Are Drake & Taylor Swift's longevity impressive?

E67JSjLXsAEGBvh?format=jpg&name=medium

Both Drake and Taylor Swift released their first music in 2006, over 15 years ago...

Fast-forward to 2021 and with over a decade of massive success already under their belt (Drake was AOTD and Taylor female AOTD), they were not only the best-selling and most streamed artists of the first half of 2021 in the US...

E67E1TYX0AU3Glh?format=jpg&name=large

... but they were also still the two best-selling solo artists globally of 2020.

E67E0q9X0A0EbUu?format=png&name=900x900

Do you think it is impressive that after 15 whole years, both are basically still on top of their commercial game, with music that still resonates so well with consumers and enables them to keep being so high on these "biggest artists of the year" lists year after year?

3lMq.gif

Edited by Feanor
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KKCuteCat

• QueenBeyoncé

• Artistofthedecade

• onewillowsilk

State of Grace.

THE female and THE male artists of the decade(s) :clap3: 

Sweet Sexy Savage

Yes. Take Care and folklore both their magnum opuses :clap3:

• #FreeBritney Activist
UnusualBoy

The females Drake :clap3: 

sasashite

Taylor’s is.

Drake’s not so much. His dominance started in 2015. Taylor smashed in 2008 and never stopped since then.

Gorjesspazze9

both are the biggest artist of the last 15 years of course it’s impressive. People always downplay whoever is on top

WeFoundTrouble

Absolutely :clap3: They are like the MJ and Madonna of their generation*

**I’m not saying either career is comparable to one or the other. I’m literally just saying they are going to be THE two most remembered artists of the this time frame.

dabunique

well i stan Madonna and Mariah so no but i kno it can be done

JawBreaker

Yes

Especially for someone like Taylor that doesnt benefit from the aura of being "cool" to listen too. It is shocking that she lasted this long.

istan4badgalriri

Taylor Swift dropped 3 albums + a re-recording since Drake's last studio album, so they're not really in the same boat. :beatfreak:

mxoonlight

To the size and staying power they’ve been able to have since they’ve debuted is really impressive. It speaks to their abilities as hitmakers.

Artistofthedecade
3 minutes ago, dabunique said:

well i stan Madonna and Mariah so no but i kno it can be done

But Taylor's longevity is as impressive as Mariah's. Mariah got 8 10M+ seller in her career(7 in a row). 

Taylor's first 8 will reach that milestone and she is yet to slow down right now. 

Only female i can name with better longevity is Madonna. :celestial5:

Artistofthedecade
10 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Taylor Swift dropped 3 albums + a re-recording since Drake's last studio album, so they're not really in the same boat. :beatfreak:

Drake also has like 10 albums so what does that have something to do with anything? :beatfreak:

Edited by Artistofthedecade
  • #FreeBritney Activist
Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

Drake also has like 10 albums so what does that have something do to with anything? 

Don't forget million singles. 5 which got released this year too.

But some bases have forgotten how it feels when their faves releases so I can't blame them and they have to hide at other artists to drag Taylor because their faves' lack recent musical accomplishments.

Drake and Taylor still top 2 on most streamed artists. Not many can relate.

fUSlt7n.thumb.gif.d5a3b3f90d0f5744ef301c

6 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

But Taylor's longevity is as impressive as Mariah's. Mariah got 8 10M+ seller in her career(7 in a row). 

Taylor's first 8 will reach that milestone and she is yet to slow down right now. 

Only female i can name with better longevity is Madonna. :celestial5:

nuttin against ur girl i'm jus sayin no i expect her and drake to continue their longevity because i have seen legends do it

23 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

And Drake has released 15 singles in a span of time that Taylor has released 6. Neither cancels out the other. 

• #FreeBritney Activist

Yes and No?

they both peaked right when digitals were going to go away and streaming was starting to take over

they only saw 1 change of a music market so they weren't affected as much as P!nk or Eminem for example, who truly have a great longevity

Still, they have great longevity compared to their peers so they deserve their praise..(but they wont be praised as much as others who saw like 3 market market changes :deadbanana2:)