Is Camila really hated by the "GP" or is it just ATRL?

jaceface

Camila Cabello  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Is she hated by the GP or just ATRL?

• #FreeBritney Activist

She really doesn't seem that problematic to me at all aside from the racist posts she made as a teenager at 14-15.

For the past two years, she seems to have been minding her business being happy with her boyfriend, not really doing anything to warrant any hate.

In fact, most of time she posts on Instagram, it's to spread awareness to racial and humanitarian causes.

Whether or not it's performative, I don't know since I don't know her personally.

But she's doing a lot more than some of ATRL's faves, performative or not.

So does the GP actually hate Miss Cabello or is it just ATRL?

:giraffe:

Edited by jaceface
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jaceface

• Scars

• bliaz

• KillingYourCareer

Top Posters In This Topic

It's clearly just the angry ATRLers. But most of them already hated her back in 2016, then just jumped on using the "racist" card to spread hate towards her. :gaycat6: And honestly, I completely understand black people not liking her after that and not forgiving her, but the white twinks that don't care about the issue, the fact that she's trying to make things right, and then they just use this drag to often target her ethnicity and personal life is the worrying part. :gaycat6:

• #FreeBritney Activist

I never liked her but I could at least listen to her music. After all the exposé, I completely stopped. I won't be giving an ounce of support to a woman who hate black people like me. Either way, I think it goes both ways. She went to some healing sessions, didn't she? So this clearly blew up and some people in the general public have this concept of hers. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
3 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

She has #1s no?

C6TeBy5.gif

Yeah but those were before she dropped the album and the posts resurfaced in 2019 when she dropped Romance.

• #FreeBritney Activist
Just now, Illuminati said:

Has Camila ever gone viral for something that's not straight up calling her out

She went viral just last week for her anti-bodyshaming I think.

Idk correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time she was called out on a huge scale was when she released Romance :psyduck: but that was two years ago

Only ATRL hates that girl. The misogyny is brutal. The girl has a huge audience outside of this hate bubble, she's listened to by 30 million people monthly on Spotify alone and her posts always get millions of likes. She's fine, I don't think she cares what a bunch of frustrated homosexuals think of her. 

it’s a running inside joke in atrl and twitter. nobody in the real world knows her name or even who she is 

C6TeBy5.gif

Edited by Nemo
  • #FreeBritney Activist

The GP only knows her as the Havana lady and the girl in all the L’oréal commercials. I just asked both of my parents if they know who Camila is and they said no, but they somehow know Olivia. 

16 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

It's clearly just the angry ATRLers. But most of them already hated her back in 2016, then just jumped on using the "racist" card to spread hate towards her. :gaycat6: And honestly, I completely understand black people not liking her after that and not forgiving her, but the white twinks that don't care about the issue, the fact that she's trying to make things right, and then they just use this drag to often target her ethnicity and personal life is the worrying part. :gaycat6:

This tea

• #FreeBritney Activist
7 minutes ago, bliaz said:

Only ATRL hates that girl. The misogyny is brutal. The girl has a huge audience outside of this hate bubble, she's listened to by 30 million people monthly on Spotify alone and her posts always get millions of likes. She's fine, I don't think she cares what a bunch of frustrated homosexuals think of her. 

She had two huge hits before she got called out. I think she cares about what "a bunch of frustrated homosexuals" think of her since she went to healing sessions and even discussed that on an interview for some magazine months ago. Why are we acting as if she's above all this? :toofunny3:

KillingYourCareer
18 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Absolutely. Those people clearly don't care about the issue at all if the only time they mention it is against a popstar they dislike, rather than doing something to call out people being racist currently or even more recently than a whole decade ago :dies:

12 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

This! Most of he people here who are hating her are white/European and don’t really care about racism at all, especially when they display their own racism all the time.

But they just attempt to weaponize it as an excuse to bully and deflect onto Camilla, since they stan Camilla’s peers, who have their own past with racism, that they’re not willing to admit. It’s not genuine at all.

21 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

100% this.

• #FreeBritney Activist
20 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

1 minute ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Absolutely. Those people clearly don't care about the issue at all if the only time they mention it is against a popstar they dislike, rather than doing something to call out people being racist currently or even more recently than a whole decade ago :dies:

I genuinely believe that it's misogyny and also the fact that she's dating Shawn. Some gays are just bitter he's with a woman.

If we were to uncover all of the things ATRLers have said in their teens, I bet a lot of them would be shutting up right now