? PLATINUM HIT 10.5 ? Farewell pg.220 / Grammys pg.221 ?

fountain

5 minutes ago, UFO said:

But the matrix isn't you playing the video game. You aren't the player, you are the Pokemon. You're in the video game itself. So technically, you are PART of the construct. You can perceive something to be real but at the same time is perception actual existence? Does something have to be tangible in order to actually exist? Is what you feel and think really what you feel and think? If everything is a perception, and if everything is the truth, then everything also has to be a lie. So is anything ever true? What is time?

But if you think about it, when you play a video game in real life, it takes you away from the real world and you are inside an imaginary one. So in a way, video games are their own little matrix's. You play a character that does not exist outside of the game. You are that character so you are within the matrix. Sure we can seperable ourselves and we know reality, but we always choose to return back to the video game - back to the matrix. Therefore, we are taking the blue pill! In a way we are taking the blue pill right now. ATRL does not truly exist and the real world continues around us. ATRL is the blue pill.

Edited by keshaspearsxo

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• ceremonials

• Hug

• SaintWest

Top Posters In This Topic

Not my best song not going top 5

LkDAPNs.gif?1my career is in a eternal Witness era

LkDAPNs.gif?1

For the last song I am going as artsy fartsy as I want with an essay of 3500 words talking about how much i love chicken wings when I'm drunk at 4am comparing my hunger with a rising sun in a cold morning

LkDAPNs.gif?1

Just now, keshaspearsxo said:

But if you think about it, when you play a video game in real life, it takes you away from the real world and you are inside an imaginary one. So in a way, video games are their own little matrix's. You play a character that does not exist outside of the game. You are that character so you are within the matrix. Sure we can seperable ourselves and we know reality, but we always choose to return back to the video game - back to the matrix. Therefore, we are taking the blue pill! In a way we are taking the blue pill right now. ATRL does not truly exist and the real world continues around us. 

The real world? But I thought reality is perception? :cm:   Nnnnnnnn 

Ok so if we always go back to the matrix, back to the false reality - then what is the purpose of the real world? Why does it exist? If we follow the red/blue pill scenario, what is the point of the real world existing if you chose to live in the blue world? The only conclusion I can come to is the fact that the red pill reality is REAL and therefore cannot be erased. As soon as you pick the red pill, the matrix is erased but your memories are not. The fact that you have to ERASE the memories of the true real world before you can continue living in the matrix is interesting. The fact that you can live with the memories of the matrix when you choose to live in the true real world is interesting. Why is it that you must erase your memories in order to continue living in the matrix? It's because the matrix cannot exist without the ignorance of the true real world. Therefore, the matrix cannot exist without the existence of the true real world. Whereas, the true real world CAN.

What has this thread turned into? :deadbanana2:  :skull:  alkfjaslkgjalkdg Platinum Hit is a mess

Life's a pendulum. it all goes back around! ffff Katy ha impact 

Ole3BeU.png

1 minute ago, UFO said:

The real world? But I thought reality is perception? :cm:   Nnnnnnnn 

Ok so if we always go back to the matrix, back to the false reality - then what is the purpose of the real world? Why does it exist? If we follow the red/blue pill scenario, what is the point of the real world existing if you chose to live in the blue world? The only conclusion I can come to is the fact that the red pill reality is REAL and therefore cannot be erased. As soon as you pick the red pill, the matrix is erased but your memories are not. The fact that you have to ERASE the memories of the true real world before you can continue living in the matrix is interesting. The fact that you can live with the memories of the matrix when you choose to live in the true real world is interesting. Why is it that you must erase your memories in order to continue living in the matrix? It's because the matrix cannot exist without the ignorance of the true real world. Therefore, the matrix cannot exist without the existence of the true real world. Whereas, the true real world CAN.

Well, yes, there is one world which is real and one which is not. The matrix is a construction. What is outside of the matrix is true existence. But what is within the matrix has become its own existence, and it's own world. You can argue that the matrix itself is a world. Just because it's generated doesn't mean entirely that it does not exist, it exists like a video game. So when you receive the option of the pills, it's basically an option of which world you want to live in. If you choose the red pill, the matrix universe doesn't exist, and you are freed into the 'real world', but if you choose the blue pill, even though it is ignorance, the matrix DOES exist and the "real world" does not. Therefore you can view it as possible that they both do exist, but do not exist, depending on your perception / choice. To some people God is real, to some people God is not real. What it comes down to is what you choose. So if you choose the blue pill, the matrix IS real in its own way. It's possible for both. Like the rabbit and the duck above!

