Olivia Rodrigro makes chart records

chosensparkles

HAPPIER is coming next :jonnycat:

releasing MV for BRUTAL and nothing for TRAITOR remains a mystery to me :biblio:

the fact she blocked herself with deja vu should be acknowledged, what a shame, deserved #1 as well

congrats

• ATRL Moderator
On 10/7/2021 at 2:13 PM, FAN said:

happier is the rumoured 5th & final single but who knows

Oh. I feel like another break-up song would be overkill :rip: They should go with GRAMMYs, GRAMMYs tbh.

Edited by feelslikeadream

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Oh. I feel like another break-up song would be overkill :rip: They should go with GRAMMYs, GRAMMYs tbh.

happier is already at 320M on Spotify, #66 on Global and about to pass deja vu though :deadbanana:

Why do I feel like that her label pushing her so hard right now will severely shorten her career? She seems to sing a wide range of formats so burning out too fast really isn't fair to her. 

On 10/8/2021 at 2:11 PM, Cryptique said:

releasing MV for BRUTAL and nothing for TRAITOR remains a mystery to me :biblio:

Brutal is the only Olivia song designated as Rock/Alternative Rock by BB (G4U didn't make the cut). Perhaps her label wants to promote Brutal to Alternative. A video could help her here. Traitor will probably go high at Top 40 either way. 

On 10/7/2021 at 11:02 AM, UnusualBoy said:

Olivia is the female Gaga confirmed.

WTF??? Last time I checked Gaga & Olivia are both females. 

14 minutes ago, brianc33710 said:

Why do I feel like that her label pushing her so hard right now will severely shorten her career? She seems to sing a wide range of formats so burning out too fast really isn't fair to her. 

Her label isn’t pushing her much at all?  All of her success has been because of organic demand.  Her songs have bad playlisting and she has never had a radio deal.  Traitor is a single with no music video.  She’s only done a handful of live performances. 

Just now, BuzzCharts said:

Her label isn’t pushing her much at all?  All of her success has been because of organic demand.  Her songs have bad playlisting and she has never had a radio deal.  Traitor is a single with no music video.  She’s only done a handful of live performances. 

If she's got that many songs at radio so quick she could still burn out fast, "organic" or promoted. I really wish we could go back to releasing 1 song for sales & streaming at a time so albums aren't used up in under 1 yr.

1 minute ago, brianc33710 said:

If she's got that many songs at radio so quick she could still burn out fast, "organic" or promoted. I really wish we could go back to releasing 1 song for sales & streaming at a time so albums aren't used up in under 1 yr.

I do agree with you on over exposure.  There’s a lot of people who think she needs to release a second album quickly, but I think she needs to take some time and let the demand pick back up for new music.  As we see with The Weeknd, his new single flopped and a lot of it is probably because he still has songs doing well and are all over radio.  

Luckily for Olivia, traitor is still doing well on call outs.  I don’t think she needs to release another album until at least late 2022 or early 2023. 

35 minutes ago, brianc33710 said:

Her label is not even pushing her that hard :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.