Jump to content

Billboard: "1989 is Max Martin's defining work"


Recommended Posts

State of Grace.
49 minutes ago, Ribs said:

Britney fan being delusional and racist, how surprising :deadbanana4:

:rip: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • IStanHard

    10

  • Brishka

    10

  • Virtual_Insanity

    7

  • ithinkheknowsoutsold

    5

Wtf is that comparison, I'm sorry I love Britney but she resang Max Martin demos while Taylor actually wrote the songs, brought them to Max and they would finish them together. It's a different kind of work

 

Like BOMT as a song would exist even without Britney, Blank Space wouldn't without Taylor, and that is NOT to diminish Britney's work (I love her) i already can see you trying to say this. BOMT wouldn't have been the same without Britney's iconic delivery. It's just different, that's all, that's not a fair comparison

Link to post
Share on other sites
Safe&Sound

The last true monumental pop era

anything was perfectly timed, arranged, paired

Max smart production and Taylor's genius lyric = Pop smash guarantee

Link to post
Share on other sites
Komet blu

Very true, 1989 is a masterpiece + one the defining pop albums of our generation :clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
IStanHard
8 hours ago, Brishka said:

Swifties getting brave when she basically pulled a Britney copycat with 1989:deadbanana2: A blonde pop girl with Max Martin-produced bubblegum pop songs.  

 

Your fave wouldn't be anywhere near her level of success without the Britney blueprint. 

 

There is nothing embarrassing about two diamond albums:clap3:

Taylor hiring Max Martin is Robyn’s impact (the woman that Britney ripped off). 

 

OT: Of course, it’s an AOTY-winning smash album, there is no other option. Especially a forgotten dated panned teen pop album.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Arcadius

I don’t think anyone can deny this especially since it’s his most critically successful work and also his work that has aged the best. :clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Artistofthedecade
12 hours ago, Eternium said:

A shame it flopped in comparison.

 

…Baby One More Time - 31,662,000

Oops!…I Did It Again - 23,807,000

1989 - 19,778,000*

 

The Billboard listicle was limiting it to releases this century (so either 1/1/00-on or 1/1/01-on). Maybe you should be focused on the producer that your fave popularized barely making the top 50.

 

* includes free Chinese downloads.

Daily Spotify streams

 

1989 - 2.518M

Oops!... I did it again - 569k

...Baby One More time - 506k

:bibliahh:

 

1989 will be well over 35M by its 20th year anniversary. 

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

If you girlies are this mad, please feel free to buy another copy of 1989 on iTunes. Not my fault her peak couldn’t outdo Britney’s nor was she able to take Max Martin to the same heights :michael: 

Maybe you should stream her catalogue instead. 

 

Because 1989 will catch both despite your claims, just like she caught Britney's total CSPC despite your claims about Taylor not even coming close to her all this time. :zzz:

Link to post
Share on other sites
SwiftLover
1 hour ago, Brishka said:

Then Taylor should have stuck to her yee-haw image instead of trying to be a pop princess and copying everything Britney did a decade ago with 1989:rip: 

1989 and whatever Britney did sound nothing alike. 

I know it's hard to comprehend since being blonde + having a pop producer is the extent of your fave's "artistry" :clown:

QnJFCo.gif

 

1 hour ago, Ribs said:

Britney fan being delusional and racist, how surprising :deadbanana4:

IMG_20210527_101722.thumb.jpg.c9c05d622b

 

Edited by SwiftLover
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eternium said:

 

 

If you girlies are this mad, please feel free to buy another copy of 1989 on iTunes. Not my fault her peak couldn’t outdo Britney’s nor was she able to take Max Martin to the same heights :michael: 

 

The girlies are laughing at your delusion.

 

In any case Taylor’s 1988 not only gave Max a string of #1 hits off a same record and the best selling pop album of the last decade, but it also gave max an AOTY win for a pure pop album, which was unprecedented and really opened the door for poptimism like never before.

 

In Taylor, Max found an equal in lyricism and architecture of a song, as well as a true collaborative partner, not just a girl who shows up and sings the songs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brishka
19 minutes ago, SwiftLover said:

1989 and whatever Britney did sound nothing alike. 

I know it's hard to comprehend since being blonde + having a pop producer is the extent of your fave's "artistry" :clown:

QnJFCo.gif

 

IMG_20210527_101722.thumb.jpg.c9c05d622b

 

The anger:deadbanana2:

Imagine posting insensitive GIFs about Britney just because her pop career was copied by your fave.

 

She basically took Britney's music video director (Joseph Kahn), her producer (Max Martin), her looks, etc.   

