Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

The Wi-Fi and my mobile Data (Entel Services) both are currently gone. The storm provoked something in the signal of Entel and it's not working. 

I have to go with my last resource using the phone of someone else with different mobile service (Viva) and use the Access Point Wi-Fi function so my can have access to internet. 

Sending in a Minute or two. I already have my explaining saved just to copy and paste. :gaycat6:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

Ended sending that mostly instrumental song. 

Sorry for the Grammar in my explaining if it can't be understood at parts. :chick1:

Edited by Jay-Zicario

1 hour ago, Jay-Zicario said:

The Wi-Fi and my mobile Data (Entel Services) both are currently gone. The storm provoked something in the signal of Entel and it's not working. 

omg the hell theme cursed you :!ohno:

Fcq76Gl.png

ADVANTAGES

as i've mentioned that the winner of each round will get some advantage...

this season, we only have TWO (2) advantages and it will be randomized to give out to each winner until the top 10

no one, except me and the winner, will know what the winner receives until the results -- yes the judges won't know as well!

because the diversity 4 team likes to keep things as fair as possible :heart2:

anyways, the two advantages in the season are

1. +1 from your next round average

2. -1 from any artists of your choice's next round average (MUST PICK BEFORE THE ENTRIES ARE POSTED)

the winner of the audition round, sanguine, already knew what power he got

what is it? we'll know in the results hehe!!!

hope yall have fun x

Fcq76Gl.png

ROUND 1 (to hell with it)

ENTRIES

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Aaliyah - U Got Nerve

Billie Eilish - bury a friend

Spoiler

Just to quickly address the elephant in the room: I realize there was seemingly a more obvious choice here since Billie literally has a song with "hell" in the title, but I think Bury A Friend fits the overall round description way better. Although ATGGGTH refers to hell and the devil, its production is upbeat and its lyrics are sassy and almost fun in an ironic way. Meanwhile, Bury A Friend really hits key parts of the round description - the lyrics are dark and disturbing, and the production is the perfect combination of containing chaotic, jarring elements while overall creating an eerie and spooky mood.

Charli XCX - Good Ones

Spoiler

On "Good Ones", Charli is embracing darkness and she's actually celebrating the disastrous qualities of this particular relationship she's singing about. The production itself is very dark, too. I can envision the song being played in a True Blood commercial!

Chloe x Halle - Hazy

Spoiler

This song reminds me of the Femme Fatale. A really enchanting, dark and mysterious woman (we stan). It’s really haunting, thrilling and hypnotic. An undeniable sinister masterpiece. We have no choice but to stan.

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again

Spoiler

While Demi has a lot of dark songs about addiction, I decided to go a different route for this round, and do a song that represents teenage anger, anguish, and angst, since I already covered addiction the last round.

Sonically speaking, the pop-rock production of the track lends itself well to the genre of disgruntled teen bops, as do Demi's intense vocals that begin after the 30 second mark and continue for most of the remainder of the track.

Demi's anger towards their on-again off-again lover is also demonstrated in their lyrics when they say things like:

"I throw all of your stuff away

Then I clear you out of my head

I tear you out of my heart

And ignore all your messages"

and

"You only hear half of what I say

And you're always showing up too late"

Beyond that, Demi also seems to be angry/frustrated with themselves for being caught in this toxic loop, and notes that the cyclical nature of the relationship causes them anguish as seen below:

"I tell everyone we are through

'Cause I'm so much better without you

But it's just another pretty lie

Cause I break down

Every time you come around"

"You never know what you want

And you never say what you mean

But I start to go insane

Every time that you look at me"

"I swore that I'd never let you back in

Should have known better

Than trying to let you go

'Cause here we go go go again

Hard as I try I know I can't quit

Something about you

Is so addictive

We're falling together

You'd think that by now I'd know

'Cause here we go go go again"

In summation, based on the pop-rock production style, intense vocal delivery, and clear lyrical content, this song fits the brief for a song about anger and anguish, all while being told from a teenage perspective.

