Jump to content

Billboard: "1989 is Max Martin's defining work"


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • IStanHard

    10

  • Brishka

    10

  • Virtual_Insanity

    7

  • ithinkheknowsoutsold

    5

53 minutes ago, Track10 said:

No. It's Teenage Dream aka 1989's blueprint.

Teenage Dream was nobody’s blueprint :rip: 

 

 

 

Teenage Dream:

 

52 average on Metacritic 

0 Grammys

 

  1. Billboard: The 100 Greatest Albums of the 2010s
  2. Consequence of Sound: Top 100 Albums of the 2010s

*************************************
1989:

76 (24 points higher than TD)

3 Grammys (including AOTY #2 for Taylor)

  1. Billboard: 10 Best Albums of 2014
  2. Drowned in Sound: 51 Favourite Albums of 2014
  3. A.V. Club: The 50 Best Albums of the 2010s
  4. Pazz & Jop: Top 100 Albums of 2014
  5. Complex: 50 Best Albums of 2014
  6. Courtney E. Smith: The 10 Best Albums Of The Decade
  7. Rolling Stone: 50 Best Albums of 2014
  8. Slant: The 100 Best Albums of the 2010s
  9. Guardian: 40 Best Albums of 2014
  10. A.V. Club: 20 Best Albums of 2014
  11. Time Out London: 30 Best Albums of 2014
  12. Pretty Much Amazing: 60 Best Albums of 2014
  13. Rolling Stone: 100 Best Albums of the 2010s
  14. Billboard: The 100 Greatest Albums of the 2010s
  15. Stereogum: 50 Best Albums of 2014
  16. Consequence of Sound: Top 100 Albums of the 2010s
  17. Pitchfork: Top 50 Albums of 2014
  18. NME: Greatest Albums of the Decade
  19. Uproxx: The Best Albums of the 2010s
  20. Paste: The 100 Best Albums of the 2010s
  21. Stereogum: The 100 Best Albums Of The 2010s

 

 

and before you mention TD being #14 on Billboard’s 100 Greatest Albums of the 10’s list while 1989 is #19, Taylor’s “Red” is #4 on that very same list.

Edited by WeFoundTrouble
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

get a life. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
WeFoundTrouble
9 minutes ago, Track10 said:

get a life. 

Lmaoooo I can tell you’re upset. you can’t call something a blueprint then get mad when you’re proven wrong :laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IStanHard said:

No one cares, he had hits before BOMT. Just because BOMT was his biggest song at the time, doesn't mean people working with him is her impact. Those BSB singles had high peaks in every single country too :rip:

 

Despite her increased media coverage nowadays, she has ZERO albums doing more than 1M daily streams, so yeah her music is largely forgotten nowadays.

 

AOTY-winning 1989 is way more a defining album to Max's career than Britney's collection of panned writing camp'd teen pop albums, sorry the truth hurts.

Obviously, you do care.

Yet, Max only had two top 5 hits before BOMT and pre-BOMT BSB hits only manages to score a few #1s worldwide:rip:

You come up with some arbitrary milestones to make your point when she has two of the most streamed female songs of the 2000s. Toxic and Gimme More routinely get 500K daily streams. People don't causally stream album tracks from 20-year-old albums? Color me shocked.       

 

So, you are proud of 1989 stealing AOTY from a black artist? Not surprised:biblio: 

OIDA had 72 points on Metacritic, and pop music was more hated by critics when it was released (hence, it had a less inflated score). In fact, it's one of the most acclaimed female pop albums of that period and was nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album.         

7 hours ago, IStanHard said:

2014 year end list:

#16 1989

 

2020 year end list:

#19 After Hours

 

2016 year end list:

N/A Dangerous Woman

 

2000 year end list:

N/A OIDIA

 

Try again Britney Spears fan :rip:

 

7 hours ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Acclaim isn’t just about Metacritic, it’s about Year End lists as well. 

