Dolly "I Will Always Love You" certified platinum in US

Renan90

The way she wrote a beautiful classic that'll keep her rich for decades :clap3:

The way Whitney Houston’s version became the second best selling physical single of all time, at 21M units WW and is nearing Diamond (9x platinum eligible) in SPS in the U.S. 

:deadvision:

Truly a eternal classic.

whitney's was selling million per week after weeks of release .. funny to see this being platinum centuries later 

2 minutes ago, dreampop said:

whitney's was selling million per week after weeks of release .. funny to see this being platinum centuries later 

Dolly earned a lot more money out of Whitney's version than Whitney herself anyway so Dolly always wins in the end :jonny6:

3 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Dolly earned a lot more money out of Whitney's version than Whitney herself anyway so Dolly always wins in the end :jonny6:

the definition of playing your cards right!

Every hits arrangement I’ve ever purchased from her has always had the song. 

For decades you just bought an album when you wanted a song. 

The song was also a flop at first after she released it. It wasn’t until The Best Little *****house in Texas came along her version grew in popularity. 

It is a slow burning platinum but worth it 

1 hour ago, DatChickDoe said:

Every hits arrangement I’ve ever purchased from her has always had the song. 

For decades you just bought an album when you wanted a song. 

The song was also a flop at first after she released it. It wasn’t until The Best Little *****house in Texas came along her version grew in popularity. 

It is a slow burning platinum but worth it 

It wasn’t a flop when she first released it. The 1973 and 1982 versions both went to number one on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.

Anyway, congrats to my queen on another certification!

For a detailed list of Dolly’s worldwide certifications you can check out this page on my website: 

https://www.dollydiscography.com/certifications.html

18 minutes ago, benjichilders said:

It wasn’t a flop when she first released it. The 1973 and 1982 versions both went to number one on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.

Anyway, congrats to my queen on another certification!

For a detailed list of Dolly’s worldwide certifications you can check out this page on my website: 

https://www.dollydiscography.com/certifications.html

I stand corrected.  :heart:

2 minutes ago, DatChickDoe said:

I stand corrected.  :heart:

I wish RCA would have Dolly's catalog audited and have her certifications updated. I'm sure many of her older albums that never received certification are eligible for at least a Gold cert by now. Her certifications numbers are far too low. :'( 

Just now, benjichilders said:

I wish RCA would have Dolly's catalog audited and have her certifications updated. I'm sure many of her older albums that never received certification are eligible for at least a Gold cert by now. Her certifications numbers are far too low. :'( 

I agree with you. It would be worth investigating. I would imagine we would see her having a string of platinum albums listed like Reba had in the 80s and 90s. 

Everyone i knew growing up listened to her music. 

7 hours ago, dreampop said:

Ch- :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.