• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chemical X.

• legendofthetour

• onewillowsilk

• Devin

Drake v. Kanye better be the new 50 v. Kanye, we all know how that ended:gaycat1: save us Yeezus!

Would be kind of a kii if this and Donda released on the same day. It would be like when Graduation and that 50 Cent album dropped on the same day and Kanye triumphed, except Drake would win.

Edited by Beyonnaise

Just now, Beyonnaise said:

Would be kind of a kii if this and Donda released on the same day. It would be like when Graduation and that 50 Cent album dropped on the same day and Kanye triumphed, except Drake would win.

Nope, Drake would actually lose bc Kanye’s been doing merch sales at all of these stadium shows. I wonder if Billboard will allow him to debut with millions (?) in the first week.

I actually think Drake is trying to trick Kanye into releasing to avoid that exact scenario.

4 minutes ago, Chemical X. said:

Nope, Drake would actually lose bc Kanye’s been doing merch sales at all of these stadium shows. I wonder if Billboard will allow him to debut with millions (?) in the first week.

I actually think Drake is trying to trick Kanye into releasing to avoid that exact scenario.

those merch sales include the album? :huh: how so 

21 minutes ago, Chemical X. said:

Bundles don't count anymore tho?

1 hour ago, Oussama said:

Now we know why Donda didn't come

if Ye wants to compete with him and pull all kind tactics it will be interesting

does he think it's still 2007 :skull:

Drake will make a 50c shaped cookie of him 

25 minutes ago, Narima said:

those merch sales include the album? :huh: how so 

9 minutes ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

Bundles don't count anymore tho?

I don’t have the screenshots but on Kanye’s merch site everything is the “[original item] + DONDA album” and I imagine the in person purchases are similar

i guess it’s speculative at this point but he seems to be following the new BB rules regarding merch sales 

Well, I'll be listening with 0 expectations. I'd love if Donda came out next week too just for the mess :skull:

3 hours ago, Devin said:

It’s an album bomb ofc he will. 

3 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

If Certified Boy Lover somehow blocks Lil Nas we will tear him apart

xKg8pEv.gif

Lil Nas will release 2 weeks later. Drake's album bomb won't be that big during the third week

9 minutes ago, Green said:

Lil Nas will release 2 weeks later. Drake's album bomb won't be that big during the third week

For some reason I thought it was his second week, Lil Nas is safe then

4 hours ago, Chemical X. said:

I actually think Drake is trying to trick Kanye into releasing

I don’t think Drake would lose the sales war (lol), but part of me does think he might be pump faking Kanye to get him to drop.. i wouldn’t be surprised if he gets everyone to think “Certified Lover Boy” is dropping on Friday, Kanye actually drops then Drake drops a title track / single called “Certified Lover Boy” and says his album is still on the way.

1 hour ago, Green said:

CLB would still be an album bomb lol. 

1 hour ago, legendofthetour said:

I don’t think Drake would lose the sales war (lol), but part of me does think he might be pump faking Kanye to get him to drop.. i wouldn’t be surprised if he gets everyone to think “Certified Lover Boy” is dropping on Friday, Kanye actually drops then Drake drops a title track / single called “Certified Lover Boy” and says his album is still on the way.

yeah I’d only be concerned if the merch rumors end up being true

it just doesn’t FEEL like he’s releasing in Friday, you know? I’ve witnessed every official Drake release including Thank Me Later. not as a member of the GP but a stan/fan. I don’t believe it’s coming this Friday whatsoever :rip: 

and yes, getting Kanye to release now instead of having some weird sales beef would solve a lot of problems. but idk if it would work considering how connected everyone in the music industry is.

• #FreeBritney Activist

Do we know the direction the king is taking for this 

16 minutes ago, Chemical X. said:

yeah I’d only be concerned if the merch rumors end up being true

it just doesn’t FEEL like he’s releasing in Friday, you know? I’ve witnessed every official Drake release including Thank Me Later. not as a member of the GP but a stan/fan. I don’t believe it’s coming this Friday whatsoever :rip: 

and yes, getting Kanye to release now instead of having some weird sales beef would solve a lot of problems. but idk if it would work considering how connected everyone in the music industry is.

Supposedly Kanye just turned his album into streaming services to be released tonight or tomorrow

Edited by B-Rabbit

If he tries to bait-and-switch to lure out Kanye I think people will be pissed lmao especially if they're already expecting the album next week. He's already pushed back over and over again and so many people are just like "I'm so over it I'm not even excited." Would be funny tho

2 hours ago, legendofthetour said:

I hope he does this  :laugh: 

1 hour ago, legendofthetour said:

Why would he do this? :rip: he can easily top kanye with streaming alone. 

Ă—
Ă—