What year-end lists are you referring to? :rip:

After Hours 

Cleveland.com Best Albums of 2020
1
Complex The Best Albums of 2020
1
Entertainment Weekly The 15 Best Albums of 2020
2
Uproxx The Best R&B Albums of 2020
2
Billboard The 50 Best Albums of 2020
3
Insider The 20 Best Albums of 2020
3
Highsnobiety The 20 Albums That Saved 2020
4
Variety The Best Albums of 2020
4
Vulture The Best Albums of 2020
4
Gaffa (Sweden) The Best Albums of 2020
5
Idolator The 70 Best Pop Albums of 2020
6
People Top 10 Albums of 2020
8
Us Weekly 10 Best Albums of 2020
8
Flood Magazine The Best Albums of 2020
9
Gaffa (Denmark) The 20 Best Foreign Albums of the Year
9
Good Morning America 50 Best Albums of 2020
9
Slant Magazine The 50 Best Albums of 2020
9
PopSugar Best Albums of 2020
10
Link to post
Share on other sites
WeFoundTrouble
4 minutes ago, Brishka said:

Obviously, you do care.

Yet, Max only had two top 5 hits before BOMT and pre-BOMT BSB hits only manages to score a few #1s worldwide:rip:

You come up with some arbitrary milestones to make your point when she has two of the most streamed female songs of the 2000s. Toxic and Gimme More routinely get 500K daily streams. People don't causally stream album tracks from 20-year-old albums? Color me shocked.       

 

So, you are proud of 1989 stealing AOTY from a black artist? Not surprised:biblio: 

OIDA had 72 points on Metacritic, and pop music was more hated by critics when it was released (hence, it had a less inflated score). In fact, it's one of the most acclaimed female pop albums of that period and was nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album.         

 

What year-end lists are you referring to? :rip:

After Hours 

Cleveland.com Best Albums of 2020
1
Complex The Best Albums of 2020
1
Entertainment Weekly The 15 Best Albums of 2020
2
Uproxx The Best R&B Albums of 2020
2
Billboard The 50 Best Albums of 2020
3
Insider The 20 Best Albums of 2020
3
Highsnobiety The 20 Albums That Saved 2020
4
Variety The Best Albums of 2020
4
Vulture The Best Albums of 2020
4
Gaffa (Sweden) The Best Albums of 2020
5
Idolator The 70 Best Pop Albums of 2020
6
People Top 10 Albums of 2020
8
Us Weekly 10 Best Albums of 2020
8
Flood Magazine The Best Albums of 2020
9
Gaffa (Denmark) The 20 Best Foreign Albums of the Year
9
Good Morning America 50 Best Albums of 2020
9
Slant Magazine The 50 Best Albums of 2020
9
PopSugar Best Albums of 2020
10

2020 Year End Metacritic Aggregate: https://www.metacritic.com/feature/music-critics-pick-top-10-best-albums-of-2020

 

After Hours # 16

(folklore #3 btw)


2014 Year End Metacritic Aggregate: https://www.metacritic.com/feature/critics-pick-top-10-albums-of-2014

 

1989 #6

 

Metacritic compiles all critics year end list.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
16 hours ago, SwiftLover said:

Peak ATRL delusion :ahh:

i promise you no pop girl wants to mimic Britney’s career or lack thereof 

https://www.instagram.com/p/x3Mh1YLTy9/?utm_medium=copy_link
 

Your fave literally went to a summer camp to learn performing arts from Britney Spears. Seethe :ahh: 

16 hours ago, Ribs said:

Britney fan being delusional and racist, how surprising :deadbanana4:

The way this disgusting Swiftie base continues to gaslight people and try to pretend that exposing fraudulent “sales” is racist. Y’all were real quiet when the majority of Taylor’s sales were coming from white supremacists, huh? 

15 hours ago, itsjem said:

 

Like BOMT as a song would exist even without Britney, Blank Space wouldn't without Taylor

They tried BOMT with established artists and it never happened. What delusional world do you live in where it would exist without Britney if Robyn, TLC and the BSB couldn’t make it work?

 

Btw, Blank Space wouldn’t exist without Britney, either. Taylor drew obvious inspiration and borrowed from one of her favorite artists’ list of most frequent collaborators. 

15 hours ago, IStanHard said:

Taylor hiring Max Martin is Robyn’s impact (the woman that Britney ripped off). 

The way you still have to live this lie even after getting clapped in your own thread. Sis, stop trying to rewrite history and let it go :lmao: 

14 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Daily Spotify streams

 

1989 - 2.518M

Oops!... I did it again - 569k

...Baby One More time - 506k

:bibliahh:

 

1989 will be well over 35M by its 20th year anniversary. 

Maybe you should stream her catalogue instead. 