Ellie Goulding - My Blood

Spoiler

right off the bat, i'm starting with her best song. it's not only dark in terms of production but also lyrically.

f(x) - Red Light

Spoiler

Easily f(x)'s most angry and chaotic song, Red Light is intense with purpose. Lyrically it plays into themes of counterculture, rebellion, and rage. The song's production is its key highlight, with intensely dark elements and an overall sense of tension, like something bad is about to happen. I recommend watching the video to really embrace the aesthetics and sonic soundscape they were going for if you can!

Ginger Root - Rikki

Spoiler

Slasher Cliche

This is my concept for the song:

In the beginning you hear a bunch of people from High School in activities in the typical camping excursion what they don't know is: They are being observed by a serial killer called Rikki that will make there last hours alive a living hell.

When Rikki starts to hunt his victims this song is the soundtrack that sounds.

I got inspired by those AMV about killers that people do with songs like Pumped Up Kicks and Pycho Killers

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Mars for the Rich

Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence

Spoiler

I wanted to pick song inspired by "anguish" and darkness. Ultraviolence is a song about a dark, intense, toxic relationship that results in anguish. The lyrics suggest a physically and emotionally abusive relationship. The production of the song is also very eerie, dark, gloomy, and spooky to further portray the emotional and lyrical content.

LOONA - So What

Spoiler

While loona continuously express rage and anger through their words, the melody expresses chaos and hell!

Miley Cyrus - WTF Do I Know

Mylène Farmer - Chloé

Spoiler

Chloé is one of Mylène's very first songs. Lyrically it deals with a death of the protagonist's sister, who has drowned. The song sounds like a nursery rhyme and Mylène sings in a high tone, sounding like a little girl, which gives the song an extra level of creepiness.

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs in the audition for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

judges will have 36 hours (1pm ET on wednesday 20th) to judge your entries!!

Fcq76Gl.png

ROUND 1 (to hell with it)

ENTRIES

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Red Velvet - Monster

Spoiler

https://genius.com/Genius-english-translations-red-velvet-irene-and-seulgi-monster-english-translation-lyrics

"Monster" is a conceptually dark song tailor-made for the horror month. There's familiar base elements like the piano and creepy baby giggles that are corrupted by heavy, pulsating synths - perfectly paralleling the story of the girls being a demon hiding under someone's bed and terrorizing their dreams at night. Their delivery is menacing and seductive; they're warning you they're a monster but you can't help being drawn in to their twisted fantasy.

serpentwithfeet - wrong tree

Spoiler

On a surface level, wrong tree is a song about betrayal and heartbreak, learning to deal with the love you once thought was pure as something tainted. To me, it has obvious juxtaposition to the the biblical story of Adam and Eve, and the serpent tricking Eve into eating an apple from the "wrong tree." However, I think this song expands on that story. In the Bible, Eve is painted out as a naive traitor, while in this song, the "Eve" figure is past the point of ignorance and has pulled themself into acceptance. Acceptance of the decisions that were made and the parts others played with it, along with the acceptance of the consequence, pain. In a biblical sense, hell of course, here, emotional turmoil. This song encapsulates the "hell" theme for me. It's not about being there, or doing something to get there, it's the acceptance of your decisions, of your pain, of your fate.

Shakira - Don't Bother

Spoiler

This song is pure anger, bitterness and resentment. It also features what I consider to be haunting and eerie background vocals from Shakira throughout the second verse.

Shania Twain - Ka-Ching!

Spoiler

"Ka-Ching!" presents hell in the form of an ultra-capitalist society, and in this hell we have no choice but to play the game. Constantly engulfed in the fear and shame of not having enough money to buy all the things to keep up with everyone else, we derive our self-worth from what we have and not who we are. We believe that having more will only increase our happiness.The orchestral strings begin as a foreboding warning in the verses and explode in the chorus as the endless cycle of binge-shopping and money problems persists. The bridge is most threatening as the need to spend continues even when the money is gone. The final chorus shows that the cycle never stops, ending with relentless cash register sounds and a grim crash, signifying the only escape: bankruptcy or death.