 

The way Taylor always looks like a cheaper version of the blueprint:deadbanana2:

Everything about her just screams yee-haw.  


britney taylor - youtube

 

britney taylor 3

ONTD Original: How Taylor Swift Snatched Britney Spears' Pop Team and  Imitated Her Career: ohnotheydidnt — LiveJournal

composite_15089789558629.jpg

 

A true fan:clap3:

 

Britney Spears olvida que en dos ocasiones conoció a Taylor Swift 

Link to post
Share on other sites
LosingHimWasBlue
14 hours ago, Eternium said:

A shame it flopped in comparison.

 

…Baby One More Time - 31,662,000

Oops!…I Did It Again - 23,807,000

1989 - 19,778,000*

 

The Billboard listicle was limiting it to releases this century (so either 1/1/00-on or 1/1/01-on). Maybe you should be focused on the producer that your fave popularized barely making the top 50.

 

* includes free Chinese downloads.

Almost 20 years gap, omg this is embarrassing.

but no surprised it’s coming from eternium :deadbanana2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
LosingHimWasBlue
14 minutes ago, Brishka said:

The anger:deadbanana2:

Imagine posting insensitive GIFs about Britney just because her pop career was copied by your fave.

 

She basically took Britney's music video director (Joseph Kahn), her producer (Max Martin), her looks, etc.   

 

The way Taylor always looks like a cheaper version of the blueprint:deadbanana2:

Everything about her just screams yee-haw.  


britney taylor - youtube

 

britney taylor 3

ONTD Original: How Taylor Swift Snatched Britney Spears' Pop Team and  Imitated Her Career: ohnotheydidnt — LiveJournal

composite_15089789558629.jpg

 

A true fan:clap3:

 

Britney Spears olvida que en dos ocasiones conoció a Taylor Swift 

Made cheaper version? Nah Taylor upgrading and the style looking EXPENSIVE. 
 

OT : Max Martin and 1989. Truly monumental. Acclaimed and Success JUMPED OUT! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
JawBreaker

 

5 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Daily Spotify streams

 

1989 - 2.518M

Oops!... I did it again - 569k

...Baby One More time - 506k

:bibliahh:

 

1989 will be well over 35M by its 20th year anniversary. 

Maybe you should stream her catalogue instead. 

 

Because 1989 will catch both despite your claims, just like she caught Britney's total CSPC despite your claims about Taylor not even coming close to her all this time. :zzz:

Ohhh wow :celestial5:

 

It must be hard to witness Taylor surpassing their fave on their precious website. And doing so in way less time :gaycat6: When it's all said and done Taylor's career will be 2x as big I fear. :dancehall2: 

 

OT: I see no lies told. Taylor gave him his first ever grammy afterall.

Like others said  1989 is HIS magnum opus but not Taylor's. 

 

Edited by JawBreaker
Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine saying Taylor was mimicking Britney with 1989 :deadbanana: i'll give you the Bad Blood music video tho (parts of it).

Link to post
Share on other sites
IStanHard
49 minutes ago, Brishka said:

The anger:deadbanana2:

Imagine posting insensitive GIFs about Britney just because her pop career was copied by your fave.

 

She basically took Britney's music video director (Joseph Kahn), her producer (Max Martin), her looks, etc.   

 

The way Taylor always looks like a cheaper version of the blueprint:deadbanana2:

Everything about her just screams yee-haw.  


britney taylor - youtube

 

britney taylor 3

ONTD Original: How Taylor Swift Snatched Britney Spears' Pop Team and  Imitated Her Career: ohnotheydidnt — LiveJournal

composite_15089789558629.jpg

 

A true fan:clap3:

 

Britney Spears olvida que en dos ocasiones conoció a Taylor Swift 

Joseph Kahn and Max Martin were massive way before Britney debuted and were still successful long after she fell off. I know you’re desperate for your fav to have impact, but it’s just embarrassing to act like she made them popular.

 

Britney didn't invent red hair, laying in a bathtub of diamonds, circus themes (which she copied from Christina B2B era), or snakes. Once again, the desperation for your fave to have impact is showing.

Britney had a cute moment during 1999-2003, people don’t remember her music like that anymore. Taylor has long surpassed her in every metric including quality which is why she won a Grammy for both Max and Joseph while Britney never could.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brishka
28 minutes ago, IStanHard said:

Joseph Kahn and Max Martin were massive way before Britney debuted and were still successful long after she fell off. I know you’re desperate for your fav to have impact, but it’s just embarrassing to act like she made them popular.

 

Britney had a cute moment during 1999-2003, people don’t remember her music like that anymore. Taylor has long surpassed her in every metric including quality which is why she won a Grammy for both Max and Joseph while Britney never could.

