Kelly Clarkson "Meaning Of Life" certified Gold in US

Renan90

Not it getting a cert before All I Ever Wanted :rip:

why do they refuse to get that certified ndjlfn;sdjk;l

20 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

RCA was too lazy to certify during that time. 

They could go back and certify it though, it makes no sense to me that RCA got both Stronger and Wrapped in Red certified Platinum but they just... skipped over AIEW?

9 hours ago, Temporal said:

They could go back and certify it though, it makes no sense to me that RCA got both Stronger and Wrapped in Red certified Platinum but they just... skipped over AIEW?

Don’t think they even certified MD?

19 hours ago, Rv1709 said:

Don’t think they even certified MD?

No RCA did certify it, but My December didn't sell (or Soundscan) 1M copies, it was certified thanks to a surplus of shipments. AIEW is over 1M on Soundscan, so there's really no reason it should still be uncertified in theory... I know labels have to pay a few hundred bucks to certify an album with the RIAA but it makes no sense to skip this one album if it was actually an issue of money.

On 10/31/2021 at 5:11 AM, Temporal said:

I used to have connections with Sony Music before and I heard that Clive Davis personally (but in a cloak-and-dagger shadowy way) had the final approval for the A&R on All I Ever Wanted. Back then, he coerced Barry Weiss (then-CEO of RCA at the time) to bully Kelly into making the album that he originally wanted to follow-up Breakaway, like re-recording Katy Perry demos, working with Dr. Luke and Ryan Tedder, etc., basically what was deemed as hitmakers at the time.

The main reason why All I Ever Wanted was never certified was because both sides became resentful of that record. Kelly hated it, then Sony later on hated it too because of the P&R nightmares it caused them. So there's probably still an embargo that was issued on promoting it in late 2009.

Kelly's team may still apply for an RIAA cert, though, for All I Ever Wanted, in a personal capacity as an artist. But AFAIK Sony wouldn't even touch it.

48 minutes ago, plumbartist said:

I used to have connections with Sony Music before and I heard that Clive Davis personally (but in a cloak-and-dagger shadowy way) had the final approval for the A&R on All I Ever Wanted. Back then, he coerced Barry Weiss (then-CEO of RCA at the time) to bully Kelly into making the album that he originally wanted to follow-up Breakaway, like re-recording Katy Perry demos, working with Dr. Luke and Ryan Tedder, etc., basically what was deemed as hitmakers at the time.

The main reason why All I Ever Wanted was never certified was because both sides became resentful of that record. Kelly hated it, then Sony later on hated it too because of the P&R nightmares it caused them. So there's probably still an embargo that was issued on promoting it in late 2009.

Kelly's team may still apply for an RIAA cert, though, for All I Ever Wanted, in a personal capacity as an artist. But AFAIK Sony wouldn't even touch it.

This makes a lot sense actually, I believe it :cupid: I don't know a lot about RIAA certifications, but if Kelly's team could apply themselves I'm surprised that they haven't, but it could be a pride thing for Kelly like her MLWSWY writing credit (and she's under-certified as hell in general unfortunately). 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.