HDD: Shakira's Laundry Service at 18M units worldwide

Hector

Laundry Service was the Colombian’s first album in English and was certified 4x platinum in the U.S. and went on to sell 18m copies worldwide. “It was a golden era for me,” she says in a new video:

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=329170&title=SHAKIRA%E2%80%99S-LAUNDRY-SERVICE-TURNS-20

What a timeless MPG era :jonny5:

The first musician I was obsessed with. I remember falling in love with her artistry the second I watched Whenever, Wherever. <3

So many good memories. 

I was 14 when "Suerte" came out and i was blown away, i was obsessed, i was already her stan (HARD STAN) since her breakthrough in 1995 with Pies Descalzos and after they slayage of her first 2 albums and the MTV unolugged, i had huge expectations on her, and she delivered in a big way, my teenage gay ass was so happy, i still remember when the album was released and the day i went to the mall with my dad to buy it, i memorize every song in a week, i think is one of the most iconic musical moments in my life as a Shakira stan.

They need to update the Laundry Service RIAA certification

The last certification was 3x Platinum in 2002  :rip: 

This album was life-changing for me… I didn’t hear it until 2006 when I went back and listened to it after “Hips Don’t Lie” because I grew up with super religious parents who didn’t listen to music, but I instantly became a stan due to “Whenever, Wherever” and my appreciation of her and her artistry and her talent has only grown more and more each year. Also looking back at it now I was in denial that I was a bisexual woman mostly into women at the time but I was definitely sooo in love with her hehe. gonna have this on repeat today.

a lot of ppl where im from dont really check for her (Asia) but damn if we won't acknowledge if she's a musical legend :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Glamthony said:

I was 14 when "Suerte" came out and i was blown away, i was obsessed, i was already her stan (HARD STAN) since her breakthrough in 1995 with Pies Descalzos and after they slayage of her first 2 albums and the MTV unolugged, i had huge expectations on her, and she delivered in a big way, my teenage gay ass was so happy, i still remember when the album was released and the day i went to the mall with my dad to buy it, i memorize every song in a week, i think is one of the most iconic musical moments in my life as a Shakira stan.

are you 40?

55 minutes ago, kandicha said:

This album was life-changing for me… I didn’t hear it until 2006 when I went back and listened to it after “Hips Don’t Lie” because I grew up with super religious parents who didn’t listen to music, but I instantly became a stan due to “Whenever, Wherever” and my appreciation of her and her artistry and her talent has only grown more and more each year. Also looking back at it now I was in denial that I was a bisexual woman mostly into women at the time but I was definitely sooo in love with her hehe. gonna have this on repeat today.

:heart:

iconic album :clap3:

Legendary era, that was so massive, can't even describe.

I literally got a beating for dancing in the rain to Whenever, Wherever when I was 12 in the middle of bum**** Tennessee. Shakira reached me there. Music is incredible!

It's crazy how MASSIVE this era was, it was among the 10 biggest albums of 2002 in the USA and to think that was its weakest market is crazy

The best selling female album of Europe in 2002, massive in Latin America, and "Whenever Wherever" smashing like no tomorrow in every country - so insane

Shakira, the first popgirl I truly stanned along with Rih <3 

whenever wherever, such a classic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.