• Cruel Summer

• iam1925

Top Posters In This Topic

From a fan favorite deep cut to a #1 hit 9 years later :jonny6:

286k radio audience tho :rip:

Edited by JawBreaker

3 minutes ago, selenachris said:

But shouldn’t it be credited as the 10 minute version then

BB tweeted about it. I'm guessing they're counting the 10 minute version as a remix? But it still got the record

3 minutes ago, selenachris said:

But shouldn’t it be credited as the 10 minute version then

They probably don’t credit it just for the hideously long parenthetical title, but the 10 minute version amassed well over 75% of the streams and sales for it to go #1

3 minutes ago, LittleMonster2012 said:

Next week ot will break another record

:clap3:

And you will be breaking your heels to post in another Taylor thread looking like a loser :clap3: 

3 minutes ago, LittleMonster2012 said:

Next week ot will break another record

If you're trying to imply it's going to fall off the chart, I'm happy to inform you that predictions so far have it remaining top 10 or even top 5.

4 minutes ago, TheFameCurse said:

We love specific records :clap3:

This one isn’t really “specific,” it’s a feat that American Pie has held for nearly 5 decades :rip:  specifically, 49 years — it hit #1 in 1972. If Taylor had let them have one more year they would’ve hit 50 years :deadbanana2:

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

Nobody will break this record :jonny5:

We love REAL records that are not completely made up by some stans:clap3:

12 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

BB tweeted about it. I'm guessing they're counting the 10 minute version as a remix? But it still got the record

so it's confirmed :clap3: Talent won

2 minutes ago, TrieLz said:

Nobody will break this record :jonny5:

I Drink Milk (15 minute version) is coming 

6 minutes ago, TheFameCurse said:

We love specific records :clap3:

It's... literally just "longest #1"

That's one of the least specific records you could possibly break that still has any meaningful context

I thought this was going to be about the time it took to get to #1 :rip:

I’m sure she also broke some kind of record with that, it took 9 years for it to go #1 after released.

DESERVE DESERVE DESERVE :jonny5:

I'm completely obsessed with the 10 min version it's so good. See when you do quality and classic songs. No need for payola, no TTH, no playlisting, no radio support :clap3:

I honestly thought we'd never hear the 10-minute version ever, but lo and behold here we are, witnessing its ascent to the top of the charts in the year 2021. Mind you, it's a re-release of a track that's existed for nearly a decade reworked into a ten-minute epic and given the single/music video treatment!

She's surpassed so many of our expectations that the bar has been set to impossible standards at this point for anyone—male, female or other—to emulate. Her momentum is showing no signs of slowing down, and this is yet another accomplishment to add to her insane career milestones. 

Isn't she also the first artist to have both her album and single debut simultaneously at the top of the BB200 and BB100 for the third time? 

Edited by NickAurora

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.