Vanishing Letters 9 | WINNER REVEALED (p.187)| #WinterComing

Overprotected

2 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Why are people sending critiques 1 by 1 is it to up their post count?

I saw other people doing it and so i did it. Now i know i can save myself the effort :dies:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ughgabriel

• Kavish

• Dessy

• Overprotected

1 minute ago, Insanity said:

In my case YES. :gayriahcat2:

4 minutes ago, Insanity said:

That's how we did it in @thecptz Song Contest game, so I assumed that we were keeping the same energy here.

per.thumb.gif.7e9609dc3942c84b1074672e85

3 minutes ago, clue said:

I think bc we do it in ASC

I don't really mind but I feel like it's easier for contestants if they're in one post?

nnnn i thought it was an unspoken rule to flood in such kind of threads to get more pages :deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, Valtersen said:

nnnn i thought it was an unspoken rule to flood in such kind of threads to get more pages :deadbanana4:

Ratings FRAUD!

I'm seeing a lot of ageism and I will be actively working to get those contestants OUT 

ranking all songs released in the last 5 years dead last in every round :celestial5:

Just now, dweebz said:

Ratings FRAUD!

If I have to be frank ANTM has the most organic big amount of Pages I have seen in a Game. :gaynetcat4:

Just now, Jay-Zicario said:

If I have to be frank ANTM has the most organic big amount of Pages I have seen in a Game. :gaynetcat4:

the rigging is a whole other issue tho :gaynetcat2:

1 minute ago, Auburn said:

the rigging is a whole other issue tho :gaynetcat2:

Nothing is Perfect, I fear. :gaynetcat3:

ANTM was the best Game of the year. It have it ALL. :loki:

And it should win the Game of the Year on ATRL. :gaycatina1:

by the way what are the categories for the awards? I remember seen something about that in here (or was it Discord?)

Black Dresses - PEACESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this genre is not for me but this was simply terrible :deadbanana4:

Charlie Puth - The Way I Am: a very cute bop :jamming:

Doja Cat - Cyber Sex:  nahhhh I'm sorry this is a mf CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :WAP:

Doja Cat - Woman: the inferior opener Doja song obviously but it still slaps :loud:

Erika de Casier - Drama: I need to relisten to this album cause this is pretty :-*

L Devine - Priorities: this kinda exploded too late cause I was already bored when it did, it's fine but nothing special :michael:

Madonna - Survival: came in one ear and went out the other :foxaylove2:

Mitski - Happy: exhausted of her being sent in these games tbh, I don't like this but I guess you won't be last place since its not the worst so far :rip:

Pat Benatar - Heartbreaker: come on smasher :katie2:

Rihanna - Phresh Out The Runway: hm not my favorite Rih opener track but it is a bit of a serve I guess :keir:

Rihanna - SOS:  PLEEEEEEEEEK this starting after Phresh was a kii, obviously annihilated the other Rih sender with this classique :jonnycat:

Sade - Smooth Operator: whewwww a timeless classic I fear :duca:

Sara Bareilles - Brave: maybe if this was 2015 I'd be into this but it just doesn't do it for me anymore :toofunny3:

Shakira - She Wolf: bitch you came in with the SERVE!!!!!!!! :gaycatina1:

St. Vincent - Pay Your Way in Pain: this is an experimental classic that some people just don't have the vernacular to understand I fear, great sing :alexz2:

SZA - Supermodel: never got into SZA at all, not crazy over this :mandown:

TeaMarrr - Chasing Amy: I liked some parts and some I didn't, don't know where it will rank :huh: 

Wolf Alice - The Beach: eaux wow this was lovely :heart2:

Zara Larsson - Love Me Land: What the actual ****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK??????????????? oh my ****ing GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD…………. I am not joking when I tell you this song has managed to make me feel like no other song ever HAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the JOY!!!!!! and extreme HAPPINESS I GET!!!!!! when I listen to it is unmatched AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this is such a well crafted pop song like the anthemic synths in the begginIng under those angelic harmonies that lead to the pulsing EXQUISITE pop beat that just feels so unique and dark and luscious and sexy and then her VOCALS!!!!!!!! come in like HOWWWWW DARE YOU1!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?1?!?!!?!?!?!?’11 the way she sings it is immaculate and sets the tone of the song so well AND this song as a whole is such an excellent opener like what the FREAK!!!!!!!! Omg and the way the choruses go down and throughout the bridge it gets bigger and the last chorus just explodes so ****ing nicely, it reaches that climax you’ve been waiting for the whole song in such a perfect way I still get CHILLS when I listen to it and jesus according to my lastfm I have almost 600 plays of this song and it has not aged a single DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just an immaculate pop song that I could listen to every day for the rest of my life you don’t UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am OBSESSED!!!!!!!!!!! This is 2 minutes 40 seconds of pure pop bliss that everyone in the world needs to HEAR IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WEDDINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRADUATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUNERALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEOPLE DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUILDINGS COLLAPSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH BEST SONG OF ALL TIME I DON’T THINK YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

ezgif-7-a7d936fe9149.thumb.gif.42e498ee2

ezgif-7-a7d936fe9149.thumb.gif.42e498ee2ezgif-7-a7d936fe9149.thumb.gif.42e498ee2ezgif-7-a7d936fe9149.thumb.gif.42e498ee2

clue not serving taste, we don't stan

46 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Bitches be like idk why I’m messed up ?

And then this is bitches:

??

jksadhsf

Group B Critiques

Spoiler

Black Dresses - Peacesign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Yikes sorry this is a no
Doja Cat - Cyber Sex  

This always been a bop  :jamming:
Doja Cat - Woman  -

Among my top 3 on PH  :falcon:
Erika de Casier - Drama 

i like this
L Devine - Priorities 

I really like this
Madonna - Survival  

Not a fan of Bedtime Stories but this is one of the stronger tracks
Mitski - Happy  

This is interesting but nothing something id go look for m
Pat Benatar - Heartbreaker    

80s bop
Rihanna - Phresh Out the Runway    

One of my faves from Unapologetic
Rihanna - SOS                   

Rihanna classique!
Sade - Smooth Operator  

Love the vibe
Sara Bareilles - Brave      

The better version of Roar 
Shakira - She Wolf    

Under rated bop
St. Vincent - Pay Your Way in Pain    

I like this I haven't listened to her new album yet
SZA - Supermodel   

Ctrl has grown so much on me since release used to not care for it
TeaMarrr - Chasing Amy   

Idk her but i like this
Wolf Alice - The Beach

This was very forgettable i forgot i heard it
Zara Larsson - Love Me Land  

A BOP. Prolly my favorite song by Zara yet  :wanda: :wanda:

Filler post for minho <3

Every second counts
I don't wanna talk to you anymore, and
All these little games
You can call me by the name I gave you
Yesterday, yeah
Every minute counts
I don't wanna watch TV anymore, yeah
Can you figure me out?
Just doin' to waste more time on the couch

Can you see me? I'm waiting for the right time
I can't read you, but if you want, the pleasure's all mine
Can you see me using everything to hold back?
I guess this could be worse
Walkin' out the door with your bags

Pour your glass of wine
Mitchell told me I should be just fine, yeah
Cases under the bed
Spill it open, let it rush to my head
I don't wanna be forward, I don't wanna cut corners
Savor this with everything I have inside of me
I'm not the type to run, I know that we're having fun
But what's the rush? Kissing, then my cheeks are so flushed

Tell you how I felt
Sugar coated melting in your mouth
Pardon my emotions
I should probably keep it all to myself
Know you'd make fun of me

Can you see me? I'm waiting for the right time
I can't read you, but if you want, the pleasure's all mine
Can you see me using everything to hold back?
I guess this could be worse

j2oaL4R.png

GROUP A

Spoiler

Apink - Duhmdurum

The beat is so addictive. I feel like this is where they fully realized their sound/concept and it results in one of their best songs.

The chorus is so slick and I like the bridge a lot. Great start to this group uwu

BANKS - Gemini Feed

Sounds a bit like a product of its time when everyone was doing these atmospheric minimal ~ inspired songs.

I like how it builds though and enjoyed it overall.

Björk - Army of Me

Cinematic for sure, a bit hard to get into but I like it, serving middle

Blackpink - How You Like That

It’s kind of annoying because of the production but their actual parts are great. I just wish it was a bit less abrasive in its sound. Like please retire these breakdowns :suffering:

Celine Dion - It’s All Coming Back to Me Now

It’s wayyyy too long but also not that bad? I definitely get vibes of wandering through a drugstore or something hearing this, but I don’t mind it at all. Just wish it was cut 2 minutes or something.

Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom

It’s the SERVE!!! One of her best songs, sooo addictive, I love how hyped up this is

Doja Cat - Go to Town

alksjdf a little gross to listen to I think

Hole - Celebrity Skin

Very 2004 rom-com high school movie. I like that though!

Jessie Ware - Spotlight

It’s an entry submitted during round one of Vanishing Letters season 9.

Kari Faux - Medicated

This risk :praiseshock: It’s a cool listen, and a new song for me. I think it’s very repetitive which can work against it, but I enjoyed the vibe.

Kelela - A Message

Yessss finally a song of hers that isn’t from that one album. I wish people would stop zeroing focus on one work from an artist. BECAUSE… this is amazing and immaculate. The production is so gorgeous and spacey but it has actual weight to it and works so well with her voice. 

Kesha - Your Love Is My Drug

I wish Cannibal was sent!!! I like this, I actually don’t adore her debut but this was always my favourite of the singles.