 

Because 1989 will catch both despite your claims, just like she caught Britney's total CSPC despite your claims about Taylor not even coming close to her all this time. :zzz:

Sis, at that rate Taylor would be moving about 912,500 CSPC units per year with 1989. Even if she could maintain that pace, that would only be 11,406,250 units in 12.5 years. However, her 2.518M daily streams are boosted due to recent releases and the novelty of her record. As it continues to age and she stops releasing three albums every year, it’ll start falling.

12 hours ago, LosingHimWasBlue said:

Almost 20 years gap, omg this is embarrassing.

but no surprised it’s coming from eternium :deadbanana2:

Even with its current daily Spotify streams and YT numbers it wouldn’t touch BOMT in 12.5 years, sis. Your fave just clearly doesn’t have the range.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Brishka said:

Obviously, you do care.

Yet, Max only had two top 5 hits before BOMT and pre-BOMT BSB hits only manages to score a few #1s worldwide:rip:

You come up with some arbitrary milestones to make your point when she has two of the most streamed female songs of the 2000s. Toxic and Gimme More routinely get 500K daily streams. People don't causally stream album tracks from 20-year-old albums? Color me shocked.       

 

So, you are proud of 1989 stealing AOTY from a black artist? Not surprised:biblio: 

OIDA had 72 points on Metacritic, and pop music was more hated by critics when it was released (hence, it had a less inflated score). In fact, it's one of the most acclaimed female pop albums of that period and was nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album.         

There really isn't that big of a difference between the peaks of those BSB singles and BOMT. Max made hits before and after Britney, she didn't do **** for him. 

 

An album doing 1M daily streams is not some sort of arbitrary milestone. All of her peers except Christina have an album doing at least 1M daily for a reason. And Gimme More saw a resurgence due to the #FreeBritney movement, it was doing less than 200K daily before that which is why it barely has 200M streams on Spotify in total.

 

1989 won AOTY fair and square, while Britney couldn't even win Max a Grammy. OIDIA is panned and has gotten no retrospective acclaim which is why it didn't make the 2000 aggregate year-end list or make it to the 2000s decade-end list.

 

43 minutes ago, Brishka said:

What year-end lists are you referring to? :rip:

After Hours 

Cleveland.com Best Albums of 2020
1
Complex The Best Albums of 2020
1
Entertainment Weekly The 15 Best Albums of 2020
2
Uproxx The Best R&B Albums of 2020
2
Billboard The 50 Best Albums of 2020
3
Insider The 20 Best Albums of 2020
3
Highsnobiety The 20 Albums That Saved 2020
4
Variety The Best Albums of 2020
4
Vulture The Best Albums of 2020
4
Gaffa (Sweden) The Best Albums of 2020
5
Idolator The 70 Best Pop Albums of 2020
6
People Top 10 Albums of 2020
8
Us Weekly 10 Best Albums of 2020
8
Flood Magazine The Best Albums of 2020
9
Gaffa (Denmark) The 20 Best Foreign Albums of the Year
9
Good Morning America 50 Best Albums of 2020
9
Slant Magazine The 50 Best Albums of 2020
9
PopSugar Best Albums of 2020
10

albumoftheyear.org compiles all year-end lists and releases an aggregate ranking. 1989 made it higher in its year than After Hours did. So yes, 1989 remains Max's most ACCLAIMED album because it isn't a corny panned teen pop writing camp'd album.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

2020 Year End Metacritic Aggregate: https://www.metacritic.com/feature/music-critics-pick-top-10-best-albums-of-2020

 

After Hours # 16

(folklore #3 btw)


2014 Year End Metacritic Aggregate: https://www.metacritic.com/feature/critics-pick-top-10-albums-of-2014

 

1989 #6

 

Metacritic compiles all critics year end list.

This doesn't make any sense.

They have roughly the same number of points (33) and both topped 4 lists. 

Their placement doesn't matter since 2020 was more competitive with major releases such as FTBC.

What makes you think that 1989 was more acclaimed when After Hours has a higher MC score? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Eternium said:

The way you still have to live this lie even after getting clapped in your own thread. Sis, stop trying to rewrite history and let it go :lmao: 

 

A site full of Britney stans saying Britney created Max when he was making hits before her career started and after her career ended don't change the truth.

