Billboard: "1989 is Max Martin's defining work"

Feanor

Taylor-Swift-1989-Cover-Standard.jpg

From their recent "50 Best Music Producers of the 21st Century" article, where Billboard has chosen Max Martin's as the best producer of the century:

Defining Work: Taylor Swift’s 1989, one of the biggest albums of the 2010s, convincingly finishing the job that Martin had started with Swift on the RED singles "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and "I Knew You Were Trouble" -- turning a country superstar into the biggest pop artist on the planet. With three Hot 100 No. 1 singles (all co-produced by Martin) and an album of the year Grammy, 1989 was a monumental achievement for all achieved, and highlighted Martin’s run of dominance.

An AOTY winning classic :clap3: 

EDIT: Billboard also highlights "Blank Space" in his piece:

E62YKLTX0AAevp7?format=jpg&name=large

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

Edited by Feanor
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IStanHard

• Brishka

• SwiftLover

• WeFoundTrouble

Just now, enchanted0 said:

I mean 1989 is literally the peak of the radio-ready mainstream pop music so they didn’t necessary lie

Right. They took the most mainstream, marketable girl the industry has seen and paired her with one of the masters of the genre. No wonder even non-swift fans love the record. 

I see no lies. An Album of the Year winning smash album with multiple classics. :WAP: 

A certain fanbase can't stand it dd. :dies: 

“He told me: ‘So whenever I have a female artist come into my studio, they usually put your album on the table, and they’re like: “I wanna make this!””

20 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

This. 

it’s not even in her top 5 albums.

Red

folklore (mw, epiph, hoax are skips while 1989 has 0) 

Speak Now

Fearless

Lover

evermore (virtually an unlistenable snooze, & I absolutely adore folklore) 

Taylor Swift 

tenor.gif

• #FreeBritney Activist
10 minutes ago, luckythisway said:

Absolutely no lies detected. 1989 is one of the greatest pop albums ever made. “Britney created Max Martin” my arse 

tenor.gif

Britney, Nsync and BSB made Max Martin. Or he made them. But you can’t deny the source.

1989 is a classic tho :clap3: