Charli XCX - "Good Ones"

WERKER

4 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

No, it's nothing she teased

I don’t necessarily expect it to be the best song she’s ever done, but do you consider Good Ones to be a worthy introduction to this era? :heart2:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gerry I Shot

• Daddy

• mellenthin

• State of Grace.

3 hours ago, brooklyndaddy said:

Producers concern me because it sounds like it's just gonna be band radio pop but I will reserve judgement because Oscar did great work on After Hours. No PC producers in sight :dancehall3:

he did great on 1999 and troye's stuff as well! and no PC producers ≠ a bad thing, she had made magic with Stargate before !!!

The credits serving Poster Girl leftover omg we won :jonny: i'm sure if Charli didn't decide to record this it would be handled to Zara or else nnn

Charli is such a great songwriter especially for anthemic pop songs, she needed to use that on her favour. Only Twitter gays cares for PC music and she needs to eat.

The song length is a mess though. I'm not against short songs but 2:17 is way too short :skull:

As long it has a proper structure i'm fine

Edited by Lady Claire

isn't Taxi only two minutes long? everyone always begs her to release that and no one ever complains that it's too short  :rip: 

ughhh this cover is amazing. feeling the fantasy. she always understands the assignment 

9 hours ago, WERKER said:

artwork-440x440.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSE4gGNrDhD/

Click here to presave now:

https://xcx.lnk.to/Good-Ones-Presave

Comes out September 2nd 2021. :heart:

Song length: 2:17

Produced by: Charli, Caroline Ailin, Noonie Bao, Oscar Holter & Mattman & Robin

9 hours ago, josesuxx said:

POP EMERGENCY 

9 hours ago, original_lifeline said:

cover is a serve :WAP:

9 hours ago, Musicmajor said:

The cover is phenomenal wow 🤩 but September 2??? Kind of far away to announce this now. She better tease throughout the month! 

9 hours ago, the good guy_duh said:

serving Lana :clap3:

9 hours ago, Venus XCX said:

She's back in her label supported pop bag. :jonny5:

9 hours ago, TheBoss said:

The collapseee

9 hours ago, wraith said:

Omfg SHES COMING

9 hours ago, despy said:

oh cover is a serve!! perched :WAP: 

9 hours ago, DancingShoes said:

Oh wow :jonny:

9 hours ago, Supervillain said:

Finally doing something else :clap3: We love the growth 

9 hours ago, Jujubaruda said:

Charli XCX snatch my wig jMSuvIW.gif

9 hours ago, Silvermoon92 said:

Love that cover:jonny4: can't wait

9 hours ago, Scandalous said:

the aesthetic :jonny6: wonder why she announced so early tho

I MOVED

• ATRL Moderator

This cover is INCREDIBLE!! :jonny5: A month away ain't so bad. Miss XCX better come THRU!

I can't even be mad at the release date bc of how much she ATE the cover :jonny2:

I love her PC music output but kinda really excited for more synth heavy music from her

6 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

Only Twitter gays cares for PC music and she needs to eat.

Critics love her and she's always booked in all kind of festivals. Plus, she'll have a lifetime of royalties from Señorita, Fancy, I love it, Boom clap and Same old love. 

Funny how she trashed the entire Sucker era to bring back a choruless song with some "ohhh".

2 hours ago, glassheart_ said:

Funny how she trashed the entire Sucker era to bring back a choruless song with some "ohhh".

starting off on atrl very positively!

didn't even make it to your avi's base or album thread to talk about it.

:deadbanana4:

The way people are already missing that the concept is obviously a parody of the industry machine :deadbanana4: a conceptual chanteuse

i'm really excited for this single and the new era. she always knew what to do so i trust her.

Praying it still sounds unique despite the production credits. I don't need her to be full on PC but I just pray the production isn't stale

Legit so excited! Her last few years of music, including leaks, have been AMAZING. So ready for this sell out era <3. 

Title gives me Kerli vibes and I'm here for it but I can see her doing more a BTW/ITZ/Animal-esque bop based on the descriptions and visuals so far :WAP:

8 hours ago, Gogetonthebus said:

The way people are already missing that the concept is obviously a parody of the industry machine :deadbanana4: a conceptual chanteuse

It's just an excuse for her to do a more generic pop album without getting dragged by stans and critics. Which is pretty smart though :cm: