Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

Qjxdo8N.jpg

Re-do

Red Velvet - Milky Way (Round 12: genre benders)
I love that you went for a full-circle approach to redo this round. I think this song is definitely better than Naughty so this is a successful improvement to me. I just love the general good-feeling vibe of the song. 

Taylor Swift - august (Round 9: hidden gems)
I guess I can see the argument for the GP. At the very least I do like this song better than Holy Ground (not by that much though). I do see a case to be made that it does have that sort of sound that would allow it to be somewhat timeless. 

Tinashe - Bet (feat. Devonté Hynes) (Round 7: a helping hand)
It’s fair that you would want to redo this, it practically sticks out in your chart run. I’m not really big on this song like with The Worst in Me but it is a collab that works nicely regardless. Loved the solo in the end too. 

Live Performance

Red Velvet - Dumb Dumb
This was a very fun performance. As usual, their coordination is a serve and make me want to keep watching for more.

Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
It was entertaining for sure. As usual, she used stage production and effects to her advantage on top of the typical dancers. And she sounded good here too. 

Tinashe - Pretend/2 On Medley
This is a SHOW. I was already captivated with just her singing at the beginning so when she immediately started dancing it went all the way to 100 for me. This is easily the kind of performance I enjoy so, well done. 

Crowning

Red Velvet - Queendom
Amazingly smart choice. It really does sound like you are closing out their run in this game. Very enjoyable song that just makes me want to come back to it. 

Taylor Swift - All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)
I have no qualms against really long songs tbh so Taylor’s releasing a 10MV of what is my second favorite Red’s song was truly a gift. It’s kind of a masterpiece in her writing and worthy of being a crowning song for her IMO. 

Tinashe - Small Reminders
Love your reasoning for sending this song. I enjoy the switch-ups in the song, it keeps it a bit interesting throughout. Very nice choice. 

Congrats to y'all and good luck! 

@mokitsu@Rence@Tom Vercetti

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

OVERPROTECTED'S FINAL CRITIQUES

?????? ?????? - ??'? ???? ? on Twitter: "Tinashe shows  love to Mariah Carey. ❤️ Who wants a Tinashe X Mariah collab?  https://t.co/52jnMbfruJ" / Twitter

@Tom Vercetti

Spoiler

Tinashe - Bet (feat. Devonté Hynes) (Round 7: a helping hand) - One of my favorite songs from her, a discography highlight, that guitar solo whew. I’m glad you decided to redo this round in particular because I thought your original choice was very underwhelming and this is definitely a rudemption.

Tinashe - Pretend/2 On Medley - Whew the level of talent and excellency displayed here, and she looks so hot too :jonny: she might not be the strongest singer but her dancing skills > 

Tinashe - Small Reminders - Also an odd choice but I’m pleasantly surprised, I love the production and the beat switch up, I would maybe cut the last minute of the song but it’s still a nice song yeah :heart2:

Apple to Release New Mariah Carey Christmas Special This Holiday Season -  Rated R&B

@mokitsu

Spoiler

Red Velvet - Milky Way (Round 12: genre benders) - An excellent choice, I loved this bossa nova/jazz inspired bop back during auditions and it still hits now!

Red Velvet - Dumb Dumb - Well I hurd the mics are on and they sound really good even if they were just standing there, the choreography only makes it more impressive. Overall a great performance even without an impressive stage production, just talent.

Red Velvet - Queendom - This is such a fun bop, the beat hits hard and the chorus is so catchy and feel good, perfect to bring closure to your diversity journey of which you should be proud :heart2:

Los fanáticos de Mariah Carey quieren que Taylor Swift elimine el despacito  como no. 1 cancion -

@Rence

Spoiler

Taylor Swift - august (Round 9: hidden gems) - I mean didn’t you win the original hidden gems round? The reasoning behind choosing this round to redo is not very strong imo. That being said, this song is soooo good, probably my favorite Taylord song ever? She snapped here, every time the strings come on during the last part I get emotional :Cryin2016:

Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do - This song is such an overhated bop I fear. Taylor herself is just ok but I enjoyed the stage production and the live arrangement of the song with the heavier drums and guitar, they made for a very enjoyable performance overall.

