Ashanti's Foolish certified 2x Platinum in the US

Hector

ASHANTI
Title:FOOLISH
Certification Date: October 13, 2021
Label: DEF JAM
Format:SINGLE
Gold, 1xP, 2xP

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&se=Ashanti#search_section

A 2002 smash :clap3: 

This is fantastic. :clap3:

The song was never released as a CD single, and 80-90% of Hot 100 #1 hits circa. 2001-2004/2005 were entirely airplay driven (unless they were released physically which only contributed a very small amount of points or they were charity/award show winners songs).

An R&B classic. :heart2:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

a classic :clap3:

if you grew up with a single mom in the early 2000s, this song stayed ON :dies:

Songwriting :gaycat2:

Singing :gaycat2:

I forgot how good the video is. It's like a mini movie.

ACTING :clap3:

A classic :clap3:

Edited by Immaculate

Yas girl. Even more impressive, since essentially all of those points came from residuals. A true classic.

HospitableFamiliarAkitainu-size_restrict

3 hours ago, EnoughSaid said:

All the songs from the pre digital era are extremely under certified 

It depends on the song.

The best selling song of 2000 was Madonna’s “Music” which sold 1.2M units, and it still remains the best selling CD single of the 21st century thus far in the U.S.

The best selling song of 2001 was Mariah Carey’s “Loverboy” which sold 571K units followed by Janet Jackson’s “All For You” which sold 545K units. 

In 2002/2003/2004, the best selling songs, the top two best selling songs in fact, were all American Idol singles. 

•2002 - Kelly Clarkson: 800K

•2003 - Clay Aiken: 960K

•2004: Fantasia: 490K

Most singles that topped the Hot 100 between 2001-2004 were never released as CD singles and if they were then there shipments were extremely limited. The only songs that were released physically, for the most part, were by non-Urban (Pop/Rock) artists who obviously wouldn’t receive the dominant airplay that Urban/Rhythmic radio provided at the time ie. Pink, Christina Aguilera, Avril Lavigne, No Doubt, Evanescence, Maroon 5 and so on this it helped them chart higher. 

Beyoncé, Usher, J.Lo, Nelly etc. released a few CD singles but it didn’t matter as they usually received maximum airplay on Pop/Rhythmic/Urban/Urban AC anyway. 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

An absolute CLASSIC, her debut was absolutely insane - a 500k+ debut and 10 week #1 and blocking g herself at #2 with What's Luv because Foolish was too massive :deadbanana: The closer hits so hard 

Baby why you hurt me?

Leave me and desert me

Boy I gave you all my heart

And all you do is tear it up

Looking out my window

Knowing that I should go

Even when I pack my bags see something always holds me back...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.