 

And yes, 1989 will easily surpass BOMT. This is about the LONG GAME. Two years ago, you were telling us Taylor's career was over and she would never pass Britney in units. Now she's already caught up despite the streaming era disadvantaging how fast she accumulates units.

 

I mean Lover is on track to double Femme Fatale's CSPC despite you saying it would never be as big. You are NOT a reliable source. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Brishka said:

This doesn't make any sense.

They have roughly the same number of points (33) and both topped 4 lists. 

Their placement doesn't matter since 2020 was more competitive with major releases such as FTBC.

What makes you think that 1989 was more acclaimed when After Hours has a higher MC score? 

 

Aggregate 2010s Decade End List:

 

https://www.metacritic.com/feature/best-albums-of-the-decade-2010s

 

#15 RED

#16 1989

 

Aggregate 2020 Year End List:

 

#13 After Hours

 

Two Taylor albums both got the same ranking for an overall decade that After Hours got for a singular year. You need to stop being delusional and hiding behind black artists (we know you're a Trump supporter) just because you can't accept that 1989 outacclaimed Britney's entire career.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, IStanHard said:

Aggregate 2010s Decade End List:

 

https://www.metacritic.com/feature/best-albums-of-the-decade-2010s

 

#15 RED

#16 1989

 

Aggregate 2020 Year End List:

 

#13 After Hours

 

Two Taylor albums both got the same ranking for an overall decade that After Hours got for a singular year. You need to stop being delusional and hiding behind black artists (we know you're a Trump supporter) just because you can't accept that 1989 outacclaimed Britney's entire career.

Well it’s over

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, IStanHard said:

There really isn't that big of a difference between the peaks of those BSB singles and BOMT. Max made hits before and after Britney, she didn't do **** for him. 

 

An album doing 1M daily streams is not some sort of arbitrary milestone. All of her peers except Christina have an album doing at least 1M daily for a reason. And Gimme More saw a resurgence due to the #FreeBritney movement, it was doing less than 200K daily before that which is why it barely has 200M streams on Spotify in total.

 

1989 won AOTY fair and square, while Britney couldn't even win Max a Grammy. OIDIA is panned and has gotten no retrospective acclaim which is why it didn't make the 2000 aggregate year-end list or make it to the 2000s decade-end list.

 

albumoftheyear.org compiles all year-end lists and releases an aggregate ranking. 1989 made it higher in its year than After Hours did. So yes, 1989 remains Max's most ACCLAIMED album because it isn't a corny panned teen pop writing camp'd album.

Everybody was Martin's biggest pre-BOMT hit. It hit #1 in three countries and #4 in the U.S. It was a moderate hit but not resounding success. Now, let's compare it to BOMT's peaks: 

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1998–1999) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[145] 1
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[146] 1
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[147] 1
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[148] 1
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[149] 1
Denmark (Tracklisten)[152] 1
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[153] 1
Europe (European Radio Top 50)[154] 1
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[155] 1
France (SNEP)[156] 1
Germany (Official German Charts)[157] 1
Greece (IFPI)[158] 1
Ireland (IRMA)[161] 1
Italy (Musica e dischi)[162] 1
Italy (AirPlay)[163] 1
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[164] 1
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[165] 1
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[166] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[167] 1
Scotland (OCC)[168] 1
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[169] 1
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[170] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[171] 1
UK Indie (OCC)[172] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[41] 1


It DID put his name on the map no matter. 

 


Why do you have to lie like that? 
 

"fair and square" 

Grammys 2016: Nobody can believe Kendrick Lamar didn't win Album or Record of the Year https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/grammys-2016-no-one-can-believe-kendrick-lamar-didn-t-get-album-or-record-year-a6876446.html
Why Kendrick Lamar deserves to win Album of the Year over Taylor Swift https://www.chicagotribune.com/redeye/redeye-kendrick-lamar-taylor-swift-grammy-album-20160209-story.html
Kendrick Lamar and the Grammys’ hip-hop problem — twice as good still isn’t enough https://www.theverge.com/2016/2/17/11024174/kendrick-lamar-grammys-hip-hop
Kendrick Lamar Lost Album of the Year, But He Won the Grammys https://www.vulture.com/2016/02/kendrick-won-the-grammys.html

She was EVISERATED by the press and her fans were exposed as a bunch of racists. 

It's literally an acclaimed Grammy-nominated album. If you say "panned" three more times, it won't make it true.