Taylor Swift - All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault) - A bit of an odd choice at first but it makes sense after reading your explanation. This does get repetitive for me though but I’ll pretend you sent the standard version :heart2:

Fcq76Gl.png

CRITIQUES

FINALE

Spoiler
On 12/21/2021 at 6:02 PM, Kavish said:

1200px-Black-flag-svg.png

⸸ Kavish ⛧ Kritiques ⸸

~

@mokitsu - Red Velvet

Part 1: Redo – Milky Way [genre benders]

Three judges gave "Naughty" a score of 3.x during the 'genre benders' round, so it was wise to redo it, and with the song that got you into the competition at that. I love how comforting "Milky Way" is, with its chill and dreamy nature.

Part 2: Live Performance – Dumb Dumb

The "Be Natural" performance that you sent for the sing-off was more visually pleasing and charming, but this one still showcases the team's coordination and strength really well. Overall it's cute in a high-school cheerleader type of way.

Part 3: Crowning - Queendom

I am usually not a fan of such jubilant songs but this one is bearable mainly due to its nice production. Even though it was not a requirement, I also like how on theme this song is, making it a beautiful and celebratory final entry.

@Rence - Taylor Swift

Part 1: Redo – august [hidden gem]

"august" was one of the songs I thought you'd send during the 'hidden gem' round, so I'm glad that it is finally being represented as such in the finale round. As most songs on folklore, it is beautifully written with a great production.

Part 2: Live Performance – Look What You Made Me Do

After the "Don't Blame Me" and "Ready for It" performances, this closes the reputation trilogy as theatrically and chaotically as one would expect of the chapter, with the added elements keeping it entertaining all the way through.

Part 3: Crowning – All Too Well (10 Minute Version)

"All Too Well" was a jewel in Taylor's discography, but the 10 minute version has elevated it to crown status. The reworked instrumentation and additional lines have made this emotional journey more adventurous, more Swiftian.

@Tom Vercetti – Tinashe

Part 1: Redo – Bet (feat. Devonté Hynes) [a helping hand]

I loved "The Worst in Me" during the 'helping hand' round, but I agree with your reasoning behind redoing it. "Bet" proves that Tinashe can excel at more than one collaboration, and shows how diverse she is with experimentation.

Part 2: Live Performance – Pretend/2 On Medley

Amazing stage presence that highlights Tinashe's vocals and incredible moves. The switches are smooth and there's never a dull moment, all due to her bouncy, thrilling energy. One of the strongest performances of the entire season.

Part 3: Crowning – Small Reminders

"Small Reminders" is a reminder of Tinashe's abilities : the sultry beginning morphs into a rap section and ends with a dreamy sound, making this song an unexpected surprise as well as a symphonious experience deserving of the crown.

~

king-crown.gif

On 12/21/2021 at 7:34 PM, Navyofbadgals said:

CRITS

Reveal hidden contents

RE-DO

Red Velvet - great choice to redo! This is amazing, I love the jazzy influence on this, but making it in a more accessible way. An amazing song that strikes the perfect balance between genres

Taylor Swift - I applaud you for trying to make it fit.. but it honestly feels more to me like you wanted to send august, because I just don't see how this fits at all as a hidden gem. It's one of the most streamed folklore tracks and taylor has referenced it probably more than the entire evermore album lol. That said, this is an amazing song, and possibly my favorite taylor song to date so I'm not that mad

Tinashe - you def show that you knew how to hold back songs for more critical times, and I guess this is another example. This is an amazing collaboration that truly shines. It's possibly my favorite entry of yours in this finale, but that comes with tough message that I do think this is much stronger than your crowning song, which is.. inch resting! Either way this is great

LIVE

Red Velvet - truly showcases their charisma together, along with great co-ordination. It's not a mindblowing performance by any means, but nothing here is done wrong, so there's that

Taylor Swift - every reputation tour performance has this epic scale, it's a shame that I think you sent a much stronger reputation tour performance earlier on. Some of the choreo choices aren't my favorite, but still a great performance!

Tinashe - great way to showcase Tinashe's full capabilities, going from just standing still to a more dance forward performance, this performance highlights a lot of aspects of her as a performer, which is why I think it's possibly the best performance sent here. All performances are good, but this one goes above and beyond with showcasing so much of her abilities!!

CROWNING SONG

Red Velvet - idk if it's intentional but I love that for a crowning song there are references to it/kings and queens. It's not in any way something that had to happen, but it adds so much to this already amazing entry. Throughout the season you've shown off your versatility and I like that this is once again a great pop song with unique and interesting elements that you don't hear that often in pop music, without it ever feeling messy or too much. 

Taylor Swift - seeing as lyricism is her strongest point, you are so smart in highlighting it into what's possibly her most acclaimed song to date. This 10 minute version has the rare power for me that I'm waiting for the next minute even with such a long song, rather than wanting it to end. A true showcase of a lyrical great, and a great crowning song option

Tinashe - I love your reasoning behind it, and the themes to it make it a great and meaningful choice for Tinashe, sadly I just don't like it as a song all that much, or at least compared to the other entries here. Think you really killed it with your reasoning this finale, and you did AMAZING in the other two categories for me, but this isn't my favorite sadly. 

@mokitsu @Rence @Tom Vercetti

On 12/21/2021 at 10:37 PM, Staryu said:

BaSztoV.png

Red Velvet
Part 1: It makes sense that you want a redemption from the only round you bottomed in, so it fits the theme for me. This song sounds very cute and sweet and warm, it's like a freshly baked red velvet cupcake. I definitely enjoy this more than Naughty, the vibe of this song is very me, happy and relaxing, very pleasant. 

Part 2: Well they definitely have a lot of energy! The choreography was good/fun, their vocals sound good for all the moving they are doing. The song itself is a bop but the dumb dumb can get a little annoying, it kinda adds to the immature/kids party vibe I get from the overall performance. It's a fun performance tho, I appreciate the energy and ability to sing and dance at the same time, not every artist can do that.

Part 3: I actually really enjoyed this song a lot, vocally they sound great, the song itself is light and fun, I love the production and the harmonies. The fact that it's about queens and this is the crowning theme works really well too, great choice. Thank you for introducing me to some really fun Red Velvet songs all season. :heart2: 

Taylor Swift

Part 1: I'm really surprised this wasn't a single at all, and I know this definitely isn't hidden to the stans but I can see the argument for the GP. August is definitely a top 3 Taylor song for me, it's like beautiful poetry, the song flows like a river through my soul, I'm just saying shit but this is probably one of my favorite songs of all time.

Part 2: I liked the dark and moody set, the giant cobras, the costumes, it all worked well for the song. It was definitely a fun production and her vocals were good.

Part 3: You're lucky I'm a Taylor stan because normally I hate super long songs but this song has never felt that long to me, there are 5 minute songs that feel longer. The world Taylor created with this song and the story it tells is just fascinating to me, you can feel everything she was feeling in this moment in her life, her songwriting skills are unmatched, she's like a lyrical time capsule for her own life. 

Tinashe 
Part 1: This was a great theme choice to redo, I honestly don't even remember what the original song you sent sounds like and I like this choice much better. Tinashe delivers vocals, atmosphere, it's an easy song to get lost in as you listen to it, I didn't even notice it was almost 6 minutes long. 

Part 2: The dance mix/breakdown slayed me, I got chills watching, she is such a criminally underrated talented artist. I loved it overall, it so fun to watch, Tinashe killed it vocally and rhythmically, never a dull moment. 

Part 3: I think this is the perfect final song for Tinashe, it's so fitting for her own story and your own journey in this competition. I love the way it blends genres, it's a funky bop and Tinashe sounds great on it, I like that you sent a song that wrote herself too, multitalented queen. 

-

50aa9750af453352ffff6e697ff75b65913861a7.jpg

On 12/22/2021 at 11:25 PM, Dessy said:

Qjxdo8N.jpg

Re-do

Red Velvet - Milky Way (Round 12: genre benders)
I love that you went for a full-circle approach to redo this round. I think this song is definitely better than Naughty so this is a successful improvement to me. I just love the general good-feeling vibe of the song. 

Taylor Swift - august (Round 9: hidden gems)
I guess I can see the argument for the GP. At the very least I do like this song better than Holy Ground (not by that much though). I do see a case to be made that it does have that sort of sound that would allow it to be somewhat timeless. 

Tinashe - Bet (feat. Devonté Hynes) (Round 7: a helping hand)
It’s fair that you would want to redo this, it practically sticks out in your chart run. I’m not really big on this song like with The Worst in Me but it is a collab that works nicely regardless. Loved the solo in the end too. 