2 minutes ago, Corsola said:

It's a really interesting discussion because there's literally no right/wrong answer and it just depends on the individual. And I feel like everybody has a different view/answer for it too :jonny: 

RIGHT :jonny:  I know some people who wouldn't even want to choose between a red and a blue pill, and would rather let someone else choose for them which I find really interesting. I also know other people who would live in neither world. It really comes down to psychology and how you perceive yourself and your surroundings. For example, I personally feel like the matrix is a claustrophobic pointless mess :cm:  but I can still recognise why someone would choose to live in the matrix. The "ignorance is bliss" aspect is definitely appealing

and tbh even though I would choose the red pill, I do have to be realistic. It would probably be HELL living there, but at the same time I wouldn't want to live in the utopian prison that the matrix offers akfjaskgl

6 minutes ago, Corsola said:

It's a really interesting discussion because there's literally no right/wrong answer and it just depends on the individual. And I feel like everybody has a different view/answer for it too :jonny: 

Yes, there is no right or wrong. Does "right" and "wrong" even exist? The ideas of right and wrong are something which constantly change and are dependent on so much. So how can anything truly be right or wrong?!???!?!

Philosophy is amazing, whew

2 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Well, yes, there is one world which is real and one which is not. The matrix is a construction. What is outside of the matrix is true existence. But what is within the matrix has become its own existence, and it's own world. You can argue that the matrix itself is a world. Just because it's generated doesn't mean entirely that it does not exist, it exists like a video game. So when you receive the option of the pills, it's basically an option of which world you want to live in. If you choose the red pill, the matrix universe doesn't exist, and you are freed into the 'real world', but if you choose the blue pill, even though it is ignorance, the matrix DOES exist and the "real world" does not. Therefore you can view it as possible that they both do exist, but do not exist, depending on your perception / choice. To some people God is real, to some people God is not real. What it comes down to is what you choose. So if you choose the blue pill, the matrix IS real in its own way. It's possible for both. Like the rabbit and the duck above!

Ok now wait this is INTERESTING! So if God is real to some, and God is not real to others then is God but real and not real? :cm:  If truth is all perception then can God exist and not exist at the same time? Is that possible? Are we living in a simulation as a passenger or are we living in a simulation as the pilot? This is really really interesting :jonny: and now I have a headache alfkjasdklsjglkad

2 minutes ago, UFO said:

If truth is all perception then can God exist and not exist at the same time? Is that possible?

that's what i believe :cm: 

Yes, there is no right or wrong. Does "right" and "wrong" even exist? The ideas of right and wrong are something which constantly change and are dependent on so much. So how can anything truly be right or wrong?!???!?!

Philosophy is amazing, whew

Ok now this I 100% agree with! There is definitely no right or wrong, everything is on a spectrum and you can only ever choose to perceive something as being black or white :alexz:  everything is grey. His hair, his smoke, his dreams. And now he's so devoid of colour he don't know what it means :katie2:

Nearly everything we experience in daily life is a social construct tbh.

2 minutes ago, UFO said:

Ok now wait this is INTERESTING! So if God is real to some, and God is not real to others then is God but real and not real? :cm:  If truth is all perception then can God exist and not exist at the same time? Is that possible? Are we living in a simulation as a passenger or are we living in a simulation as the pilot? This is really really interesting :jonny: and now I have a headache alfkjasdklsjglkad

Well the answer I would say is BOTH! God is both real and not real. Makes no sense but.. makes a lot of sense :eli: 

Just now, Jackson said:

that's what i believe :cm: 

I honestly don't know what to believe :cm:  but I do kind of believe that when we die, we all have different perceptions of the afterlife. For example, Hell would be different for each individual person. I also kind of believe that Earth = Hell. It kind of makes sense. I was raised Catholic but I kind of deviated away from that tbh. I would classify myself as spiritual with no ties to any specific religion. I used to be atheist but I feel like to outright believe there is no possibility of a higher being is kind of impossible in itself, so I'm not atheist anymore :cm:  I think I would be agnostic?

3 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Well the answer I would say is BOTH! God is both real and not real. Makes no sense but.. makes a lot of sense :eli: 

Screaming :ahh:   Katy and Gaga were right all along, philosophical pop queens.

