• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IStanHard

• Brishka

• SwiftLover

• WeFoundTrouble

• #FreeBritney Activist

Not this turning into a Britney vs Taylor, Britney's albums produced by Max aren't better than 1989, Oops may be up there but that's it, don't know why the outrage from both sides :toofunny3:

Virtual_Insanity

After Katy and his magnum opus Teenage Dream Max did his best work with Backstreet Boys. Taylor is definitely next best and second female. 

Virtual_Insanity
On 7/22/2021 at 4:07 PM, Mau ® said:

The girlies are laughing at your delusion.

In any case Taylor’s 1988 not only gave Max a string of #1 hits off a same record and the best selling pop album of the last decade, but it also gave max an AOTY win for a pure pop album, which was unprecedented and really opened the door for poptimism like never before.

In Taylor, Max found an equal in lyricism and architecture of a song, as well as a true collaborative partner, not just a girl who shows up and sings the songs.

I dont know if three really qualifies as a "string ". Teenage Dream had six, now that's a string. 

Virtual_Insanity
On 7/22/2021 at 6:26 PM, Brishka said:

I know that you are desperate to diminish Britney's impact, rewrite history, make disgusting comments about her conservatorship and mental health, but Max Martin wasn't *massive* before Britney's debut. 

There is a reason why Baby One More Time is the first #1 single in his production discography in the U.S. It was his first monster hit. He had a few hits with BSB (Quit Playing Games, Everybody), but they were not even remotely as big as BOMT, which topped charts in every country where it was released. I Want It That Way smashed AFTER BOMT.    

Not remember? Toxic is the third most streamed song of 2004 (after She Will Be Loved and Yeah!). She has five songs that average more than 300K streams per day (Womanizer is also close).  

Your blind hatred prevents you from thinking clearly and seeing through the undeniable facts.   

Yeah because As long as you love me didnt get a commercial release and wasnt elegible to chart cos of the rules. It would easily have been number one in the US  otherwize. It was a WW smash. 

• #FreeBritney Activist

Taylor's work with Max opened way a lot more doors for pop artists than Britney's work with Martin did. That's something we have to consider and even me as a Britney fan knows and understands it. 

Yeah, when Spears worked with Martin, lots of other artists started wanting to work with him, and that was good; but when he and Swift worked together, things were different. He won a GRAMMY for Album of the Year, lots of people wanted to start using the same formula they used for 1989 and they got a lot of acclaim. 

I love Britney, and even Martin himself would credit her for what he is as a producer today, but the angle Billboard is using on this article is for a complete different type of recognition and they're doing so by not downgrading his work with other pop stars. Nobody should be pressed over this. :rip:

Edited by abrahamjmr
2 hours ago, Eternium said:

The number I posted was as of May 2021, sis. If you really think Taylor is going to continue doing the same amount in catalog units as she and her catalog age and she stops releasing so frequently, you're in for quite a shock. Feel free to bump this in 12.5 years with those receipts, though :lmao:

So you honestly think in 7 years, when Taylor's 38, the album is over a decade old and she's not releasing as much, she's going to be pulling the same catalog numbers she's doing as when she's pumping out 3 albums a year, 10 singles, a live album re-release and announcing another album in November? Do you not understand how new releases affect catalog sales? Like I don't get what's not clicking for you girlies.

Reputation is miles ahead of 1989 sonically.

Off-topic, sis. You already got clapped in your thread trying to prove that other artists were responsible for Max's explosion. Here's a quote from Steven Lunt, the BSB's own A&R, talking about how BOMT changed the sound of music that was being submitted to their joint record label.

It was the first No. 1 single for Spears, Martin and Yacoub, and would spawn countless soundalikes in its wake. “Being in A&R, I had every songwriter in the world trying to submit songs for Britney,” Lunt recalls of the period following “Baby.” “It’s amazing how songwriters who never wrote like that before in their lives were suddenly writing things that sounded like they were Swedish.”

Why did nobody submit songs like that after Ace of Base? Robyn? BackStreet Boys? If you want to get dragged, do it in your own thread where it's on-topic.

Max Martin talked about Britney handing him Robyn’s album and asking him to produce something that sounded like that. Britney is an evidence of Robyn’s impact. 

ithinkheknowsoutsold
9 hours ago, Eternium said:

The number I posted was as of May 2021, sis. If you really think Taylor is going to continue doing the same amount in catalog units as she and her catalog age and she stops releasing so frequently, you're in for quite a shock. Feel free to bump this in 12.5 years with those receipts, though :lmao:

So you honestly think in 7 years, when Taylor's 38, the album is over a decade old and she's not releasing as much, she's going to be pulling the same catalog numbers she's doing as when she's pumping out 3 albums a year, 10 singles, a live album re-release and announcing another album in November? Do you not understand how new releases affect catalog sales? Like I don't get what's not clicking for you girlies.

1989 did 1.56M units between 2018-19, which was supposed to be a gap year for her outside the Reputation Stadium Tour. She clearly doesn't need the new albums or any singles to sell 1989.

Additionally, at the rate 1989 is selling, it doesn't even need 12.5 years to outsell OIDIA, which it's going to outsell in less than 1.5 years. Even if the catalogue sales fall to a mere 50% of what it's selling atm, 1989 is still gonna sell 32M+ by the time it's 22.5 years old (BOMT's current age).