BANKS - “Skinnydipped”

masochizm

21 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

It's probably just me and many will enjoy it more, but I hate everything about it. Annoying vocals, pseudo-rap talk singing throughout, some basic moody trap production, non-chorus, her randomly moaning for no reason every few lines. The song is also like 2:30 and then there is another 30 seconds of very pointless instrumental outro.

This is such a non-Banks song to me, I don't get it. I definitely find anything on Goddess, The Altar and III more enjoyable.

This sounds tragic already.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roger

• Otana

• thatsmydemi

• original_lifeline

1 hour ago, BlackoutZone said:

It's probably just me and many will enjoy it more, but I hate everything about it. Annoying vocals, pseudo-rap talk singing throughout, some basic moody trap production, non-chorus, her randomly moaning for no reason every few lines. The song is also like 2:30 and then there is another 30 seconds of very pointless instrumental outro.

This is such a non-Banks song to me, I don't get it. I definitely find anything on Goddess, The Altar and III more enjoyable.

This era is just full of disappointment isn’t it? 

:deadbanana4:  

yikes the descriptions… definitely did not enjoy the devil and probably won’t enjoy this either.

its crazy how goddess is still her most accomplished and mature album even though it was released 7 years ago

:deadbanana4: I mean her affinity for that talk-rapping style has steadily grown with every release so I can't say I'm surprised, but her attempts at it are always so hit and miss. it's baffling why she's making such short songs too since it's not like she's releasing anything that would likely go "viral" or become some tik tok dance. 

ugh, I'll remain open-minded but hoping the album cuts can redeem this

y'all are party poopers. the cover look so good, I can't wait :gaycat1:

7 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Do you have any tea on the album? How is it sounding?

• ATRL Moderator

I’m cautiously optimistic :dancehall:  I really liked The Devil so I haven’t been disappointed this era like others have 

I liked the Devil and I'm sure I'll like this too

She honestly hasn't let me down yet :heart:

Gimme and Contimated are SO SO GOOD. The Devil was just above average...:gaycat6:

13 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

this sounds scary but everyone hated the devil which i love, underdog kinda fits your description and i adore that song

so i'm reserving my judgement, still excited for this :duca: hopefully serpetina is coming in september

The cover looks good but I didn't like the Devil and the description posted by the good sis BlackoutZone doesn't give me any hopes, I was expecting more Contaminated or Goddess :weeps:

On 8/18/2021 at 2:08 PM, BlackoutZone said:

ugh I'm really bummed about this, I thought the devil was just a throw away and she would explore more of what she did on hawaiian mazes / sawzall / godless / contaminated :rip: how did she go from the masterpiece that is III to this mess like girl go back in the studio and try again 

Ngl, I was worried before I heard the snippet. ****, I'm so weak for her. :jonnycat:

The snippet :jonny6: 

Let me wait for the whole thing to judge though :jonny: