How many cultural resets your faves have?

1 hour ago, FreeXone said:

Janet:

Control Album was a whole reset

Rhythm Nation visuals...miss you much, rhythm nation, love will never do...

The rolling stone cover

The Janet era was huge asf..

The IF video

That's the way love goes

The tour...

The superbowl LITERALLY reset television and media and brought us YouTube

iconic.

tbh i’d also add all for you (song) too. 

dangerousbutera

thank u, next and 7 rings are Ariana’s true cultural resets IMO:

thank u, next — both the song and the video really had everyone talking

7 rings — wasn’t it like the most googled thing in every US state for like 2 months straight? :deadbanana2:

• #FreeBritney Activist
2 hours ago, postsus said:

Mine:

Bad Romance - changed pop culture with its outstanding industrial gothic sound. :gaygacat5:

Shallow - changed pop culture with its powerful message and stripped down music in the middle of the Alternative R&B era. :gaygacat4:

You guys using "cultural reset" is wrong as many of you tried to make fun of Normani. It's about "the culture"

this is why I don't like when y'all speak on things that are black, especially when y'all are trying to mock things

My fave is not a pop gworl, but a korean solo artist and he has served at least 3 so far.

Kang Daniel Wins Lawsuit; Court Suspends His Contract With LM Entertainment - First one is suing his former label and winning againts them, then becoming a SOLO artist and a succesful CEO of his own label/enterteinmant company, which as a K-POP artist is difficult to do, not everyone has that to their credit.

The second would be the most underrated BOP of 2020, giving us a perfect latin inspired K-POP colaboration.

and the third would be the visual, lyrical, musical and cinematic masterpiece that is Paranoia, serving more looks, artistic depth and talent in one video than certain boybands did in the past 2 years.

MoonGoodandHappy

The Fame (she gave a second life to pop music)

The Fame Monster (She impacted the world by making big music videos that nobody did anymore. And the other artists got down to it)

BTW (She allowed other artists to be themselves, and made being different as a quality)

ARTPOP (She made experimental albums fashionable)

JOANNE (She started pop country music, and artists were inspired by it)

CHROMATICA (This album relaunched concept albums, and we can see that artists like coldplay were inspired by it.)

Edited by MoonGoodandHappy

The entire Bangerz era was a cultural reset and she's now resetting culture covering rock classics every other day. :clap3:

Can't Be Tamed MV was a cultural reset within the Disney Channel tweens demographic.

Edited by Scars
3 hours ago, EnoughSaid said:

You guys using "cultural reset" is wrong as many of you tried to make fun of Normani. It's about "the culture"

this is why I don't like when y'all speak on things that are black, especially when y'all are trying to mock things

“Cultural reset” is a term coined by Rose McGowan, seems like you’re the one using it incorrectly.

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 minute ago, VOSS said:

“Cultural reset” is a term coined by Rose McGowan, seems like you’re the one using it incorrectly.

And what makes you think Normani would use a term coined for Me Too in regard to her video? This is exactly why you need to stay out of black folks business

5 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

And what makes you think Normani would use a term coined for Me Too in regard to her video? This is exactly why you need to stay out of black folks business

To be fair, the phrase “cultural reset” has kinda taken on a life of its own online. Normani is definitely the one using the phrase wrong. How we talk about “ the culture” is totally different than cultural reset.

Her entire career is a cultural reset, from creating Parent Advisory stickers, to bringing LGBT culture to the mainstream, fighting ageism, sexism, religion..

We aren't talking about hits here to the people just posting songs. We are talking about pop cultural MOMENTS. 

Like:

Baby One More Time mania

1999 Rolling Stone cover

Oops VMA bodysuit

Slave VMA snake

The Kiss VMA

Blackout era

Circus Comeback era

Free Britney movement and Speaking Out in 2021