I know that you are desperate to diminish Britney's impact, rewrite history, make disgusting comments about her conservatorship and mental health, but Max Martin wasn't *massive* before Britney's debut. 

There is a reason why Baby One More Time is the first #1 single in his production discography in the U.S. It was his first monster hit. He had a few hits with BSB (Quit Playing Games, Everybody), but they were not even remotely as big as BOMT, which topped charts in every country where it was released. I Want It That Way smashed AFTER BOMT.    
     

Not remember? Toxic is the third most streamed song of 2004 (after She Will Be Loved and Yeah!). She has five songs that average more than 300K streams per day (Womanizer is also close).  

Your blind hatred prevents you from thinking clearly and seeing through the undeniable facts.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
queenoftheclouds

Will this change after the re-record drops? Will he produce this version too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
SwiftLover
1 hour ago, JawBreaker said:

 

Ohhh wow :celestial5:

 

It must be hard to witness Taylor surpassing their fave on their previous website. And doing so in way less time :gaycat6: When it's all said and done Taylor's career will be 2x as big I fear. :dancehall2: 

 

OT: I see no lies told. Taylor gave him his first ever grammy afterall.

Like others said  1989 is HIS magnum opus but not Taylor's. 

 

Cleared 

 

IMG_20210527_101722.thumb.jpg.c9c05d622b

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rhiannon

I KNEW certain fanbase would fume:deadbanana: embarrassing tbh.

 

1989 it's max's best and most acclaimed work ever, so yeah I have to agree with BB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
PopThatCorn

I didn’t even know Britney fans used her first two albums aside from the lead singles, why are y’all pretending it’s Max Martin’s defining work?  :deadbanana4:
 

Baby One More Time is probably Max’s defining song but as far as albums/body of works go Billboard seems to be right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brishka
9 minutes ago, Rhiannon said:

I KNEW certain fanbase would fume:deadbanana: embarrassing tbh.

 

1989 it's max's best and most acclaimed work ever, so yeah I have to agree with BB.

His most acclaimed album is "After Hours." It would have won AOTY if it wasn't for the Grammy snub. The fact that Taylor stole AOTY from Kendrick Lamar doesn't automatically make 1989 Martin's most acclaimed album.     

"Dangerous Woman" also has the same MC score as 1989. OIDIA is only four points lower. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brishka said:

His most acclaimed album is "After Hours." It would have won AOTY if it wasn't for the Grammy snub. The fact that Taylor stole AOTY from Kendrick Lamar doesn't automatically make 1989 Martin's most acclaimed album.     

"Dangerous Woman" also has the same MC score as 1989. OIDIA is only four points lower. 

Acclaim isn’t just about Metacritic, it’s about Year End lists as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brishka said:

I know that you are desperate to diminish Britney's impact, rewrite history, make disgusting comments about her conservatorship and mental health, but Max Martin wasn't *massive* before Britney's debut. 

There is a reason why Baby One More Time is the first #1 single in his production discography in the U.S. It was his first monster hit. He had a few hits with BSB (Quit Playing Games, Everybody), but they were not even remotely as big as BOMT, which topped charts in every country where it was released. I Want It That Way smashed AFTER BOMT.    
     

Not remember? Toxic is the third most streamed song of 2004 (after She Will Be Loved and Yeah!). She has five songs that average more than 300K streams per day (Womanizer is also close).  

Your blind hatred prevents you from thinking clearly and seeing through the undeniable facts.   

No one cares, he had hits before BOMT. Just because BOMT was his biggest song at the time, doesn't mean people working with him is her impact. Those BSB singles had high peaks in every single country too :rip:

 

Despite her increased media coverage nowadays, she has ZERO albums doing more than 1M daily streams, so yeah her music is largely forgotten nowadays.

 

AOTY-winning 1989 is way more a defining album to Max's career than Britney's collection of panned writing camp'd teen pop albums, sorry the truth hurts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brishka said:

His most acclaimed album is "After Hours." It would have won AOTY if it wasn't for the Grammy snub. The fact that Taylor stole AOTY from Kendrick Lamar doesn't automatically make 1989 Martin's most acclaimed album.     

"Dangerous Woman" also has the same MC score as 1989. OIDIA is only four points lower. 

2014 year end list:

#16 1989

 

2020 year end list:

#19 After Hours

 

2016 year end list:

N/A Dangerous Woman

 

2000 year end list:

N/A OIDIA

 

Try again Britney Spears fan :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Blank Space is a pop masterpiece.

Taylor s songwriting is really something to admire even if I’m not that much into her music in general.

 

BOMT remains his defining song because of Britney’s vocals. It just stood out sooooo much from everything.

It wasn’t #1 in every country it charted in for no reason.

Edited by frenchyisback
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...