DONDA occupies Top 10 US Spotify

kwek_kwek

1 minute ago, Brando said:

u beat me to it. 

+ Drake's bomb will also kick even more songs off

Good. The Hot 100 has been so stale recently bar Stay, thank you Kanye & Drake for purging these bones off the chart 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baby Judas

• luckythisway

• Carrie-is-no-1

• Devin

Just now, Meev said:

Looking at the streaming numbers for Kanye and other rappers, I feel that this decade, rap and pop boys will slay even harder than the last decade.

Traditionally, pop girls had pure sales on their side when battling the boys on the charts. Now, the newer girls don't even have the sales advantage that popgirls had in the 00s and early 10s while even a panned album from a big male artist  like donda can break all kinds of streaming records.

OT: Actually amazing considering how widely panned the album is.

It just goes to show how obsolete these music critics are & that no one really gives a flying f*ck about what they have to say. I’ve seen nothing but praise for the album from the GP on social media & obviously the streaming #s represent that. I guess we’ll see how much longevity it has but these critics are truthfully useless 

18 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

Insane... The album is a mess for me. A few good songs... But 20 songs are just not good and 27 songs album is bad anyway. 

I feel the same way. I enjoyed my first few listens and maybe it's because it was just glad to finally have the album but I've gone back to it and most of the songs are hitting for me anymore. There are like 5-6 songs I keep going back to and that's it. 

13 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

It increased on the second day? 

Actually if you think about it the WW increase makes sense. The album was released very late in Asia on Sunday night and i think NZ/AU clock prob stroke midnight. The only countries that had almost a full day are the ones on the American continents. 

The stability in the US is very impressive: full 2nd day's streams = partial 1st day's stream.

3 minutes ago, hausofdave said:

rooting for Jail to debut #1 

33cyhd3.thumb.png.dcc275ef8749c6b8480a6d

I wonder if Billboard will combine the points of the 2 versions. Spotify combined the streams of the two, while on AM - both versions are charting separately. 

Disgusting. Poor people and their taste.

6 minutes ago, faceclef said:

taylor stans on suicide watch

As if she is not top5 most streamed artists of the year. 

Rent free 

OT : Good numbers for him :clap3:

30 minutes ago, Meev said:

Looking at the streaming numbers for Kanye and other rappers, I feel that this decade, rap and pop boys will slay even harder than the last decade.

Traditionally, pop girls had pure sales on their side when battling the boys on the charts. Now, the newer girls don't even have the sales advantage that popgirls had in the 00s and early 10s while even a panned album from a big male artist  like donda can break all kinds of streaming records.

OT: Actually amazing considering how widely panned the album is.

They're panning it because of dababy and Manson lol

I dont think anyone honestly thinks the album is unlistenable cause thats what a 0 means

1 hour ago, Baby Judas said:

I wonder if Billboard will combine the points of the 2 versions. Spotify combined the streams of the two, while on AM - both versions are charting separately. 

Will Dababy and Marilyn get credited? :eli: 

By the way is he pulling a Travis Scott? because none of the featured artists are credited on Spotify/Apple.

King of RAP :jonny5:

It's actually very impressive ngl :rip: The str8 guys are truly perching for him

1 hour ago, Baby Judas said:

Actually they are counted separately. On the counter yesterday it said 7.3mil for pt1 and 1.5mil for pt2. I think Billboard will combine the two tho since pt2 is no different from any other remix. Debuting at #1 is very much possible but lack of YouTube, Radio and Sales + losing 2 days will definitely hurt it. I could see Butter and Stay pulling thru

Charts not the arts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.