SHINee - Orgel

Spoiler

Orgel means both "organ" (instrument) and "music box" in German. These two things are motifs in horror cinema and that makes me interpret them as something able to induce fear, uneasiness and mystery. Adding that to the simple yet effective instrumental, unsettling lyrics ("I’ve entered into a forest that I can’t escape / I don’t care if I sink here and die" or "Twinkle twinkle, the tears / On your eyes make me smile") and enchanting vocal melodies, I'm certain "Orgel" is the perfect preface for a sleepless, haunted night.

St. Vincent - Krokodil

Spoiler

I chose this because of the noisy, chaotic production and the aggressive nature of the lyrics

Sufjan Stevens - Vesuvius

Spoiler

Vesuvius uses volcanism as a metaphor for torturous insecurity, self-doubt, and anxiety. Mount Vesuvius is known for one of the most catastrophic volcanic eruptions of all time in 79 AD where it ejected molten rock, pulverized pumice, and hot ash at 1.5 million tons per second. Hell is often described as a lake of unquenchable fire and eternal darkness that houses the weeping and wailing souls of the damned. Vesuvius’s eruption has been described as “Hell on Earth” because of the seemingly endless lava and fire + volcanic ash that would’ve made it nearly impossible to see anything.

Taylor Swift - I Did Something Bad

Tinashe - Cold Sweat

Spoiler

Highlights how dark, opportunist, and anxiety-producing the music industry can truly be. It's not all hugs and kisses in her world and can be hell for others.

Tove Lo - Don't Talk About It

Spoiler

well the song is basically about supressing your emotions through hedonism. sonically, the song itself has a dark vibe that gets more chaotic as it progresses when the production becomes heavier. it reflects the lyrical content by trying to drown the sad lyricism with an overpowering instrumental

Troye Sivan - DKLA

Spoiler

I feel like this song is probably his darkest sounding song ever, it has such a gloomy, heavy production that gives the song a very dark feeling overall, and the lyrics are pretty dark too because you can kinda feel the frustration in them, in a way it's a very negative and pessimist song towards himself

Whitney Houston - My Name Is Not Susan

Spoiler

In this song, Whitney is DRAGGING the FILTHY man, seeing another woman and bringing the RECEIPTS of how trash he is. She's basically telling him to gtfo because of this Susan woman, telling him to go to HELL because of this ugly ass Susan bitch. The production is also giving very 80s Halloween vibes that you would play at a party, we love to see it. **** Susan!!!

Zara Larsson - Right Here

Spoiler

She said I’M RIGHT HERE. It’s basically about being angry about someone who doesn’t give you any love or attention no matter what you do.

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs in the audition for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

Fcq76Gl.png

for judges' critiques list

Aaliyah - U Got Nerve

Billie Eilish - bury a friend

Charli XCX - Good Ones

Chloe x Halle - Hazy

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again

Ellie Goulding - My Blood

f(x) - Red Light

Ginger Root - Rikki

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Mars for the Rich

Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence

LOONA - So What

Miley Cyrus - WTF Do I Know

Mylène Farmer - Chloé

Red Velvet - Monster

serpentwithfeet - wrong tree

Shakira - Don't Bother

Shania Twain - Ka-Ching!

SHINee - Orgel

St. Vincent - Krokodil

Sufjan Stevens - Vesuvius

Taylor Swift - I Did Something Bad

Tinashe - Cold Sweat

Tove Lo - Don't Talk About It

Troye Sivan - DKLA

Whitney Houston - My Name Is Not Susan

Zara Larsson - Right Here

sorry for pinging people who didn't get in! i used the old taglist.. won't happen again!

17 minutes ago, Rence said:

There will be no further explanation, there will just be reputation.

