Selena Gomez’s “Rare” tops 1 MILLION units in the US

GuusLima

It’s her 6th album to achieve this milestone! 

Edited by GuusLima

oh wow :clap3: not bad for a flop album. The fact that if she would add droplets to the album it would be 3x eligible :rip: 

Finally! I'm ready for the next album. I'm glad it went platinum without the help of the droplets, but a 3x platinum album would be really cool. 

Oh wow congrats queen!

the album is still so fresh to me.

A Sweeter Place, Rare, Crowded Room, Kinda Crazy, Vulnerable, Ring, Souvenir & the classic Lose You to Love Me :jonny5: your faves could never

Those stan accounts have no access to real industry data and always post fake inflated numbers, but Selena Gomez's rarity remains unmatched :clap3:

Important milestone

The fact it's not actually platinum :rip: but that's what makes her so rare :clap3:

I can't see the album title without thinking of her yelling out "ill stay vulnerable"

QUEEN :clap3:

54 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Finally! I'm ready for the next album. I'm glad it went platinum without the help of the droplets, but a 3x platinum album would be really cool. 

:clap3:

49 minutes ago, allforyou said:

According to Billboard (as of December 2020) it was at 703,000 units in the US (link: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9500888/selena-gomez-rare-interscope-strategy-interview/) so this is obviously false, however I wish it was true, I really like the album

those were billboard 200 units, count pre released singles too. It will be around platinum I think

Queen of singing off-key in her chorus :clap3:

13 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

those were billboard 200 units, count pre released singles too. It will be around platinum I think

Exactly, it's already 2021 people need to learn how billboard works. Albums have pre-release units on account of accumulated streams that are not tracked in the weeks spent within the billboard 200. 

Besides that it's been 9 months since billboard update, the album received 300m on Spotify worldwide in addition to other platforms, we don't know how much came from the US. People got used to the rare not being platinum that they thought it would be like this forever 

Edited by Thiago

That’s unfortunate considering it had a re release and a #1 single. An underperformance I would say

1 hour ago, allforyou said:

According to Billboard (as of December 2020) it was at 703,000 units in the US (link: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9500888/selena-gomez-rare-interscope-strategy-interview/) so this is obviously false, however I wish it was true, I really like the album

Oh that makes more sense and makes it more sad as well. :chick3:

23 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Nope. Rare has 436,000 billboard 200 units. The 700k figure includes pre-album SPS

Edited by By the Water

3 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Nope. Rare has 436,000 billboard 200 units. The 700k figure includes pre-album SPS

Oh , I didn't know that. Then it will be around 850k-900k I think. So platinum by end of this year I guess.

10 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

That’s unfortunate considering it had a re release and a #1 single. An underperformance I would say

There's like 5 female artists that had platinum albums in the US

Outside it's sales performance it's a great album, the Deluxe was pointless anyway since there was not an obvious hit Boyfriend and She could go for anything better

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.