 

It was slightly higher than "After Hours" on YE lists, but the former got better initials reviews (which actually matters) 

   

Edited by Brishka
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brishka said:

Everybody was Martin's biggest pre-BOMT hit. It hit #1 in three countries and #4 in the U.S. It was a moderate hit but not resounding success. Now, let's compare it to BOMT's peaks: 

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (1998–1999) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[145] 1
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[146] 1
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[147] 1
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[148] 1
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[149] 1
Denmark (Tracklisten)[152] 1
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[153] 1
Europe (European Radio Top 50)[154] 1
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[155] 1
France (SNEP)[156] 1
Germany (Official German Charts)[157] 1
Greece (IFPI)[158] 1
Ireland (IRMA)[161] 1
Italy (Musica e dischi)[162] 1
Italy (AirPlay)[163] 1
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[164] 1
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[165] 1
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[166] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[167] 1
Scotland (OCC)[168] 1
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[169] 1
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[170] 1
UK Singles (OCC)[171] 1
UK Indie (OCC)[172] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[41] 1


It DID put his name on the map no matter. 

 


Why do you have to lie like that? 
 

"fair and square" 

Grammys 2016: Nobody can believe Kendrick Lamar didn't win Album or Record of the Year https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/grammys-2016-no-one-can-believe-kendrick-lamar-didn-t-get-album-or-record-year-a6876446.html
Why Kendrick Lamar deserves to win Album of the Year over Taylor Swift https://www.chicagotribune.com/redeye/redeye-kendrick-lamar-taylor-swift-grammy-album-20160209-story.html
Kendrick Lamar and the Grammys’ hip-hop problem — twice as good still isn’t enough https://www.theverge.com/2016/2/17/11024174/kendrick-lamar-grammys-hip-hop
Kendrick Lamar Lost Album of the Year, But He Won the Grammys https://www.vulture.com/2016/02/kendrick-won-the-grammys.html

She was EVISERATED by the press and her fans were exposed as a bunch of racists. 

It's literally an acclaimed Grammy-nominated album. If you say "panned" three more times, it won't make it true.

 

It was slightly higher than "After Hours" on YE lists, but the former got better initials reviews (which actually matters) 

   

Everybody went top 10 in every country except Iceland and France, it was a certified smash. Backstreet Boys and Robyn put Max on the map, not Britney.

 

1989 being a controversial win does not change the fact that it was a fair and square win, what do you want me to say? She was going through a hate train because of overexposure just like Britney was getting ripped apart by the press back in the day. Britney has never even gotten NOMINATED for AOTY, so either way your ridculous argument falls apart.

 

And no, 1989 wasn't just "slightly higher" than After Hours, it was way higher as seen by its decade end positions matching After Hours' year end positions. Initial reviews have been massively inflated in recent years, seen by Lover being Taylor's highest scoring album until Folklore, and Chromatica being Gaga's highest scoring album ever.

 

It's clear you know nothing about acclaim Britney stan, stick to discussing wig colors or choreography sequences from 20 years ago :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, IStanHard said:

Everybody went top 10 in every country except Iceland and France, it was a certified smash. Backstreet Boys and Robyn put Max on the map, not Britney.

 

1989 being a controversial win does not change the fact that it was a fair and square win, what do you want me to say? She was going through a hate train because of overexposure just like Britney was getting ripped apart by the press back in the day. Britney has never even gotten NOMINATED for AOTY, so either way your ridculous argument falls apart.

 

And no, 1989 wasn't just "slightly higher" than After Hours, it was way higher as seen by its decade end positions matching After Hours' year end positions. Initial reviews have been massively inflated in recent years, seen by Lover being Taylor's highest scoring album until Folklore, and Chromatica being Gaga's highest scoring album ever.

 

It's clear you know nothing about acclaim Britney stan, stick to discussing wig colors or choreography sequences from 20 years ago :rip:

Going top 10 in almost every country where it was released doesn't equal topping the charts in every single country. I have no idea whether you are simply trolling or genuinely cannot grasp the difference between a moderately successful song and a monster hit like Baby One More Time:deadbanana2: It feels almost humiliating to explain such basic things to someone. 


