Sabrina Carpenter - “Skinny Dipping”

dangerousalex

I don't know how to feel about the verses... The rest is cute though. Not anywhere close to her best though, for sure.

Imma need her to serve more Singular-level perfection, cause these recent songs have not been her best :'(

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LikeAChampion

• Khamis

• Ampersand13

• Samsom

The video is absolutely amazing! The song, not so much. I don’t think I’ve ever cringed as much as I did listening to the first verse. We need Singular era Sabrina back. 

at least we have confirmation another song is eventually coming, hopefully that album is out sooner than later :duca:

I love it. Its very end of summer for me. Which is also why i have august by Taylor on replay these days :jamming:

chorus 10/10 

verses 5/10

overall a cute bop.

sabrina deserves a true hit asap or at least another On My Way. she's interesting, singular act 1 is amazing. 

I mean the chorus and pre chorus is very good. I just don’t know why they didn’t go with something more safe for the verses. The first verse especially is rough

Edited by Khamis

of course I love it but it doesn’t sound like Sabrina, would be better if Julia put it on her album this year 

5 minutes ago, Burqa said:

of course I love it but it doesn’t sound like Sabrina, would be better if Julia put it on her album this year 

That’s my complaint. This is deff a julia song and it’s sung the way Julia would and in some parts it doesn’t fit sabrinas voice. 

Ok but this is a GROWER!!! also very relatable because I'm on a life phase where I let the ghosts of the past go away and move on from any negativity and mistakes I've made in the past... It's beautiful, euphoric, cathartic but also risky, I don't see her trying to have a hit tbh, she's fine with her niche fanbase and making money touring and acting and making friends while do it everything so I don't complain about this song or hers flopping

the lyrics give me Taylor Swift vibes.

I absolutely HATE extended "talk singing" and those verses were like a rushed monologue.

Best not a fan GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

the video was cute enough and I liked the writings and I appreciate what she's trying to do but no thanks.

12 hours ago, as926 said:

These verses are definitely serving a Maria Mena "You're the Only One"

came here to say this :jonny2: that was a classic!

OT: i'm absolutely loving this :jonnycat: the verses are my fave about this cause of the classic it reminds me of

38 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

the lyrics give me Taylor Swift vibes.

I absolutely HATE extended "talk singing" and those verses were like a rushed monologue.

Best not a fan GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

the video was cute enough and I liked the writings and I appreciate what she's trying to do but no thanks.

:biblio:maybe fearless Taylor and thats pushing it.

this is so Julia, i wish she wouldve kept it for herself or at least changed the talk parts for sabrina? Or maybe Sabrina couldve changed that part? I dunno:noparty: but I agrih, the monlouge is cringe and doesnt fit her at all

1 hour ago, despy said:

came here to say this :jonny2: that was a classic!

OT: i'm absolutely loving this :jonnycat: the verses are my fave about this cause of the classic it reminds me of

A bop but why I now realized that she sounds like Olivia Rodrigo on the verses :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, Samsom said:

A bop but why I now realized that she sounds like Olivia Rodrigo on the verses :deadbanana4:

she does nnn

This is a NO from me. The verses are too clunky and ruins the song. The chorus is good though. Too bad I can't get through the verses.

The snippet at the end of the video sounds VERY promising!

This is a grower def... I'm bopping the verses now and doesn't sound off putting. Love how unique this sounds too. It seems like she's loving this direction more than on singular tho because sometimes she looked very nervous and unconfortable playing the sexy hoe bitch on the MVs of Almost Love and even on the pool scenes in Sue Me

Edited by Samsom

why does everyone need their music to sound exactly like what's "on trend" nowadays...yeesh

this song surprised the HECK outta me. the clunky verses are exactly the type of whimsical **** that American pop music needs right now. it's interesting at least.