Hot 100: #76 Bon Appetit; #55 The Cure; #1 I'm the One

iHype.

Last time a female lead artist was number one was Sia's "Cheap Thrills" and we're getting very close to it having been a year since then.

I feel like "Despacito" is gonna get a good number of weeks in after "That's What I Like" clearly. Nothing that's gonna be challenging it on the horizon tbh. Ed's wasting his momentum on "Castle On The Hill" when it could have gone to "Perfect" or "Galway Girl." The Weeknd's era is done, singles-wise (poor "Party Monster").

Could "I'm The One" return to the top? Possibly. Doesn't usually happen for #1 debuts though. Only one I can think of right now is "Shake It Off."

EDIT: Oh, and "Shape Of You," which I'd forgotten was a #1 debut.

Edited by ClashAndBurn

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agenor

• PurrKaty

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

3 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Last time a female lead artist was number one was Sia's "Cheap Thrills" and we're getting very close to it having been a year since then.

I feel like "Despacito" is gonna get a good number of weeks in after "That's What I Like" clearly. Nothing that's gonna be challenging it on the horizon tbh. Ed's wasting his momentum on "Castle On The Hill" when it could have gone to "Perfect" or "Galway Girl." The Weeknd's era is done, singles-wise (poor "Party Monster").

Could "I'm The One" return to the top? Possibly. Doesn't usually happen for #1 debuts though. Only one I can think of right now is "Shake It Off."

Shape of You returned to the top as well 

QueenofCopyPaste
4 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Shape of You

Just now, novembers17th said:

Shape of You returned to the top as well 

Oh yeah! I had actually forgotten about that one being a #1 debut. It definitely had way more longevity than you would expect from one.

Just now, ClashAndBurn said:

Oh yeah! I had actually forgotten about that one being a #1 debut. It definitely had way more longevity than you would expect from one.

So true. It was really impressive

1 hour ago, GypsyLife said:

Not A-NO. You know damn well Bon Appetit is better than that **** :clown:

Sis .. :biblio:  

1 hour ago, GypsyLife said:

Not A-NO. You know damn well Bon Appetit is better than that **** :clown:

Sis .. :biblio:  

Also, Katy needs to cancel her era before it's too late. Not even Xtina did this badly with "Your Body" :biblio: 

could Despacito be the #1 next week?

17 minutes ago, Thor said:

Btw, do we know how much BA sold in the 1st week?

Yeah:

0FjYx1x.jpg

Songs that have outpeaked Bon Appetit.

I Really Like You - Carly Rae Jepsen (#39)

Stand By You - Rachel Platten (#37)

Kill Em With Kindness - Selena Gomez (#39)

Get Me Bodied - Beyoncé (#46)

New Romantics - Taylor Swift (#46)

Used To Love You - Gwen Stefani (#52)

Make Me Like You - Gwen Stefani (#54)

Ooh La La - Britney Spears (#54)

Hello Kitty - Avril Lavigne (#75)

What About Love - Austin Mahone (#66)

Mmm Yeah - Austin Mahone f. Pitbull (#49)

Kiss It Better - Rihanna (#62)

Something In the Way You Move - Ellie Goulding (#43)

Everyday - Ariana Grande (#58)

I mean... :skull:

Looking at kworb's estimates for this week it seems that Bruno has a very good chance at returning to #1. :clap3:

"Despacito" will be very close, might even jump ahead.

"I'm the One" dropping to #4, possibly #5.

1 minute ago, Agenor said:

Looking at kworb's estimates for this week it seems that Bruno has a very good chance at returning to #1. :clap3:

"Despacito" will be very close, might even jump ahead.

"I'm the One" dropping to #4, possibly #5.

did you combine both versions of despacito? 

2 minutes ago, alexis said:

did you combine both versions of despacito? 

Yes, it's 113k (+13k in sales from last week). I believe it will be very close, Bruno will see a slight decline, but it all depends how much "Despacito" grows in streaming and radio this week.

Edited by Agenor
Improvement

5 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Songs that have outpeaked Bon Appetit.

I Really Like You - Carly Rae Jepsen (#39)

Stand By You - Rachel Platten (#37)

Kill Em With Kindness - Selena Gomez (#39)

Get Me Bodied - Beyoncé (#46)

New Romantics - Taylor Swift (#46)

Used To Love You - Gwen Stefani (#52)

Make Me Like You - Gwen Stefani (#54)

Ooh La La - Britney Spears (#54)

Hello Kitty - Avril Lavigne (#75)

What About Love - Austin Mahone (#66)

Mmm Yeah - Austin Mahone f. Pitbull (#49)

Kiss It Better - Rihanna (#62)

Something In the Way You Move - Ellie Goulding (#43)

Everyday - Ariana Grande (#58)

I mean... :skull:

orangutan_square.jpg

:deadbanana3: :deadbanana2: POP MUSIC EMERGENCY :deadbanana2::deadbanana3:

Just now, Agenor said:

Yes, it's 113 k (+13k in sales from last week). I believe it will be very close, Bruno will see a slight decline, but it all depends how much "Despacito" grows in streaming and radio this week.

ugh i want justin to replace himself but i'm not getting my hopes up 

#76 :ahh: 

of all numbers :priceless: 

Talen won again this Week

I'm The One debuted at #1, DJ Khaled, Chance, Quavo (as solo act) deserved their #1 number 1 hit, It's amazing for Bieber getting his 4th number #1 song in less than 2 years, probably getting his 5th number #1 hit next week or in 2 weeks with Despacito, as it reaches number #3 this week, Lil Wayne deserved it too, He waited so long to get another number #1.

52 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

Unfortunately, I don't think it'll have the airplay or sales to contend for #1, and it's not going to pull anywhere near HUMBLE.'s streaming levels.

But top 5 is definitely possible imo

aww oh well. Top 5 is still great.

47 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

:ahh:  Hush because if her singles were snatching, you'd be all about it. I'm baffled by Shining bombing on the H100 myself, but saying Beyoncé isn't about commercial success / hits is dumb as hell. She's about moving album units, you can say that, and tour tickets, which Bieber is doing as well. He's just not self sabotaging his singles to do so, adapting to all metrics pretty smoothly. Both win!

wow. the sarcasm in that person's post flew RIGHT over your head I think.

54 minutes ago, PurpleQueen said:

justin should honestly take a break before he releases a lead for his next album. He's reaching the point of over saturation. He should wait until 2018 imo. 

Sounds like the same thing they said about rihanna. :zzz: 

I say, strike while the iron is hot! As long as he keeps pumping out the hits hell be fine.

Wayne getting that #1 :cm:  I thought the cure would debut higher than that. 

4 minutes ago, alexis said:

ugh i want justin to replace himself but i'm not getting my hopes up 

According to simm last week's difference between Bruno and Luis was 59 points. "Despacito" sales and radio are up this week, but it seems that streaming might have peaked for now (it shows decline in spotify week-to-week numbers).

Just now, Agenor said:

According to simm last week's difference between Bruno and Luis was 59 points. "Despacito" sales and radio are up this week, but it seems that streaming might have peaked for now (it shows decline in spotify week-to-week numbers).

what does that mean though? do you think the sales and radio may be enough to compensate?