Folklore surpasses 5M sales WW

My Tears Ricochet

Are folklore and folklore: lpss considered the same for billboard and sales tracking?

That’s why she put the whole standard album on there right and basically tacked the live versions on as bonus tracks?

3 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

Are folklore and folklore: lpss considered the same for billboard and sales tracking?

I think yes. LPSS can't be seen in her BB200 history. So I think, they counted it towards the Original's total

SMASH album with only one official singles (which wasn't even a massive hit) did that.:jonny:

4 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

That’s why she put the whole standard album on there right and basically tacked the live versions on as bonus tracks?

I'm not sure but most likely yes. 

6 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

SMASH album with only one official singles (which wasn't even a massive hit) did that.:jonny:

GODust is still doing almost 500k daily streams(more than many of the HITS from 2020 doing right now):jonny5: 

Lover had around 5.87M units around this point (& was doing less units daily), so for Folklore to be pretty close behind at the same point is a good sign. It'll be at around 7M by this point next year, and should hit 10M+ units before its fifth anniversary.

• ATRL Moderator

:jonny5:

The fact that her best album, evermore, is the only one that won’t reach this threshold because it lives in folklore’s shadow :cries:

Still, what a slay from AOTY winner and eight-week #1 folklore :clap3:

Chartmaster's pure figures are so musty and old :rip: But good 4 ha :clap3:

1 minute ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

According to media traffic it has just crossed 4.3 million. 

Nobody really uses them anymore. They never had transparent methodology or sourcing anyway.

Her best alberm did that :clap3: 

Although I find hard to believe that her mixtape is at 10 million, considering it doesn't get too much from streaming and didn't have any digital smashes.

57 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Although I find hard to believe that her mixtape is at 10 million, considering it doesn't get too much from streaming and didn't have any digital smashes.

It's in the top 10 biggest BB200 female albums ever :rip: it was huge in the US and had a couple hits like TOMG

3 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

Nobody really uses them anymore. They never had transparent methodology or sourcing anyway.

Chartmasters are wildly inaccurate. Please. 

Just now, Virtual_Insanity said:

Chartmasters are wildly inaccurate. Please. 

And your argument is that Media Traffic is somehow not, by contrast? 

Only retaining half the audience for Evermore suggests a bit of burnout from the woodland poetess shtick. Time for another re-invention. I believe in the millennial Madonna, she can do it again. Her 'Music'/'American Life' is coming.

Edited by Protocol

7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Chartmaster's pure figures are so musty and old :rip: But good 4 ha :clap3:

They haven't updated the album sales in like a year, they have to do that manually because it's much harder to track. What is auto-updating now are streaming equivalent albums based on YouTube and Spotify streams (publicly accessible), as well as their formula for Apple Music that extrapolates based on the Spotify streams and the difference in subscribers between both platforms, since those streaming numbers are not public. So it's a rough estimate because we don't have the official AM numbers, but it's probably fairly accurate.

What a discography.

Poor evermore, it may never reach 5m, release Tis the damm season for those holiday stream fast.

5 hours ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

According to media traffic it has just crossed 4.3 million. 

They only count like 35 countries. ChartMasters count more globally.

7 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

The album is 6x plantinum in pure sales only from the US alone.

And it doesnt have any digital smashes but have multiple moderate hits.

Our songs and Tearsdrop sold over 3m and the other 3 singles reach 1.5m. Thats already 10.5m in digital sales.

The album open with only 50k but has such an insane longevity thanks to Fearless and country radio. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.