Period

1 hour ago, thecptz said:

In this song, Whitney is DRAGGING the FILTHY man, seeing another woman and bringing the RECEIPTS of how trash he is. She's basically telling him to gtfo because of this Susan woman, telling him to go to HELL because of this ugly ass Susan bitch. The production is also giving very 80s Halloween vibes that you would play at a party, we love to see it. **** Susan!!!

screaming @PinkBoxsnapped :ahh: 

GwGkVeR.png?width=360&height=450

@thecptz you're a flop for not having the good tag list.. you're kinda over sis :sorry:

if you're still tagged and you're already owt, I'm sorree, I tried to remove the elim'd contestants

Spoiler

Aaliyah - interesting to not do a write-up. It's not obligated, but seeing as how the overwhelming majority did it, it might work against you! Either way this is a fine fit. For an artist like Aaliyah I mostly associate her with more lowkey music, so it's interesting to see her be mad at someone in this song with more engaging instrumental than she usually has. Not necessarily my favorite song or fit, but it's good enough. I wish there was more grit to it

Billie Eilish - You are absolutely right in choosing this song over ATGGTH, much of those lyrics are about the devil's perspective of climate change, but it's indeed much lighter on the ears sonically than this. I've always loved the clear Yeezus inspiration with the sparse electronic beats, with dark lyrics. It's a great fit, although I guess that's to be expected with Billie, this round is right up her alley

Charli XCX - Love how much this song is very much critiquing herself, the realization of her own destructive behavior and choices is a good fit for this round. Idk if your write-up really fits with my interpretation of the song but it's a decent fit anyways, and above all a great song

Chloe x Halle - the instrumental undoubtedly fits this round, but I feel like that's where it ends. Much of this song is a well-written song about sex but doesn't necessarily have the same grit that some of the darker songs have. It's a great song though

Demi Lovato - damn ma the write up, you didn't want it to leave chance huh? I admire the choice to not go with the same approach as last round. I wasn't sure how good of a fit this is, but your write-up didn't leave anything to chance. Think you had a lot to choose from and to go a more teenage angst round is interesting for sure. It's not my fav song but it'll do

Ellie Goulding - not to be rude, considering a write-up is merely a bonus if anything, but if you want to add a write-up you need to elaborate more than just saying the most general parts are dark. You're lucky cause this song doesn't really need a write-up either. It's fantastic, I love the lyrics directed at god dispersed with choir like and divine like sounds dispersed throughout the song, along with devastatingly dark lyrics about feeling empty and damaged. 

f(x) - when this started I thought my spotify premium had run out and I was getting an ad jsjsjs :skull:   the production on this evolves to be something incredibly chaotic with clear hip-hop inspirations mixed with dance music, and that alones already makes a decent fit. The lyrics to this are amazing and I love how just the term red light feels like a warning they mention throughout the song. Very nice

Ginger Root - it's a beautiful instrumental. You tried very hard to sell it, but I fear this is the best you could make out of a bad situation. It sadly does not fit, and whilst I love the creative storytelling, I'm personally not seeing it. Maybe the other judges will tho!

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - this feels so diff than your round 1 entry sjsj. Where that one is dream-like, this one is like intentionally rough and gritty (in a good way). It's personally not really the type of music I like to listen to but I can hear it's not a bad song and I love the guitar work. The fit is clear, and a very real critique about capitalism and billionaires doing all these crazy space adventures. It's a great and unique fit with clear lyricism, that indeed doesn't need a write up to be sold. 

Lana Del Rey - Was a bit underwhelmed by your audition but I'm happy to see you avenge yourself here. This is, a perfect fit and I think the best you could've picked for Lana this round. The lyrics are much more devastating than most songs, if not all. And the gloomy, dreary nature of UV and its production also makes it a great fit sonically. Good job!

