Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks baegels :heart:

thanks baegels <3

4 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Hazy Winner

Exactly, you get it

Qhb3qvm.png

Spoiler

Aaliyah - U Got Nerve

I can feel the anger from Aaliyah, the production and lyrics feel have a very pointed tone.

The song itself isn't one I'm too familiar with but it's cute. 

Billie Eilish - bury a friend 

I always felt this song was demonic, so excellent choice :jonny: I'm sure this was an easy round for you but I think you picked the best option

the production is dark and a bit chaotic, demon monkey scream noises really add to the vibe. 

Charli XCX - Good Ones

I could see this playing in a Vampire Diaries/Riverdale commercial/fancam, the production does have a dark edginess to it,

and I personally love the song, so it works for the theme for me. 

Chloe x Halle - Hazy

I feel like this song does have a spooky quality to it, even the vocals in the background moaning could be interpreted as ghosts :katie: 

The lyrics kind of a deranged quality, all the asking for bites is giving vampire, I think this works for the theme for me. 

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again

An unexpected choice but your explanation and the lyrics sell it for me. I do get the anger from Demi (an emotion I feel she gives a lot tbh :eli:)

Also, this is one of my favorite Demi songs :jamming: 

Ellie Goulding - My Blood

I love Ellie's hauntingly beautiful songs like this, the production here is top tier for her :jonny: 

the lyrics are very fitting for the round as well, my bones will bleach, my flesh will flee :celestial:

f(x) - Red Light

The production does give chaotic and red is an angry color, I really like the production on this one, it sells the theme for me. 

It's a bit of a bop too, overall a great choice for the round. :spin:

Ginger Root - Rikki

This is giving me mellow elevator music sis, I know you're reaching for the sky in your interpretation, but it's just not giving that to me.

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Mars for the Rich

The vocals are giving me Rob Zombie teas, he would fit the round perfectly, so this ofc fits the round perfectly too for me.

I love the production :jamming: I grew up with str8s that loved this kind of music so it has a bit of a nostalgic sound for me :rip: 

Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence

I get the anguish and the song itself is dark and dreary (I feel like a lot of her songs fall into dreary for me)

but this is nice and fits the theme well. 

LOONA - So What

I get the chaotic production, but I'm not really getting that much Hellish anger/anguish. It kind of feels a bit peppy to me, like a cheerleader routine.

The song itself is a fun bop though.

Miley Cyrus - WTF Do I Know

This song definitely has the anger and it's probably one of my faves from Miley. I think it's a good choice for the round. 

Mylène Farmer - Chloé

This song is giving me possessed child demon, it's a bit unnerving, so.. great choice!

I probably wouldn't listen to this song again unless it's on a Halloween playlist :skull:  

Red Velvet - Monster

Please the genius write-up, smart :eli: The song fits lyrically and sonically for me,

"I'm a little monster" even makes me think of Gaga, so it adds to the scares. 

serpentwithfeet - wrong tree

Organs are scary because they make me think of church + the religious theme of the song, scurry ****.

I don't love the song overall, definitely not my favorite of the round but at least it works for the theme. 

Shakira - Don't Bother

The lyrics are a kii but she does give off anger and the production has some dark moments, probably one of your best Hell-ish options for Shakira,

I don't know her discography that well tho, so who knows. She does sound like a banshee at points in this song too. 

Shania Twain - Ka-Ching!

Down with capitalism and materialism! Shania is passionately angry against consumerism and Americans insatiable appetite for more and more.

Greed is a deadly sin, so in a way this song is about Hell too. 

thanks starcute :heart:

13 minutes ago, Staryu said:

Ginger Root - Rikki

This is giving me mellow elevator music sis, I know you're reaching for the sky in your interpretation, but it's just not giving that to me.

That's the actual definition of his music from his words. :gaycat6:

On 10/17/2021 at 12:53 PM, Jay-Zicario said:

Editing films and videos by day and making music under the name Ginger Root by night, Cameron Lew delivers what he describes as "aggressive elevator soul"

And yeah not matter what I send I would have done a lot of reaching. :chick1:

2 hours ago, Jay-Zicario said:

My only other options were these

Hide contents

This one only has the sound from the first minute. The rest of it doesn’t fit the round. (except maybe the "are you dead my friend?" lyric part) 

Only some part of the production

And this one the lyrics that could have been interpreted as "anguish" 

Spoiler

Maybe I should have send the Slump put with this explaining:

What does it mean when a person is in a slump?

Slump: A period of decline or deterioration, during which a person performs slowly, inefficiently, or ineffectively. Recently, I slipped into a slump. If you've been in a slump before, you'll know how disempowering it feels. It feels like you are stuck and can't get anything done.

Qhb3qvm.png

Part 2

Spoiler

SHINee - Orgel
Yes, I agree, organs are horrific. This is an interesting choice for me, the production is kind of light but also giving me foreboding. 
I like it overall, a cute song. 

St. Vincent - Krokodil
This production does sound violently angry, it's like a demon has possessed her on this song,

this definitely isn't for ME sonically, but it really works well for the theme.

Sufjan Stevens - Vesuvius
I wondered if Sufjan had any Hell-ish sounds when the theme was posted, but I think this works well, especially with your explanation, you sold it to me. 

Taylor Swift - I Did Something Bad
This isn't one of my favorite Taylor songs but I feel like this works for the theme, idk what bad thing she did but she did something bad.

I like the bridge or whatever about burning witches, it really fits into the theme. 

Tinashe - Cold Sweat
I loved your explanation, the song also speaks for itself, it makes me feel bad for Tinsahe,

we know she hasn't been treated the best by the industry she's in.   

Tove Lo - Don't Talk About It
I've actually never heard this Tove song but I really liked it. The production is nice, it has an edge to it, some darkness vibes.

It's an interesting approach for the theme lyrically, but it works for me. 

Troye Sivan - DKLA
Sonically it fits the theme very well for me. I can't picture Troye having too many angry/Hellish songs, so I think you did the best you could. 

Whitney Houston - My Name Is Not Susan
Whitney let the world KNOW, she is NOT Susan, and we can feel her passion and anger. 

I hope the disgusting pig she's singing about got what was coming to him. 

Zara Larsson - Right Here
This song is really cute but it's just not giving me too much anger, I am getting some frustration I guess.

Zara just has a cutesy voice, it's hard to take her seriously. 

wow judges madonna @Staryu doing such an amazing job :heart2: thank you my love

• ATRL Moderator

appreciate the crits~

32 minutes ago, Staryu said:

Zara Larsson - Right Here
This song is really cute but it's just not giving me too much anger, I am getting some frustration I guess.

frustration is a common emotional response to opposition, related to anger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frustration

:celestial5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.