Billboard: "1989 is Max Martin's defining work"

Feanor

2 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Britney, Nsync and BSB made Max Martin. Or he made them. But you can’t deny the source.

1989 is a classic tho :clap3:

If they made him why are sources saying his quintessential work was with Taylor? They didn’t “make” him just because they worked with him first. Max reached his final form of pop powerhouse with Taylor, I’d say that’s more impactful :clap3:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IStanHard

• Brishka

• SwiftLover

• WeFoundTrouble

• #FreeBritney Activist
Just now, luckythisway said:

If they made him why are sources saying his quintessential work was with Taylor? They didn’t “make” him just because they worked with him first. Max reached his final form of pop powerhouse with Taylor, I’d say that’s more impactful :clap3:

Yea but there would be no 1989 without Britney and the pop wave he worked with before Taylor.

• #FreeBritney Activist

I have to laugh at a certain user's posts here :oh:

Trent, some girls wont learn

ot: Her most radio-perfect album after all

She truly knew what she needed to do after Red and that was to push Max to make every song from the formula book

top 3 albums from her

39 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

I have to laugh at a certain user's posts here :oh:

Trent, some girls wont learn

ot: Her most radio-perfect album after all

She truly knew what she needed to do after Red and that was to push Max to make every song from the formula book

top 3 albums from her

The shade in this post :toofunny3:

OT: Congrats to Taylor :clap3:

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 hour ago, Pop said:

It's great, but his work with Britney and N*Sync outstomped :giraffe:

I think they just meant for the 2010s, when Britney is free and pairs with max whew we arent ready:WAP:

• #FreeBritney Activist
2 hours ago, luckythisway said:

Absolutely no lies detected. 1989 is one of the greatest pop albums ever made. “Britney created Max Martin” my arse 

tenor.gif

A shame it flopped in comparison.

…Baby One More Time - 31,662,000

Oops!…I Did It Again - 23,807,000

1989 - 19,778,000*

The Billboard listicle was limiting it to releases this century (so either 1/1/00-on or 1/1/01-on). Maybe you should be focused on the producer that your fave popularized barely making the top 50.

* includes free Chinese downloads.

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

1989 - 19,778,000*

The Billboard listicle was limiting it to releases this century (so either 1/1/00-on or 1/1/01-on). Maybe you should be focused on the producer that your fave popularized barely making the top 50.

Not you comparing numbers from albums released 20 years ago to an album released 6 years ago :rip:

• #FreeBritney Activist
2 hours ago, Eternium said:

1989 - 19,778,000*

Not a 20 year gap:bibliahh:

2 hours ago, Eternium said:

1989 - 19,778,000*

This embarrasing comparison :deadbanana2:

Swifties getting brave when she basically pulled a Britney copycat with 1989:deadbanana2: A blonde pop girl with Max Martin-produced bubblegum pop songs.  

Your fave wouldn't be anywhere near her level of success without the Britney blueprint. 

1 hour ago, Mau ® said:

There is nothing embarrassing about two diamond albums:clap3:

11 hours ago, luckythisway said:

Because Billboard is one opinion

Other publications have other opinions

• #FreeBritney Activist
Underclass King

Billboard is truly trying to destroy every shred of credibility they have with this assertion and the BTS fraudulence on their charts. :deadbanana4:

• #FreeBritney Activist
9 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Not you comparing numbers from albums released 20 years ago to an album released 6 years ago :rip:

8 hours ago, Starchild said:

Not a 20 year gap:bibliahh:

8 hours ago, Mau ® said:

If you girlies are this mad, please feel free to buy another copy of 1989 on iTunes. Not my fault her peak couldn’t outdo Britney’s nor was she able to take Max Martin to the same heights :michael: 

6 hours ago, Brishka said:

Swifties getting brave when she basically pulled a Britney copycat with 1989:deadbanana2: A blonde pop girl with Max Martin-produced bubblegum pop songs.  

Let’s not forget that she also got Joseph Kahn as a video director so she could recycle some of Britney’s looks and original music video concepts. It shouldn’t be surprising, though, since she went to the Britney Spears Performing Arts Camp all the way back in 2003.

7 hours ago, Brishka said:

Your fave wouldn't be anywhere near her level of success without the Britney blueprint. 

There is nothing embarrassing about two diamond albums:clap3:

Peak ATRL delusion :ahh:

i promise you no pop girl wants to mimic Britney’s career or lack thereof 

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 minute ago, SwiftLover said:

Have you been living under a rock? :rip:

10 hours ago, Eternium said:

1989 - 19,778,000*

Britney fan being delusional and racist, how surprising :deadbanana4:

51 minutes ago, SwiftLover said:

Then Taylor should have stuck to her yee-haw image instead of trying to be a pop princess and copying everything Britney did a decade ago with 1989:rip: