New single 'It Was Me' out now

Tracklist 

1. It Was Me

2. If The World Was A Small Town

3. Getting Good (Feat. Trisha Yearwood)

4. Same Story, Different Saturday Night

5. On Top Of The World

6. Run

7. What Do You Think Of? (With Lukas Graham)

8. I'm Not Sad Anymore

9. Getting Over Him (Feat. Jon Pardi)

10. Good Ole Boy

11. When The Party's Over

12. You Ain't A Cowboy

13. Goodbye Street

14. Written In The Bar

15. Change My Mind

Edited by OhMyAlf
Added more information on release

*Sitting Pretty On Top Of The World*

*Is sitting on a couch* 

Nevertheless, I’m excited to get a new full length album from her :jonny5:

Hmm, I'll be replacing Getting Good with the solo version. Never liked the Trisha version. Other than that, can't wait!

6 hours ago, Hooker Barbie said:

Hmm, I'll be replacing Getting Good with the solo version. Never liked the Trisha version. Other than that, can't wait!

Yeah that was only disappointment looking at the tracklist the solo is far superior 

Do we have a Lauren Alaina base? I’ve been a stan for 3 years now and my searches don’t seem to yield anything :/ 

in any case I crunched just her Spotify numbers and we have some fun stats:

• Her songs (including all features) have a total of 865,460,948

• That works out at 5,769,740 sale equivalents (150 streams = 1 download) 

• And 576,974 album equivalents (1,500 streams = 1 album unit) 

• Sitting Pretty On Top of the World in this format already has 22,826,360 streams (152,176 single equivalents or 15,218 album equivalents) - this is with the Trisha version (and I agree with the point above, should have stuck with the solo version)

• Spotify streams = approx sales:

- 2,400,000 for What Ifs 

- 700,000 for One Beer

- 500,000 for Road Less Traveled

- 400,000 for Doin’ Fine

- 275,000 for Getting Good (solo)

- 200,000 for Town Ain’t Big Enough

- 175,000 for Ladies In The 90s

- 150,000 for Next Boyfriend

- 150,000 for Thinking ‘Bout You (don’t know why he re-recorded that with painful vocals but hey ho)

- 60,000 for Run

- 50,000 for Over and Over

- 45,000 for Georgia Peaches

- 45,000 for Wings of an Angel

- 45,000 for Are You Happy Now

- 40,000 for What Do You Think Of (should’ve been a crossover single)

- 40,000 for The Other Side

- 40,000 for Getting Over Him

Obviously these are just Spotify, and global stats, but it wouldn’t surprise me if her team got more of her records certified soon given what we saw recently. 

Edited by BravoTangoWhiskey
Missing word

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait for this! 

I love that we're getting that many new songs, I was scared she would put most of both of her EPs on the album and there would be no room for new songs but I'm glad she only picked 4 out of the 12 songs and all of the choices made sense imo. I like the solo version of Getting Good better too and it would be better for the streaming numbers of the album but I'm not that mad about it.

Her songwriting and production evolved so much, I think this is going to be an amazing album. I like the cover too compared to most of her other ones...

Hope this can do decent first-week numbers but I'm clueless about what to expect.

On 8/2/2021 at 11:51 AM, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Do we have a Lauren Alaina base? I’ve been a stan for 3 years now and my searches don’t seem to yield anything :/ 

in any case I crunched just her Spotify numbers and we have some fun stats:

• Her songs (including all features) have a total of 865,460,948

• That works out at 5,769,740 sale equivalents (150 streams = 1 download) 

• And 576,974 album equivalents (1,500 streams = 1 album unit) 

• Sitting Pretty On Top of the World in this format already has 22,826,360 streams (152,176 single equivalents or 15,218 album equivalents) - this is with the Trisha version (and I agree with the point above, should have stuck with the solo version)

• Spotify streams = approx sales:

- 2,400,000 for What Ifs 

- 700,000 for One Beer

- 500,000 for Road Less Traveled

- 400,000 for Doin’ Fine

- 275,000 for Getting Good (solo)

- 200,000 for Town Ain’t Big Enough

- 175,000 for Ladies In The 90s

- 150,000 for Next Boyfriend

- 150,000 for Thinking ‘Bout You (don’t know why he re-recorded that with painful vocals but hey ho)

- 60,000 for Run

- 50,000 for Over and Over

- 45,000 for Georgia Peaches

- 45,000 for Wings of an Angel

- 45,000 for Are You Happy Now

- 40,000 for What Do You Think Of (should’ve been a crossover single)

- 40,000 for The Other Side

- 40,000 for Getting Over Him

Obviously these are just Spotify, and global stats, but it wouldn’t surprise me if her team got more of her records certified soon given what we saw recently. 

I agree that What Do You Think Of? has so much crossover potential. I wish they could give it a shot on pop/HAC but I don't kow how easy that is.

About "Thinking 'Bout You", it was pretty much Lauren's team fault. She explained that her team didn't want her to have 2 duets at the same time on country radio and that's why Dustin had to find someone else to make the song a radio single. It was a bad decision imo, because it would be another secure hit for her and they aren't really playing her Jon Pardi single anyway so :/

Lastly, I don't think there's a base in here. I don't think there are many supporters here in ATRL (I see more on PulseMusic) but there's a few! You could count me in, I'm one of her biggest fans for sure lol. supporting her since the Idol days.

7 hours ago, lipes said:

I agree that What Do You Think Of? has so much crossover potential. I wish they could give it a shot on pop/HAC but I don't kow how easy that is.