I’ll see where this places for me but I do want to say the bridge > the rest

Liz Phair - 6’1

I wouldn’t listen to this again

Lorde - Tennis Court

Yasssss. What a brilliant way to open her first album.

It really shows her perspective as a teenager and basically why she became such an integral part of a generation.

Still holds up really well.

P!nk - Stupid Girls

Absolutely awful. One of her worst pre-2010 songs, I hate the sentiment of this.

Rita Ora - Anywhere

H&M serve. It’s a fun little song. I admit it doesn’t excel though.

Sam Smith - Young

It’s not really a song to listen to on its own. Feels like it needs the context of the album because it’s basically just an intro.

The Knife - Heartbeats

What is this bop? Risk etc, kind of wish it had a bit “more” to it

as it stands I feel like i’m at the Urban Outfitters home goods section but nah this is cool.

TWICE - Can’t Stop Me

Yassss very 80s bop. I like this!

Willow - transparent soul

SOOOO good. I was so shook when this came out, she nailed it.

Sadly her album was a massive disappointment but it’s okay because I’ll always have this <3

GROUP B

Spoiler

Black Dresses - Peacesign!!!

die last place

Charlie Puth - The Way I Am

I was giving Kombucha girl here, the name alone gives me a kneejerk reaction but I admit this is a bit of a cool chill bop. I kind of wish it was given to someone else (Selena Gomez? sljks) because I find his voice a bit musical theatre at times, but who cares its the best song of his i’ve heard. 

Doja Cat - Cyber Sex

Maybe this is where I get cancelled but I never liked this song :sorry: it just feels too meme-y, so I don’t get the same enjoyment I’d get out of actual songs.

Doja Cat - Woman

This is a cool song, it’s a different direction for her but works pretty well. I like it!

Erika de Cassier - Drama

It’s pretty nice, very loungey. Kind of fades into the background for me, but definitely upper half

L Devine - Priorities

Yeppppp a super bop. I like that you went with someone kind of different and I’ll be rewarding that for sure because she delivered a GREAT song with this. Her EP was very fun

Madonna - Survival

This is kind of boring. It doesn’t reach anything that would make it stand out in my mind, and I feel like other artists were capable of doing this sound better.

Mitski - Happy

Wish she’d just keep a diary or something, some poetry book idk, maybe annotate the margins of her copy of Milk and Honey. She strikes me as someone who you’d be out at a restaurant with and she’d reach for a napkin to write down her inspirational thoughts. 

And yet.

Lucky for you… this is one of the songs of hers I like! One where her metaphors actually have emotional weight because they’re given time to be explored and aren’t just flowery nonsense for the sake of it.

eavrmrs.gif

Pat Banetar - Heartbreaker

Not a fan. It has cool energy though I’ll admit, but it’s been marred by sounding like something from a montage scene in an early 80s movie.

Rihanna - Phresh Out the Runway

It’s so cluttered and messy. It sounds like all the sounds at once… yet i’m bopping so what of it

Rihanna - SOS

Always surprised by how well this holds up. It’s very repetitive though. 

Sade - Smooth Operator

I easily see the appeal of Sade but I don’t seek Sade songs out for my own. They’re just a little too long and loungey for me to really get into them. I’m going to give this a decent placement anyway though because it’s a classic and probably my favourite of theirs.

Sara Bareilles - Brave

I vastly prefer “Roar” and I can’t tell you why. I like Sara’s voice but something about Katy’s version has an extra sparkle that makes it shine more? I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t bopping rn though.

Shakira - She Wolf

Not for me at all. I have no attachment to this song and don’t find it special listening rn

St. Vincent - Pay Your Way in Pain

This is camp. Still have a love/hate relationship with her tho

SZA - Supermodel

Opens one of my favourite albums of the ‘10s decade so… yeah I kind of love it. It sets the stage soooo well. She has an incredible sense of stream of conscious delivery/writing and it makes her music so endearing. She’s at her best when she isn’t flooding a song with trendy over-production techniques. 

TeaMarrr - Chasing Amy

The album cover for this is pretty, gives me fantasy book vibes. I think this song focused too much on being a “vibe” that it forgot to bring enough to the table to make it stand out.

Wolf Alice - The Beach

Soooo understated and beautiful. I thought this was a bit TOO subdued at first but I appreciate it’s approach, and the way it builds is so endearing. If the last song had a cover that seemed to fit a fantasy book, this is the song that would transcend across a fantasy world… therefore I adore it. Yup, I need to revisit this album.

Zara Larsson - Love Me Land

Super slick, she did a great job here.

h7mYTpM.mp4

TAGS

See the bitch on top of my post?

Yeah, that bitch got no taste.

Edited by dweebz

1 minute ago, dweebz said:

See the bitch on top of my post?

Yeah, that bitch got no taste.

omg drag her!

We stan daddyho

I only know 15% of whats going on in this game BUT just know that I will make it to round 2 when the competition really starts. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.