The 9th Annual ATRL Grammys | Predict and present

supaspaz

• ATRL Moderator

YUlSNHo.png

And we're back! It's time once again to reward the best music of the past year, and to compare our collective tastes with those of the world's premier music awards show. Using the same categories, procedures and timeline as its namesake, the ATRL Grammys provides an opportunity for members to get in on the Grammy fun before the ceremony in January.

Taylor Swift and Dua Lipa dominated last year's show, winning five awards each and splitting the top categories. After two straight years of crowning the same Album of the Year as the Recording Academy, can ATRL make it a triple crown? Who will join the ranks of past champions like Kacey Musgraves, Lorde and Beyoncé?

THY12Hl.png

SUBMISSIONS

In the first stage of the nomination process, ATRL members can submit their favorite albums, songs and artists in up to 26 actual Grammy categories. Music released from September 1, 2020 to September 30, 2021 is eligible for consideration. You do not have to enter submissions for every category.

BALLOTS ARE DUE BY NOVEMBER 26, 2021. PLEASE SEND BY PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Categories

Spoiler

General Field
Members can submit up to five choices in each category

Album of the Year
Record of the Year (awarded to the performer and production team)
Song of the Year (awarded to the songwriter and composer)
Best New Artist

Genre Fields
Members can submit up to three choices in each category

Best Pop Solo Performance
Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
Best Pop Vocal Album
Best Dance Recording

Best Rock Performance
Best Rock Song
Best Rock Album
Best Alternative Music Album

Best R&B Performance
Best R&B Song
Best R&B Album

Best Rap Performance
Best Melodic Rap Performance
Best Rap Song
Best Rap Album

Best Country Solo Performance
Best Country Duo/Group Performance
Best Country Song
Best Country Album

Producer of the Year
Best Music Video

Lifetime Achievement
Members can submit one artist whose career has made an exceptional impact upon ATRL.

Previous winners are Britney Spears, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Taylor Swift, Mariah Carey, Rihanna and Kylie Minogue.

THY12Hl.png

LONGLISTS

In the second stage of the nomination process, ATRL members will pick the final nominees from longlists of the top submissions in each genre category. These will be announced on November 28, 2021.

Longlists

BALLOTS ARE DUE BY DECEMBER 4, 2021. PLEASE SEND BY PRIVATE MESSAGE.

THY12Hl.png

NOMINATIONS

The nominees in each category will be announced on December 6, 2021.

Announcement

VOTES ARE DUE BY JANUARY 2, 2022. PLEASE SEND BY PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Official ballot

THY12Hl.png

WINNERS

The winners in each category will be announced during the ATRL Grammys ceremony on January 30, 2022, the day before the real show airs on CBS.

PARTICIPANTS

Spoiler

@305 @original_lifeline @mokitsu @alfonso12 @Brando @dangerousalex @Never Ending @GreatestLoveofAll @Insanity @Miss Show Business @beatinglikeadrum @pxxxtrick @Meev @OreGuy @nasa @Mr. Loco @Staryu @TROPICUM @Monky_2405 @PrismaticOwen @Bloodflowers. @Legend E @josesuxx @ikiru @theblackestday @Ken Lee @Indigo Blue @aespa @hofork @STONE @Temporal @Kiss It Better @Ant @artc0cx @MAXIMO @Ewan Chaos @Dark Miracles @madonnas @TRF. @Achilles. @Crank_It_Up @bestfiction @BlackoutZone @Prison @SadGirl @hallucinate @onapearl @wehavetostan @Element @gagacasanova @cityfolk @Devin @Not Like The Movies @dweebz @Tinashegrande6 @MP2K @rl231 @Golden Hour @Scorp @Miss Americana @badgirlriri @Feanor @diogozsz @wastedpotential @Janet @superben @feuxtography @Ivan_brit @Moonlightbae @CBC @Fitzswiftie @Mr. Blue_Shirt @oscar13 @khalyan @SickLove @Chemical X. @World Eater @Johnny Jacobs @Santhosh @Sanguine @Green @Heart.me @itsjem @99sandthe2000s @PrinceMichaelFan @Wyvern @Ash12345 @DAP @Lorde Von Vok @vlayonce @cognitus. @witness1.3 @ppp @clue @Enigmanotta @Bindi @Frozen99 @Daylight @Supervillain @littlepotter @sivencoin @justin464 @Michael196 @WildOne @DevonRoars @Thinking Of You @Great Username @SimpleKindofLife @Icarus @Vroom Vroom @simmnfierzig @Ms. Togekiss @Klein @fridayteenage @WeFoundTrouble @Ace Reject @Kod [ V ] @Ohyes @unison stan @Cry @dangerousbutera @aotearoa @Pussy Destroyer @On The Bound @Mercurio @Curiosity @Lazuli @Indie Go Mind @Reverie @andresg770 @Crashed @NewStanner @Fastlane @Stanna Kendrick @syrus @Schami66 @Truth Teller @brokee @Supervixen @wish @Jormungand @FinleyGates @roso @Luckitty @Zeferino @DesiredConsternation @beagle @Fnooky @Miichael @Pink Whitney @slw84 @Hurem @JoeAg @justlore @DUA LIPA @Idleworship @kandicha @Galactic @certified lover boy @V3$$3L.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• BlackoutZone

