The Hold It Against Me MV...

Gladiator

Is a deep, hidden commentary of Britney's first public rebellion against the conservatorship, courtesy of Jonas Åkerlund.

Agree? Thoughts?

Edited by Gladiator
2 minutes ago, Legacy said:

g3UdZPp.gif

he did an interview about the video a short while back where he said this smile had no meaning and was just something fun he put in there, which is disappointing bc it used to creep me out and I was hoping it was some kind of freaky symbolism 

2 minutes ago, May said:

he did an interview about the video a short while back where he said this smile had no meaning and was just something fun he put in there, which is disappointing bc it used to creep me out and I was hoping it was some kind of freaky symbolism 

Oh...so Britney didn't approve it/wasn't her did I guess? I thought it had some kind of meaning too. That's disappointing

2 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Oh...so Britney didn't approve it/wasn't her did I guess? I thought it had some kind of meaning too. That's disappointing

unfortunately not but this interview is still interesting!

There are several points in the video where you digitally enlarge her mouth, in a way that makes some of the stills very funny.

[Laughs] That’s funny.

There are fans out there that think that was sort of a message on your end, like her having this fake, digitized smile, but I was wondering what you had to say about that.

Oh, no. I think that was more… the basic idea of the video is like, everything is over the top. Everything is a little bit too much. She becomes 20-feet tall and she fights herself like a crazy woman and she’s doing all these over-the-top things. I think it was more of like a visual treatment, I guess, like a fun detail. I do love when the fans see those details because I spend a lot of time coming up with these small, fun things for fans to find, and sometimes they don’t, and sometimes they do. It’s really fun when they do. But there was no deep meaning in those effects at all, other than just making a fun, cool video.

https://sydurbanek.substack.com/p/jonas-kerlund-talks-10-years-of-britneys

• #FreeBritney Activist

There’s definitely a lot of symbolism which creepily coincides with her being trapped in the c-ship for sure.

Still an amazing video though :flame:

cashmoneybabygrande

Such a good video. When she beat her own ass...21946.gif

• #FreeBritney Activist

Yea

it has a pretty good idea

one of Britney's best music vids, would be more recognized if she wasn't in that phase :/ poor woman

this is the era she found out she will be in a conservatorship permanently

Spoiler

heeeeyyy op, u looked pretty snacky in that post your pic thread, xoxox call mme

cashmoneybabygrande
46 minutes ago, Venom said:

Plot Twist: It's Jamie Lynn

Even Better

22046.gif

1 hour ago, Scars said:

This MV so underrated, I know HIAM wasn't a hit or whatever but it was the perfect lead single for FF. :heart:

Not to take away from Til the World Ends, but to me this always was the more exciting and interesting song. I wish it had the same success.

1 hour ago, Rev8 said:

Yea

it has a pretty good idea

one of Britney's best music vids, would be more recognized if she wasn't in that phase :/ poor woman

this is the era she found out she will be in a conservatorship permanently

Reveal hidden contents

heeeeyyy op, u looked pretty snacky in that post your pic thread, xoxox call mme

😳

I cannot stand this music video. The constant camera angle changes as the beat belts is hard to watch. When my eyes adjust and focus were already onto another scene/angel. 

her worst video! 

• #FreeBritney Activist

The video has TONS of hidden meanings and most definitely paints a picture of her then current situation. 

One of her best videos and one of the strongest first singles. 

• #FreeBritney Activist

This song deserved so much more longevity than it had

The GP is tasteless for stanning I Wanna Go over this...