Wait so: if everything is real and not real at the same time, maybe this is just a dream? omg I'm scared idk if I want it to be a dream, or if I don't want it to be a dream alkjfjsakfjlak idk which one I would prefer

1 minute ago, Hug said:

@FCKNAmbrosia Welcome to the #1 club! :clap3::clap3::clap3: And of course, a nice well done to everyone who could even be ****ed to submit. :duca: 

omg how do you do that 

Just now, UFO said:

omg how do you do that 

I'm a mod so I'm allowed to swear.

Bulge.

2 minutes ago, UFO said:

Screaming :ahh:   Katy and Gaga were right all along, philosophical pop queens.

Wait so: if everything is real and not real at the same time, maybe this is just a dream? omg I'm scared idk if I want it to be a dream, or if I don't want it to be a dream alkjfjsakfjlak idk which one I would prefer

Well if you think about it, we're all gonna die anyway. Maybe death is the real world, and what we are living in now is the matrix.... 

I feel sick 

It's like 6am and I haven't slept and now I'm scared to sleep aljkfhalkfja dreams are such an interesting topic to me! like..... is it really just the brain going through your memories and deciding which ones to get rid of? Like... maybe we forget our dreams for a REASON? Idk :emofish: I feel like when we dream we all access the same singular consciousness, almost like a parallel universe or something where only our souls experience "life" and not our physical human body vessels. What is a conscience? :skull:  Nnnnn we keep asking these questions that none of us know the answers to aljkfaskgja

3 minutes ago, Hug said:

I'm a mod so I'm allowed to swear.

:ahh:  :ahh:  that is so amazing! I want to be a mod :emofish:  :skull:

4 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Well if you think about it, we're all gonna die anyway. Maybe death is the real world, and what we are living in now is the matrix.... 

I feel sick 

Bitch :jonny:  :jonny:  omg. 

Like seriously though.... what is death? I could actually believe in that theory. When we die, we go to the "real" world. But what is the real world? omg I'm so scared. :dancehall:  :deadbanana2: This life and world we're living in does not feel real at all. I feel like my dreams, thoughts and feelings are a lot more REAL than this world if that makes sense. Does anyone else feel the same?

Nnnnnn at least this is providing me with some inspiration for my song this week :gaycat4: 

Edited by UFO

5 minutes ago, UFO said:

It's like 6am and I haven't slept and now I'm scared to sleep aljkfhalkfja dreams are such an interesting topic to me! like..... is it really just the brain going through your memories and deciding which ones to get rid of? Like... maybe we forget our dreams for a REASON? Idk :emofish: I feel like when we dream we all access the same singular consciousness, almost like a parallel universe or something where only our souls experience "life" and not our physical human body vessels. What is a conscience? :skull:  Nnnnn we keep asking these questions that none of us know the answers to aljkfaskgja

MAYBE DREAMING IS TAKING THE RED PILL AND THAT IS THE REAL WORLD AND WE ARE FREE BUT WE ARE BROUGHT BACK TO THE MATRIX AND THEY WAKE US UP AND MAKE US FORGET OUR DREAMS FOR THAT REASON? OMG NOW IT MAKES SENSE WHY WE FORGET OUT DREAMS ITS BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT US TO REMEMBER 

3 minutes ago, UFO said:

There needs to be a philosophy thread or something :jonny:  this has me so SHOOK

No we need the activity in here the only other posts we get are me talking about Oreos 

Just now, keshaspearsxo said:

MAYBE DREAMING IS TAKING THE RED PILL AND THAT IS THE REAL WORLD AND WE ARE FREE BUT WE ARE BROUGHT BACK TO THE MATRIX AND THEY WAKE US UP AND MAKE US FORGET OUR DREAMS FOR THAT REASON? OMG NOW IT MAKES SENSE WHY WE FORGET OUT DREAMS ITS BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT US TO REMEMBER 

OMG :dancehall:  :weeps:   whyyyyy

I think I read somewhere that when you're sleeping or in a dream-like state that you kind of go through "death consciousness" or something close to it. Maybe our dreams are a way for us to access the real world and death is the eventual complete release into the real world. It would make a LOT of sense. But like...... why do things like Grindr exist in this matrix? :skull:  I'm screaming

I legit have a fear now of going to sleep and being trapped in a dream or something. Or going to sleep and all of a sudden some demon bitch starts talking to me in my dream aklfjasdflkajkl :jonny:  

No we need the activity in here the only other posts we get are me talking about Oreos 

:ahh:  :toofunny2:  so true. I actually can't believe we're still on page 176, I thought we'd be on page 200 by now