Jump to content

Will Camila’s new single debut top 10 on Spotify US?


Recommended Posts

I don't think so. It's too latin (and not what is currently popular in latin music).

Link to post
Share on other sites
smartalek22

It really depends how much the label were willing to pull out. Epic is one of the worst labels for big artists and Camila is their only big pop girl after they slaughtered Meghan Trainor and Zara Larsson - both of whom have been given little budget and promo. I suspect this will be something big because otherwise Epic are truly ****ed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe if it gets high TTH placement

 

otherwise probably top 20-30

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Green said:

I don't think so. It's too latin (and not what is currently popular in latin music).

Rauw Alejandro is smashing with a disco song which also isn’t (or at least wasn’t) that popular in Latin music. Todo de Ti peaked at #14, so Camila should be able to squeeze out a top 10

Link to post
Share on other sites

This one could go either way in terms of success, I thought it gave sangria wine tease tbh. If this is going to smash It’ll debut lower than top 10, say top 40.then grow. She doesn’t have A base or star power so usually this is what happens, it grows afterwards 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it will make the top 10, especially in the US, I don't think Americans like that kind of music. But the Latino community is powerful, we have seen that, and if they like it, it will probably be a hit. But the song sounds from another era, maybe in Gloria Estefan's time it would have been a hit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Rauw Alejandro is smashing with a disco song which also isn’t (or at least wasn’t) that popular in Latin music. Todo de Ti peaked at #14, so Camila should be able to squeeze out a top 10

 

Camila's song sounds like a Gloria Stefan song. It's not the trendy disco sound of Todo de Ti

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cloudy said:

Of course. After all she's the biggest pop girl in recent years

I don't even like Camilla but this is true. She smashed with her debut. The facts are facts, Amerika.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, By the Water said:

If Morgan Wallen can smash, Camila has no reason not to

:skull:

 

Her manager claims it is her Don't Start Now, #1 on lock

Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely. She’s getting the cover and top spot of TTH (assuming bc she has for majority of her singles) and I think it will do pretty good first day numbers 

Edited by Khamis
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Stratus said:

This one could go either way in terms of success, I thought it gave sangria wine tease tbh. If this is going to smash It’ll debut lower than top 10, say top 40.then grow. She doesn’t have A base or star power so usually this is what happens, it grows afterwards 

But she has two #1s and according to her fans that's HUGE. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...