Robyn:deadbanana2:? Ok, I get it, you are actually trolling now. She has been flopping throughout her entire career and had zero appeal in the U.S. Jive would have made a dramatic mistake if they had signed her. OBHs keep saying that any pop girl would have succeeded with Martin's production, but Robyn, 5ive, Jessica Folcker, Leila K, Solis HarmoniE and DeDe have all failed to score a hit for some reason.    

Not when her win actually sparked accusations of racial bias in Grammy Awards. She was going through a hate train because she is the definition of white mediocrity that won against a black artist who released an actually acclaimed album with a basic pop album that has rehashed an old formula successfully applied by Katy Perry's Teenage Dream.  
 

80 > 76:sorry: Not to mention that Blinding Lights has already overshadowed all 1989 hits. It will be end up being more acclaimed and more remembered than those grating songs for prepubescent girls that were spammed on the radio ad nauseam.     
  
It's funny how you use "Britney stan" as something derogatory while stanning Taylor Swift. The complete lack of self-awareness is astounding.  

Edited by Brishka
Link to post
Share on other sites
ithinkheknowsoutsold

For the deluded minds saying 1989 will not surpass BOMT, it's doing about 175K CSPC units monthly according to Chartmasters. Even in 2019, well before she released Lover, the album was doing 130K CSPC units per month. Even if drops down to 100K units per month, it's gonna end up with ~35M+ CSPC by the time it's BOMT's age, and that is without even factoring the rerecordings that will rightfully be counted as part of the original album's CSPC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ATRL Moderator

I think 1989 is so average compared to Reputation but apparently generic bops are what the GP wanted. :michael:

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Brishka said:

Going top 10 in almost every country where it was released doesn't equal topping the charts in every single country. I have no idea whether you are simply trolling or genuinely cannot grasp the difference between a moderately successful song and a monster hit like Baby One More Time:deadbanana2: It feels almost humiliating to explain such basic things to someone. 


Robyn:deadbanana2:? Ok, I get it, you are actually trolling now. She has been flopping throughout her entire career and had zero appeal in the U.S. Jive would have made a dramatic mistake if they had signed her. OBHs keep saying that any pop girl would have succeeded with Martin's production, but Robyn, 5ive, Jessica Folcker, Leila K, Solis HarmoniE and DeDe have all failed to score a hit for some reason.    

Not when her win actually sparked accusations of racial bias in Grammy Awards. She was going through a hate train because she is the definition of white mediocrity that won against a black artist who released an actually acclaimed album with a basic pop album that has rehashed an old formula successfully applied by Katy Perry's Teenage Dream.  
 

80 > 76:sorry: Not to mention that Blinding Lights has already overshadowed all 1989 hits. It will be end up being more acclaimed and more remembered than those grating songs for prepubescent girls that were spammed on the radio ad nauseam.     
  
It's funny how you use "Britney stan" as something derogatory while stanning Taylor Swift. The complete lack of self-awareness is astounding.  

Literally no one cares that BOMT was bigger than Everybody, Everybody was still a smash and Max's first one at that. Britney didn't create any sort of print with Max considering she was going into his studio with the album he made for Robyn and asking him to produce an album like that for her, it's so embarrassing for you to still cling to this delusion that anyone working with Max is Britney's impact :rip:

 

Britney has zero talent in her body, why are you talking about white mediocrity? Taylor was going through a hate train because of overexposure, nowadays she's rightfully celebrated by the media for her talent and songwriting. When was the last time Britney made headlines for her talent? And 1989 was nothing like Teenage Dream.

 

Let me summarize this for you. Taylor gave Max Martin an AOTY while Britney couldn't even win him a Grammy and has never been nominated for AOTY in her life.

 

What part of Metacritic inflation do you not understand? Do you also think Lover is more acclaimed than 1989 because it has a higher Metacritic score? Blinding Lights being bigger than any 1989 song does not change the fact that 1989 is more acclaimed than After Hours and Britney's entire panned discography.

 

Yes, being a Britney stan (who made a career off of copy pasting a black woman's career) and attempting to drag actually talented artists is the definition of sad, and I will keep pointing it out Britney stan :rip:

 

 

Edited by IStanHard
Link to post
Share on other sites
Artistofthedecade
8 hours ago, Eternium said:

Sis, at that rate Taylor would be moving about 912,500 CSPC units per year with 1989. Even if she could maintain that pace, that would only be 11,406,250 units in 12.5 years. However, her 2.518M daily streams are boosted due to recent releases and the novelty of her record. As it continues to age and she stops releasing three albums every year, it’ll start falling.