LOONA - personally think this is a rather.. awkward fit lyrically. I can see how it would sonically but this mix or hip-hop sounds mixed with dance music was already done this round by f(x), which felt more fitting to this round as well. So what you're left with is a decent song that doesn't really feel at place in this round

Miley Cyrus - it's.. an okay fit. I can see why you sent it in but I think there were better options, or you could've at least sold it yourself. The song is cute too but it's no winner

Mylène Farmer - this is terrifying in like the best way possible :rip: surprised Ryan Murphy didn't shove this song in a scene in AHS somewhere. And yeah when i looked up the lyrics I gasped, these are seriously dark lyrics. It's an absolutely perfect song and it's also incredibly unique. Amazing job

Red Velvet - I love how it uses so many horror elements in both lyrics and its sound, without ever feeling like a corny horror song. Also you're very smart to just go with the genius write-up sjsjsj

serpentwithfeet - amazing lyrics to this. It's a bit of an awkward sounding song, but it's a great fit for this round and def unique. 

Shakira And she's fat free (Fat free, fat free, fat free) what are these lyrics omg :deadbanana: in fact the lyrics throughout the song are so.. weird. I feel like you run into some of the same problems of your audition, with the fact that this is a nice, but not perfect, fit and that the song itself is.. not all that great. 

Shania Twain - oh this millionaire better ATTACK capitalism yup! I personally like this approach for the round, is there truly anything darker than inescapable systematic parts of our capitalist society.. I fear not! Not my fav song here but it has a nice 00s vibe to it without being too dated

SHINee - Nice fit and nice song! Also good write-up. Nice job

St. Vincent - we love a pitchfork best new track! back when they didn't call her a racist The song truly embodies noise rock from its sound to its lyrics. Lyrically there are better fits this round, but sonically this is up there with the best. It's also a great song

Sufjan Stevens - honestly the darkest thing about this is how he directly adresses himself and to act upon inhibitions, because after all the end is all the same; death. It's a spectacular fit for this round and you're kinda making me like this man after I found him to be overrated thus far in other games in the section. You're 2/2 for rounds :clap3: 

Taylor Swift - ehh. This is top 3 corniest Taylor songs, and she has a lot of those. I also feel like she had much better options to pick from, even from Reputation itself. Much of this doesn't delve nearly as deep as other taylor songs, and it's not nearly as dark besides like.. the title of the song. 

Tinashe - probably my favorite Tinashe song so you already have that. This also feels like one of the most genuine, and in turn devastating, songs about an industry one is in. Great job

Tove Lo - I can see how it fits, but it's not in any way the best fit of this round, though the surpressing emotions for hedonism is a cool unique approach for this round. Great song btw so there's that

Troye Sivan - tkay's addition to this totally makes this song. There's also better fits and songs this round but I think you did decent enough on both aspects to deserve to go through. It may not be spectacular, but it's def all there both sonically and lyrically. 

Whitney Houston - hate that you sold me on this :rip:  The anger in this song is def felt, and with the overwhelming majority going for more of a feeling of dread, it's nice to see an angry song pulled off pretty well 

Zara Larsson - not to be rude but this is kinda the worst song of the round jsjsjs, fit-wise you do a good job. The change from being loved to ignored is def there, and makes a good and interesting fit. 

4 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

@thecptz you're a flop for not having the good tag list.. you're kinda over sis :sorry:

if you're still tagged and you're already owt, I'm sorree, I tried to remove the elim'd contestants

the real top 26 tag list is in the advantages post :laugh:

1 minute ago, thecptz said:

the real top 26 tag list is in the advantages post :laugh:

so why you mess up after that.. you're so OVER sis...

bimlegend.thumb.gif.a2fb5af2334c464104bc

Spoiler

it's ok ily x

thanks judge rihanna @Navyofbadgals for another great critiques :heart2: u go girl

10 minutes ago, thecptz said:

thanks judge rihanna @Navyofbadgals for another great critiques :heart2: u go girl

Thanks girl ❤️?

My only other options were these

Spoiler

This one only has the sound from the first minute. The rest of it doesn’t fit the round. (except maybe the "are you dead my friend?" lyric part) 

Only some part of the production

And this one the lyrics that could have been interpreted as "anguish" 

Edited by Jay-Zicario
Typo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.