Xtina: Genie, COOB, WAGW updated certifications

Lament

The 22nd anniversary of her debut album was yesterday and her new management (RocNation) finally paid to update her singles.

Genie is now 2xP (from 1xP)

Come On Over is now 1xP (from Gold)

What a Girl Wants is now 1xP (from Gold)

No Diamond certification for the album yet but it's been over 9M copies for at least 5 years now.

Last week, her team celebrated Back to Basics' 15th anniversary by updating its album and single certifications too! In under a month, RocNation added 5M units to her certified total in the US!

Stripped's anniversary is coming in October and Burlesque's and Lotus' are coming in November so that's plenty of new certifications to expect and be excited about!

Edited by Lament

Sad that she left the music industry like that after Bioncé. Her career right after was like “i don’t play this game anymore” yet she had potential to be the greatest. 

Where's the Diamond certification for her debut album though :angry: 

Her debut was soo massive and it doesn't get enough props for that

9M+ pure in the USA with 3 #1s and a top 3 hit :wanda:

That Diamond certification better come soon

I feel like I Turn To You could at least be Gold and GIAB could be 3xP but anyway… Perhaps they don't wanna lose these streams on singles certification when they could use them later for the Diamond certification.

1 minute ago, Lament said:

I feel like I Turn To You could at least be Gold and GIAB could be 3xP but anyway… Perhaps they don't wanna lose these streams on singles certification when they could use them later for the Diamond certification.

You can use them for both, sis.

The biggest concern should be whether they use the SPS towards her debut or towards her compilation albums. They could make KGB:ADOH 2x Platinum if they really wanted, but it would screw Stripped, CA and B2B.

2 minutes ago, Eternium said:

You can use them for both, sis.

The biggest concern should be whether they use the SPS towards her debut or towards her compilation albums. They could make KGB:ADOH 2x Platinum if they really wanted, but it would screw Stripped, CA and B2B.

Oh, I didn't know about that! Thanks!

Well, I'd rather have them use the SPS for the original albums. Keeps Gettin' Better is a forgotten project and the ironic name is enough for us to pay it dust. They could still certify the single Platinum though.

So happy for these classics :clap3:

Poor I Turn To You though. 

what a girl wants her best single deserves diamond. Such a serve

rca keep the updates coming

tumblr_lt8lbutbQC1r1qn0eo4_250.gif

Her debut hasn’t been updated in close to two decades. There’s no way it’s NOT Diamond.

I'm sure I Turn to you should be at least Gold with physical, digital sales and streams combined

Great! But where is the diamond certification for the album and the gold certification for I Turn To You?

1 hour ago, Green said:

I'm sure I Turn to you should be at least Gold with physical, digital sales and streams combined

13 minutes ago, Xtripped said:

Great! But where is the diamond certification for the album and the gold certification for I Turn To You?

“I Turn To You” is barely at 550K units or so altogether. It’s barely scratched gold, if at all.

It sold +200K physical units (45.5K units the first week of its commercial availability where it ascended 17-3 on the Hot 100) but was only in stores as a single for 7 weeks. RCA removed it from sale as the song wasn’t performing well at all and was losing heavy ground radio (fast climb/fast fall) compared to her two previous singles. 

It’s sold around 250K digital units thus far and its Spotify streams are incredibly low. 

7 hours ago, Lament said:

Oh, I didn't know about that! Thanks!

Well, I'd rather have them use the SPS for the original albums. Keeps Gettin' Better is a forgotten project and the ironic name is enough for us to pay it dust. They could still certify the single Platinum though.

Yeah, they did it because streams were so low at first and they wanted to be able to cheat and keep giving out certifications (RIAA gets paid anytime a label pays for an “audit” to check eligibility and see if something can be certified). Now it’s so unnecessary because older albums are easily hitting the next certification levels from catalog stats.

2 hours ago, Edibles. said:

Her debut hasn’t been updated in close to two decades. There’s no way it’s NOT Diamond.

That’s exactly what I don’t get. GIAB is 2x Platinum, COO is Platinum and WAGW is Platinum. The album sold 9.235M units. That alone is 9.635M units. There’s no way that they didn’t ship at least 365k more copies of the album. 

Those classics. :WAP:

3 classics! 2 more need to be certified next from her debut!! 

She's the most successful female artist from the late 90s based on RIAA certification!!!

On 8/25/2021 at 6:02 PM, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

“I Turn To You” is barely at 550K units or so altogether. It’s barely scratched gold, if at all.

It sold +200K physical units (45.5K units the first week of its commercial availability where it ascended 17-3 on the Hot 100) but was only in stores as a single for 7 weeks. RCA removed it from sale as the song wasn’t performing well at all and was losing heavy ground radio (fast climb/fast fall) compared to her two previous singles. 

It’s sold around 250K digital units thus far and its Spotify streams are incredibly low. 

See, shoulda released So Emotional, as intended or When You Put Your Hands On Me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.