JoJo - 'Trying Not to Think About It'

RockYou!

Song is produced by Kelvin Wooten (H.E.R., J Cole, Ari Lennox, Jazmine Sullivan) and Cardiak (Kendrick Lamar, Drake, H.E.R.). 

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J-esper

• Hivy

• Edibles.

• Ampersand13

WHEW the snippet has me feeling some type of way :jonny5:

37 minutes ago, DarkPassenger said:

is she finally going to release a single to radio???? 

They sent Man to radio. Peaked within the Top 40.

1 hour ago, Edibles. said:

They sent Man to radio. Peaked within the Top 40.

yup. but she releases so many songs since then and none were sent to radio

not 12 songs ahhh :WAP:

worst (i assume) is amazing, needs to smash

The way she always delivers.. Worst (I Assume) deserves a grammy nom

I'm not ready to be slayed again like I was with good to know 

1 hour ago, Asparagus Spears said:

12 tracks? I thought this was an EP. Is this now an album?

It's not an EP. The blogs and websites just can't seem to fathom that an artist can view their work neither an album or an EP.

She called it a "capsule project" because she wants it to stand alone as a body of work that is about a specific theme and time (struggling with depression and an awful end to a relationship at the end of last year) and seperate from her run of studio albums. By making the distinction I guess (hope) it means that she feels less pressure than she would for an album and can just focus on creating what she wants.  

Even if it's 12 tracks, don't forget 'December Baby', which was classified by JoJo as a christmas album and had 13 tracks, had 5 songs/interludes under a minute, another 5 under 3 minutes and was only 25ish minutes in length, so just because there's more tracks on this than Good to Know, doesn't mean that much right now

I do hope that this does present itself more like an album, rather than 5/6 full songs and the rest short interludes

On 8/17/2021 at 7:07 PM, livelikemusic said:

She liked a tweet that said they believed it was an EP, which is giving me vibes that this is not a full-length album, but if it is, then YAY!

Whew, I want it. :jonny5:

42 minutes ago, Subestar23 said:

Even if it's 12 tracks, don't forget 'December Baby', which was classified by JoJo as a christmas album and had 13 tracks, had 5 songs/interludes under a minute, another 5 under 3 minutes and was only 25ish minutes in length, so just because there's more tracks on this than Good to Know, doesn't mean that much right now

I do hope that this does present itself more like an album, rather than 5/6 full songs and the rest short interludes

Yep, same with Agape. Given that this is a ~concept~ project  I could definitely see her using interludes to set the scene/mood about the issues she's discussing.

Wonder why creature of habit may not be on this? Theme is fitting?

Creature of Habit would’ve been on the album preorder on iTunes. It’s not there. 

52 minutes ago, Sky Engineer said:

Wonder why creature of habit may not be on this? Theme is fitting?

22 minutes ago, Edibles. said:

Creature of Habit would’ve been on the album preorder on iTunes. It’s not there. 

Seems like this is going to be another situation where I gotta make a playlist for the album and add it in like I did for Joanna and Sabotage 

11 hours ago, Subestar23 said:

yeah I think it'll be this and serve us Heaux Tales "project, not album" teas.