• Insanity

• Not Like The Movies

• ATRL Moderator
Spoiler

@Mr. Loco @waterslide @Staryu @SadGirl @cityfolk @Monky_2405 @gagacasanova @badgirlriri @pxxxtrick @DoctorIce @Mark Rih @abrahamjmr @Legend E @305 @Golden Hour @Valtersen @GreatestLoveofAll @BlackoutZone @Fnooky @99sandthe2000s @spider-pig @clue @Pink Matter @Slayn @Kiss It Better @beatinglikeadrum @Zayn Malik @artc0cx @Ken Lee @okbyefornow @winebaldo @ikiru @Dark Miracles @PiecesOfYou @MAXIMO @Fetish for MiMi @Bad Wolf @Ewan Chaos @alfonso12 @TROPICUM @Kod [ V ] @dangerousbutera @Madame X @TRF. @bluebirdsforever @Mercurio @Born to Run @itsjem @Chemical X. @Achilles. @Wonderland @theblackestday @DatChickDoe @rl231 @Green @Indie Go Mind @jpow @Not Like The Movies @Pink Whitney @Janet @smgupdated @touya kinomoto @creativity. @Thinking Of You @World Eater @Truth Teller @Moonlightbae @TayDine1989 @Tinashegrande6 @gotportugal @Miss Show Business @Great Username @Mr. Blue_Shirt @onapearl @aesthetic bih @Bethenny Frankel @minho @Ace Reject @V3$$3L. @Insanity @Temporal @Daylight @wehavetostan @Feanor @Black Lives Matter @inshadesofcool @IStanHard @Kyungsoowift @castle13 @peterstyles13 @JesusORGod @Icarus @Artistofthedecade @KOMHStan13 @Zaynsus @MileyCyrusStan @Bindi @Juanny @Enigmanotta @Oktober Knight @imsorare @allforyou @bad guy @despy @Bloodflowers. @Post Malone @Terylee @Brando @dooart @Nexto @iamanearthling @mokitsu @19SLAYty9 @ManDown @Popboi. @Space Cowboy @CovalentBondage @Catch22 @Headlock @Jake Frank @raven @mcohen @State of Grace. @Ms. Togekiss @Blackthorn @Hurem @OldSoul @josesuxx @Prison @Ivan_brit @evtimow @STONE @stonegroove @Sanguine @rooby.booby @Forevermore @Almost Home @RihannaLoverrr @5hfangurl @dirrtyER @One Rude Boy @Miss Americana @superben @reputation1989 @bestfiction @Heart.me @NausAllien @sivencoin @Near @By the Water @PrinceMichaelFan @diogozsz @Cantique @kateyoc @feuxtography @MP2K @TaylorFantasy @Ash12345 @byzantium

The ATRL Grammys are back! Don't miss this year's awards.

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, drmkng said:

Where's best kpop? SHINee should win some ATRL awards

This is the ATRL Grammys, not the ATRL VMAs, so there's no category like that.

Let's go WILLOW - t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l :WAP: SOTY, ROTY and lately i feel EVERYTHING for AOTY :clap3:

Does Beggin' by Måneskin count since it was released in 2017 or should I add (Live) next for it to count? :eli:

“Same procedures” means the general field is decided by straight vote rather than committee?

Can we clarify album genre classification for evermore, Montero, star-crossed, If I Can’t Have Love, Planet Her, and whatever Lana’s album were called? Are we putting them all in pop?

nnn i'm seeing an evermore win already with the obsessive campaigning of her fanbase...

anyhow, i am really out of touch with the music of the last eligibility period so im'ma sit out the longlisting. i'll join when we have the shortlist.

Loving the graphics! I’ll definitely participate again this year. The tables have turned, I stan Dua again so I won’t be dragging, but fully supporting her ROTY & SOTY sweep! 

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

“Same procedures” means the general field is decided by straight vote rather than committee?

Unless there's some strong argument to keep the blue ribbon panels, that seems like the way to go.

7 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Can we clarify album genre classification for evermore, Montero, star-crossed, If I Can’t Have Love, Planet Her, and whatever Lana’s album were called? Are we putting them all in pop?

This list of submissions may be helpful.

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, touya kinomoto said:

nnn i'm seeing an evermore win already with the obsessive campaigning of her fanbase...

Who is stopping Ms. Swift this year? Quote me with your FYCs.

• ATRL Moderator
10 minutes ago, Mercurio said:

Loving the graphics! I’ll definitely participate again this year. The tables have turned, I stan Dua again so I won’t be dragging, but fully supporting her ROTY & SOTY sweep! 

With what song?

EDIT: I'm lying. "Levitating" was not nominated last year!

9 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Does Beggin' by Måneskin count since it was released in 2017 or should I add (Live) next for it to count? :eli:

Only if there was a live version properly released during this period