Selena Gomez’s “Rare” tops 1 MILLION units in the US

GuusLima

14 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

There's like 5 female artists that had platinum albums in the US

But Rare is not platinum yet. Those are units, :rip: @ me when it happens.

11 hours ago, BadBoy said:

But Rare is not platinum yet. Those are units, :rip: @ me when it happens.

It could happen tomorrow or never, certifications are not automatic and Interscope is very slow. 

Based on your obsession you'll be the first to know.

9 hours ago, Sad Serenade said:

It could happen tomorrow or never, certifications are not automatic and Interscope is very slow. 

Based on your obsession you'll be the first to know.

750k sold overall is not platinum sweetie, is rare how after all these years it hasn’t been certified, maybe in a few more years. :rofl:

My Queen! <3 

On 8/4/2021 at 9:00 PM, By the Water said:

Nope. Rare has 436,000 billboard 200 units. The 700k figure includes pre-album SPS

:rip: 

Tragic

On 8/5/2021 at 1:00 AM, By the Water said:

Nope. Rare has 436,000 billboard 200 units. The 700k figure includes pre-album SPS

Didn't it drop out after 26 weeks? Even out of the BB200 it was still moving units, and it has been out of the BB200 for 56 weeks, so it has probably moved closed to 250K units out of the 200 (assuming it sold 5K weekly out of it, which it should've). 436K+250K=686K. If we add the 267K it moved as pre-unit stats, it probably sold 963K so far. It probably sold less pre-release, so 900K total thus far makes sense. If it goes at a rate of 5K units weekly till the end of the year, then it should top 1M+ units by the end of the year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.