oprah interview and a TV special and multiple live performances and projected billboards on a monument in basically every city and a massive lead single don't count as promo now?  

Don't like the album, but wishing her good luck.

6 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

what no promo :skull: Adele fans were bragging the other day that her live performance of 30 songs out viewed the Oscars

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.