What comes to mind when you hear “Taylor Swift 1989 era”?

OnlyManInTheWorld

Talent, legendary, iconic, perfect music, the greatest pop era I've ever witnessed, TABS.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheVelvetRope

• Juanny

• Starchild

• Stupid Love

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Artistofthedecade
23 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

Honestly? One of the tackiest and unlikeable eras in pop music history. The aesthetics were bad. She was painfully thin. Rubbing elbows with every D lister who'd have her for promo. She was trying way too hard. The backlash towards her public persona felt well-deserved. I don't think it was fair to make inferences about who she was as a human being but I was beyond annoyed with her by the end of that era. She felt totally phony and fake

You were annoyed by her because... she was thin and 1989 had aesthetics you disliked? :deadbanana2:

And she deserved that backlash because of these despite the reason being... smear campaign against her? 

IMG_20210527_101722.thumb.jpg.c9c05d622b

TheVelvetRope

Shake It Off being the modern "Baby" from Justin Bieber...aka the laughing stock of popular music. But then she was the cool girl with "Blank Space" and every basic white girl having that particular lyric as description/bio.

generic but iconic and a classic 

samuel656

Polaroids and white framed sun glasses 

also sometimes the tragic hairstyle she used to close the era, other than that it was basically a perfect era 

Stupid Love

Iconic, but messy and filled with negative energy and destructive body image projection and possible drug use. A kind of brilliantly f*cked up pop era with a lot of ups and downs. 

the biggest pop era of the 10s. You couldnt escape Taylor Swift.

She was both the biggest celebrity AND the biggest musician, which is extremely hard to achieve at the same time. 

I mean people can say what they want but they can't deny the genius she was executing that era. From the massive commercial sucess to the critical acclaim, she did everything right, and few people have the talent to be both excellent musicians and excellent marketers, and she is both.

• #FreeBritney Activist
idkwiam
19 minutes ago, Gabriel Florin said:

Shake It Off being the modern "Baby" from Justin Bieber...aka the laughing stock of popular music. But then she was the cool girl with "Blank Space" and every basic white girl having that particular lyric as description/bio.

How is SIO the laughing stock of popular music.

You guys say anything these days.:sistrens:

Those lame friendships she pretended to have, the basicness of Bad Blood (both song and MV)

chiliam

The way even i was so hesitate when she annouce 1989 eas full pop. Because her country songs are so damn good, i just want her to continue deliver country pop not full transition. And Shake it off, Welcome to new york and snippet of How i kiss a girl is kinda a dissapointment at 1st. 

But man she prove me wrong, its still not my favorite albums of her cause of her insane discography but definitely its the best era to stan. She was everywhere and every videos are an event.

56 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

Honestly? One of the tackiest and unlikeable eras in pop music history. The aesthetics were bad. She was painfully thin. Rubbing elbows with every D lister who'd have her for promo. She was trying way too hard. The backlash towards her public persona felt well-deserved. I don't think it was fair to make inferences about who she was as a human being but I was beyond annoyed with her by the end of that era. She felt totally phony and fake

wow the accuracy

• #FreeBritney Activist
UnusualBoy

A smash era.

• #FreeBritney Activist
Trent W

Blank Space video

Folklore89sm

The biggest and best pop era of the 2010s that still has all the hater gheys fuming. 

Habibro

I love Tay, but I feel like she was so insufferable during the 1989 era. Don’t get me wrong, the era was a smash, and will be her biggest era ever. But her personality as someone else said in this thread felt so….fake? The whole “squad” act felt disingenuous and they pinned Taylor as the “quirky girl next door who is also relatable” 

Mtjjproducer

Max martin.

I really only listened to the album because he was producing it. I hadn’t really listened to Taylor outside a few singles before 1989 and his tracks on red. Max is my favorite producer and my inspiration and I listened to a lot of his work during music school which is when 1989 came out

TheVelvetRope
46 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

How is SIO the laughing stock of popular music.

You guys say anything these days.:sistrens:

Bad writing but you know what I mean...the kind of song you wouldn't admit you listen to because you'd get roasted since people find the song annoying or embarrasing...

PMKARDASHIAN

One of the best pop eras of the 10s 

Catchy, fun, enjoyable music

Cute, palatable, recognizable aesthetic

Style being on of the best records of all time

The era that made me a part time stan after being a part time OTH (lookin at you WANEEGBT :dancehall2:

• #FreeBritney Activist
Starchild
1 hour ago, LoveInStereo said:

This try hard post :bibliahh: and she had an eating disorder but go off crazy