Live Performance

Red Velvet - Dumb Dumb
This was a very fun performance. As usual, their coordination is a serve and make me want to keep watching for more.

Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
It was entertaining for sure. As usual, she used stage production and effects to her advantage on top of the typical dancers. And she sounded good here too. 

Tinashe - Pretend/2 On Medley
This is a SHOW. I was already captivated with just her singing at the beginning so when she immediately started dancing it went all the way to 100 for me. This is easily the kind of performance I enjoy so, well done. 

Crowning

Red Velvet - Queendom
Amazingly smart choice. It really does sound like you are closing out their run in this game. Very enjoyable song that just makes me want to come back to it. 

Taylor Swift - All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)
I have no qualms against really long songs tbh so Taylor’s releasing a 10MV of what is my second favorite Red’s song was truly a gift. It’s kind of a masterpiece in her writing and worthy of being a crowning song for her IMO. 

Tinashe - Small Reminders
Love your reasoning for sending this song. I enjoy the switch-ups in the song, it keeps it a bit interesting throughout. Very nice choice. 

Congrats to y'all and good luck! 

@mokitsu@Rence@Tom Vercetti

7 hours ago, Overprotected said:

OVERPROTECTED'S FINAL CRITIQUES

?????? ?????? - ??'? ???? ? on Twitter: "Tinashe shows  love to Mariah Carey. ❤️ Who wants a Tinashe X Mariah collab?  https://t.co/52jnMbfruJ" / Twitter

@Tom Vercetti

Reveal hidden contents

Tinashe - Bet (feat. Devonté Hynes) (Round 7: a helping hand) - One of my favorite songs from her, a discography highlight, that guitar solo whew. I’m glad you decided to redo this round in particular because I thought your original choice was very underwhelming and this is definitely a rudemption.

Tinashe - Pretend/2 On Medley - Whew the level of talent and excellency displayed here, and she looks so hot too :jonny: she might not be the strongest singer but her dancing skills > 

Tinashe - Small Reminders - Also an odd choice but I’m pleasantly surprised, I love the production and the beat switch up, I would maybe cut the last minute of the song but it’s still a nice song yeah :heart2:

Apple to Release New Mariah Carey Christmas Special This Holiday Season -  Rated R&B

@mokitsu

Reveal hidden contents

Red Velvet - Milky Way (Round 12: genre benders) - An excellent choice, I loved this bossa nova/jazz inspired bop back during auditions and it still hits now!

Red Velvet - Dumb Dumb - Well I hurd the mics are on and they sound really good even if they were just standing there, the choreography only makes it more impressive. Overall a great performance even without an impressive stage production, just talent.

Red Velvet - Queendom - This is such a fun bop, the beat hits hard and the chorus is so catchy and feel good, perfect to bring closure to your diversity journey of which you should be proud :heart2:

Los fanáticos de Mariah Carey quieren que Taylor Swift elimine el despacito  como no. 1 cancion -

@Rence

Reveal hidden contents

Taylor Swift - august (Round 9: hidden gems) - I mean didn’t you win the original hidden gems round? The reasoning behind choosing this round to redo is not very strong imo. That being said, this song is soooo good, probably my favorite Taylord song ever? She snapped here, every time the strings come on during the last part I get emotional :Cryin2016:

Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do - This song is such an overhated bop I fear. Taylor herself is just ok but I enjoyed the stage production and the live arrangement of the song with the heavier drums and guitar, they made for a very enjoyable performance overall.

Taylor Swift - All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault) - A bit of an odd choice at first but it makes sense after reading your explanation. This does get repetitive for me though but I’ll pretend you sent the standard version :heart2:

Fcq76Gl.png

welcome everyone to the results of our finale :heart2:

after like 2 months, we've finally arrived here at the last results show of this season.

three people are waiting for their fates.

who will snatch the crown? red velvet, taylor swift or tinashe?

we'll see.

i will announce third place then 2nd place then the winner.

now please post ur red carpet look!

Just now, Overprotected said:

Shania is surprise snatching the crown

The ginger root erasure 

not expecting a win but here's tinashe's best orange look anyway (ignore the shoes)

1076366072.jpg?width=640

Rooting for King Gizzard secret crowning and their shockingly massive disco

sorry i'm late but here i am

AWQv-EN_01415763_1742.jpg

EVERYTHING IS DONE!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.