About "Thinking 'Bout You", it was pretty much Lauren's team fault. She explained that her team didn't want her to have 2 duets at the same time on country radio and that's why Dustin had to find someone else to make the song a radio single. It was a bad decision imo, because it would be another secure hit for her and they aren't really playing her Jon Pardi single anyway so :/

Lastly, I don't think there's a base in here. I don't think there are many supporters here in ATRL (I see more on PulseMusic) but there's a few! You could count me in, I'm one of her biggest fans for sure lol. supporting her since the Idol days.

This is really interesting! Had no idea about the duet thing and yeah that decision was a dud. Their rendition of thinking bout you is so great :/ 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just about to start listening to this and i'm so excited! I love Lauren's voice and i've been waiting for ages to have a new album of hers after playing last years' EPs all the time for the past year. 

Glad this is finally out! Hope this era does better for her than how Road Less Traveled did, at least on country radio.

I’d like to have at least 2 more uptempos on this album but it’s good! I liked the “Getting Over Him” EP bettet overall though, as I think “Bar Back” and “Seen You in Your Hometown” are better than most of the new tracks (or all of them really). But probably some of them will grow on me with time.

Love that we have new music from Lauren, she really has given us a LOT during the past 2 years.

im still not sure what my favourite new tracks are, but I’m loving lots of her puns like written in the bars (typical Lauren haha).

Goodbye Street is probably my standout at the moment I guess but I need to become more familiar with the new tracks.

I agree with some of the other comments about lots of the EP songs being better. See You In Your Hometown is probably my favourite Lauren song, and I’d be curious to know why Ladies In The 90s wasn’t on the album (maybe a because it was a new direction?). That said the biggest miss (and it’s a huge one for me) is having the Trisha version of Getting Good. The solo version had 41 million streams on spotify whereas the duet had 1million. Interestingly on Spotify now they seem to have swapped the solo version for the duet version (including streams) in her top 5 songs. Not too happy about that as i can’t stand trisha’s voice and I play from top songs quite a lot. I hope they change the figures back because the numbers speak for themselves.

anyways, rant over, the album is great and I’m so proud of Lauren’s growth as an artist and so happy we have new songs! :) 

I haven’t heard the album yet but I will very soon. I’ve only really heard a few songs from the EPs but I loved “Road Less Traveled.” Any songs in that vein?

On 9/5/2021 at 9:11 AM, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Love that we have new music from Lauren, she really has given us a LOT during the past 2 years.

im still not sure what my favourite new tracks are, but I’m loving lots of her puns like written in the bars (typical Lauren haha).

Goodbye Street is probably my standout at the moment I guess but I need to become more familiar with the new tracks.

I agree with some of the other comments about lots of the EP songs being better. See You In Your Hometown is probably my favourite Lauren song, and I’d be curious to know why Ladies In The 90s wasn’t on the album (maybe a because it was a new direction?). That said the biggest miss (and it’s a huge one for me) is having the Trisha version of Getting Good. The solo version had 41 million streams on spotify whereas the duet had 1million. Interestingly on Spotify now they seem to have swapped the solo version for the duet version (including streams) in her top 5 songs. Not too happy about that as i can’t stand trisha’s voice and I play from top songs quite a lot. I hope they change the figures back because the numbers speak for themselves.

anyways, rant over, the album is great and I’m so proud of Lauren’s growth as an artist and so happy we have new songs! :) 

I think they merged the 2 versions of Getting Good, which is good for the streaming purpose… but yeah I like the solo version way better as well. I don’t think they will change it back, as it would mean losing streams and therefore sales for the album.

Ladies in the ‘90s is one of my favorite singles she’s ever released but I think it sounds so different than the rest on the album and to her previous EP as well, so I think that’s the reason why they didn’t included (or they thought it was too old / a song that she moved on from).

Edited by lipes

12 minutes ago, IhSnapItzTrey said:

I haven’t heard the album yet but I will very soon. I’ve only really heard a few songs from the EPs but I loved “Road Less Traveled.” Any songs in that vein?

Do you mean songs like the Road Less Traveled song or album? If it’s the song I don’t see it, as I think this new album is missing some uptempos. But there are a lot of good songs and nice lyrics. I also think it sounds a little more country than her last album.

I’m mad that she didn’t perform at any TV shows this week. Her team couldn’t book a TV slot on her album release week???? Makes no sense.

On another note, “What Do You Think Of” once again is showing huge potential. It’s selling a lot more than any other song of the album. I really wish they somehow could work with it on AC/HAC radio.

1 hour ago, lipes said:

I’m mad that she didn’t perform at any TV shows this week. Her team couldn’t book a TV slot on her album release week???? Makes no sense.

On another note, “What Do You Think Of” once again is showing huge potential. It’s selling a lot more than any other song of the album. I really wish they somehow could work with it on AC/HAC radio.

Honestly this song should be a crossover international hit. Don’t know why they aren’t shoving in radio’s face both sides of the Atlantic 😔 (I’m a bit deluded but I love it).

do you all think Good Ole Boy is the next single? It has different artwork on Spotify and was in my Release Radar playlist when the album was released 

12 hours ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Honestly this song should be a crossover international hit. Don’t know why they aren’t shoving in radio’s face both sides of the Atlantic 😔 (I’m a bit deluded but I love it).

do you all think Good Ole Boy is the next single? It has different artwork on Spotify and was in my Release Radar playlist when the album was released 

“Good Ole Boy” is for sure the song they chose to ‘promote’ with the album release week. It’s also the only new song uploaded on her VEVO account with a visualizer. However, that doesn’t mean it will be the next single… it probably will take a long time for “Getting Over Him” to peak on country radio and so much could change until then.