What comes to mind when you hear “Taylor Swift 1989 era”?

Dolce Vita

the bob, the 2014 washed out Polaroid aesthetic, tumblr, high waisted short skirts and crop tops, etc

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheVelvetRope

• Juanny

• Starchild

• Stupid Love

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• #FreeBritney Activist
Starchild
8 minutes ago, Gabriel Florin said:

Bad writing but you know what I mean...the kind of song you wouldn't admit you listen to because you'd get roasted since people find the song annoying or embarrasing...

You listen to white soccer mom music, Whats the difference?

family.guy123

Seemed fine at the time, but looking back very cringey. That YouTube livestream where she announced everything is horrifying to watch these days 

TheVelvetRope
26 minutes ago, Starchild said:

You listen to white soccer mom music, Whats the difference?

Well P!nk is super beloved and respected here :michael:

DesiredConsternation

The last imperial era for a pop girl. 20 million sold, universal acclaim, hundreds of millions grossed on tour. I wonder if it will ever be topped.

Delusional
1 hour ago, Stupid Love said:

Iconic, but messy and filled with negative energy and destructive body image projection and possible drug use. A kind of brilliantly f*cked up pop era with a lot of ups and downs. 

I don’t think Taylor has ever tried drugs except for alcohol.. can you expand on why you think this?

Stupid Love
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I don’t think Taylor has ever tried drugs except for alcohol.. can you expand on why you think this?

lol idk she just seemed different/off at certain points but I could be totally wrong. :eli:

I would elaborate but I can't really pinpoint anything specific other than her persona that was so intriguing and controversial at the time that you start to wonder what all was occurring behind the scenes. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Gabriel Florin said:

Bad writing but you know what I mean...the kind of song you wouldn't admit you listen to because you'd get roasted since people find the song annoying or embarrasing...

I listen to it freely and pen it as my anthem unironically (however it would be a bit ironic for someone to judge you whilst listening to this song!) because I’m not insecure as fuck and surround myself with people who aren’t judgemental and will actually even dance along with me. Imagine not wanting to admit you like a song because you’ve surrounded yourself with such toxic losers :skull: 

BloodLuster

very well conceived era, modern day pop music, killer body, gorgeous wardrobe...

my 2nd favourite Taylor era :allears:

ineedboxinggloves

The bob cut.

Also, I literally just realized this year that 1989 is her birth year:deadbanana4:

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, LoveInStereo said:

Honestly? One of the tackiest and unlikeable eras in pop music history. The aesthetics were bad. She was painfully thin. Rubbing elbows with every D lister who'd have her for promo. She was trying way too hard. The backlash towards her public persona felt well-deserved. I don't think it was fair to make inferences about who she was as a human being but I was beyond annoyed with her by the end of that era. She felt totally phony and fake

LOL. The public backlash happened because of LIES and an illegal phone recording posted between her and the MAGA supporter and slavery apologist Kanye West. Anything to bash her when she did nothing wrong though, right? :rip: Also, being annoyed because someone is hard working and made work you didn’t prefer yourself? Haters like you are bitter and insufferable, I fear. 

cashmoneybabygrande
3 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

7 second white noise iTunes #1!

Getting flashbacks. To think that Track 3 would be Style