You are wrong. Last year, 1989 moved 117k units monthly according to chartmaster which means 1.4M units yearly. 

At this rate, it will catch both before decade ends. 

 

And the number i used is from last year. It is even doing more right now. If you claim "it will drop to old numbers", it would still be on par with 117k monthly units i used. 

 

And last studio album she released was almost 8 months ago and last re-release was 3.5 months ago so boost is not a thing at this point but like i said, even with numbers of last year, this decade. :heart:

 

Also by then, Fearless will catch OIDIA too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
7 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

You are wrong. Last year, 1989 moved 117k units monthly according to chartmaster which means 1.4M units yearly. 

At this rate, it will catch both before decade ends. 

 

And the number i used is from last year. It is even doing more right now. If you claim "it will drop to old numbers", it would still be on par with 117k monthly units i used. 

 

And last studio album she released was almost 8 months ago and last re-release was 3.5 months ago so boost is not a thing at this point but like i said, even with numbers of last year, this decade. :heart:

 

Also by then, Fearless will catch OIDIA too. 

The number I posted was as of May 2021, sis. If you really think Taylor is going to continue doing the same amount in catalog units as she and her catalog age and she stops releasing so frequently, you're in for quite a shock. Feel free to bump this in 12.5 years with those receipts, though :lmao:

13 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

For the deluded minds saying 1989 will not surpass BOMT, it's doing about 175K CSPC units monthly according to Chartmasters. Even in 2019, well before she released Lover, the album was doing 130K CSPC units per month. Even if drops down to 100K units per month, it's gonna end up with ~35M+ CSPC by the time it's BOMT's age, and that is without even factoring the rerecordings that will rightfully be counted as part of the original album's CSPC.

So you honestly think in 7 years, when Taylor's 38, the album is over a decade old and she's not releasing as much, she's going to be pulling the same catalog numbers she's doing as when she's pumping out 3 albums a year, 10 singles, a live album re-release and announcing another album in November? Do you not understand how new releases affect catalog sales? Like I don't get what's not clicking for you girlies.

13 hours ago, Reinvention said:

I think 1989 is so average compared to Reputation but apparently generic bops are what the GP wanted. :michael:

Reputation is miles ahead of 1989 sonically.

15 hours ago, IStanHard said:

A site full of Britney stans saying Britney created Max when he was making hits before her career started and after her career ended don't change the truth.

Off-topic, sis. You already got clapped in your thread trying to prove that other artists were responsible for Max's explosion. Here's a quote from Steven Lunt, the BSB's own A&R, talking about how BOMT changed the sound of music that was being submitted to their joint record label.

 

It was the first No. 1 single for Spears, Martin and Yacoub, and would spawn countless soundalikes in its wake. “Being in A&R, I had every songwriter in the world trying to submit songs for Britney,” Lunt recalls of the period following “Baby.” “It’s amazing how songwriters who never wrote like that before in their lives were suddenly writing things that sounded like they were Swedish.”

 

Why did nobody submit songs like that after Ace of Base? Robyn? BackStreet Boys? If you want to get dragged, do it in your own thread where it's on-topic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Artistofthedecade
31 minutes ago, Eternium said:

The number I posted was as of May 2021, sis.

I don't know what type of number you posted but mine was Chartmaster's last update and 1989's increase in last 7 months until then(820k). 

 

It will surpass OIDIA next year btw. 

 

31 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Feel free to bump this in 12.5 years with those receipts, though :lmao:

Don't worry, it won't take 12.5 years. :keir:

31 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Do you not understand how new releases affect catalog sales? Like I don't get what's not clicking for you girlies.

Yes we do but maybe you don't. 7 months album DON'T boost catalogue numbers. Boosts don't last that long. 

As an example, you can check Ariana's numbers. Her albums doing pre-Positions numbers right now. 

 

Some artists just have timeless catalogue so they do very well over time. Lover is doing better than it was doing 2 months ago(1.5 month after Fearless TV release). Maybe it is because of the song she released month a-

Oh wait, she didn't release anything. :laugh:

 

A week before Fearless TV

 

 

Numbers now

 

 

Her catalogue is actually doing less than pre-Fearless TV numbers. But sure, must be Fearless TV effect. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...