Jump to content

Lorde... its getting weird


DesiredConsternation

Recommended Posts

halcyonday
1 minute ago, Starchild said:

A marina "stan" but you put mitski up

Cuz you chose this as your avi? I just find it funny that you come for someone that helped your fave Marina gain audience back in 2012.

Mitski_Pitchfork-033.thumb.jpg.25c4fec44

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Starchild

    14

  • VeniceBeach

    13

  • Squall

    7

  • NOW

    6

SitarHero

Thank god Daddy's Home and COCC came out first I guess

Link to post
Share on other sites
ontherocks

The bitterness of the last standing Marinara And The Potato stan in here when it comes to Lana :lmao:

Link to post
Share on other sites
truthteller

it's just the Antonoff universe and yall have to deal with it

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know who's more to blame here, Jack for his lazy productions or Lorde for being so uninspired :monkey: Disappointing all around

Link to post
Share on other sites
alejandreaux
21 minutes ago, Slayn said:

The climax of solar power near the end of the song sound sounds exactly like the melody of "not getting what you neeeeeed" from chorus of ATHP. Listen again. This violation was worse than Stoned and Lana's work.

 

I don't know how to feel, because the songs are great, it's just getting a little repetitive. And Lorde seems to be getting the short end of the stick here because she was the last one to release...

they hit the same note on the beginning of the chorus/outro and that’s literally it :rip: aside from the “neeeeed” and first syllable of “soooooolar” the melodies cascade into different places. if they were to present this in court it would need to be more than one note being the same on the chorus for it to be considered plagiarism. :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pendulum
1 hour ago, HausOfGerard said:

Lorde has always been a Lana rip off.

what did I just read :ahh:

 

32 minutes ago, Starchild said:

A marina "stan" but you put mitski up, nice try, but no. why dont you go defend all your coincidentally racist faves or something 

NAURRRRR :ahh: gather that Camila stan

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

They need to drop him ASAP. He's run his course :deadbanana4:

 

 

ok Solar Power comparisons are a reach, but this is very similar :skull:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
Starchild
53 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Cuz you chose this as your avi? I just find it funny that you come for someone that helped your fave Marina gain audience back in 2012.

Mitski_Pitchfork-033.thumb.jpg.25c4fec44

Again, marina is not my "fave" :deadvision: I just like 2 albums and half of the new one i bought recently. And marina debuted before lana, again Lana is not some creative genius and I wouldnt go after her if her fans didnt run to literally any other girls threads(taylor,lorde,marina, etc) claiming they all stole from her when Thats obviously not the case

Link to post
Share on other sites
VeniceBeach
2 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Again, marina is not my "fave" :deadvision: I just like 2 albums and half of the new one i bought recently. And marina debuted before lana, again Lana is not some creative genius and I wouldnt go after her if her fans didnt run to literally any other girls threads(taylor,lorde,marina, etc) claiming they all stole from her when Thats obviously not the case

Taylor called Lana her favorite lyricist of all time and the most influential artist of the last decade. Of course she IS inspired by Lana. And you will read many Solar Power album reviews mentioning NFR!, good luck with trying to ignore that
Mitski_Pitchfork-033.thumb.jpg.25c4fec44

Link to post
Share on other sites
lostcause
57 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Its the way her stans act like she invented a genre when she stole most of her stuff or just copied old music :deadvision:theres not an ounce of originality in her or her try hard lyrics 

It’s so delusional. Lanas fans thinking she originated anything is ironic, considering her career to this day has been built upon the repackaging of old sounds and selling nostalgia. Regina Spektor, Joni Mitchell, Laura Marling, Angel Olsen, Vashti Bunyan, Neil Young, Simon & Garfunkel, Nick Drake, Lou Reed, Nico, Paul Simon, Cat Power, Joan Baez, the Beatles, Fiona Apple, Karen O, Julee Cruise, and Fleet Foxes are just some of the countless acts who have experimented with this sound far before Norman ****ing Rockwell/ Chemtrails were even thoughts. Some of you need to expand your music consumption if the first thing you hear listening to SATNS is Lana :deadvision:
 

Since 2013, Lana fans come off as extremely threatened by Lordes existence. It seems exhausting :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites
VeniceBeach
1 minute ago, lostcause said:

It’s so delusional. Lanas fans thinking she originated anything is ironic, considering her career to this day has been built upon the repackaging of old sounds and selling nostalgia. Regina Spektor, Joni Mitchell, Laura Marling, Angel Olsen, Vashti Bunyan, Neil Young, Simon & Garfunkel, Nick Drake, Lou Reed, Nico, Paul Simon, Cat Power, Joan Baez, the Beatles, Fiona Apple, Karen O, Julee Cruise, and Fleet Foxes are just some of the countless acts who have experimented with this sound far before Norman ****ing Rockwell/ Chemtrails were even thoughts. Some of you need to expand your music consumption if the first thing you hear listening to SATNS is Lana :deadvision:
 

Since 2013, Lana fans come off as extremely threatened by Lordes existence. It seems exhausting :rip:

NFR! is the first album in that genre released among popular pop girls of this generation, she's a trendsetter and literally every folklore review mentioned Lana and NFR!'s impact, just like with the newest Clairo album. I know you're suffering
MqeY6ML.thumb.png.9f1fe9237500980e06277e

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pendulum
7 minutes ago, VeniceBeach said:

Taylor called Lana her favorite lyricist of all time and the most influential artist of the last decade. Of course she IS inspired by Lana. And you will read many Solar Power album reviews mentioning NFR!, good luck with trying to ignore that
Mitski_Pitchfork-033.thumb.jpg.25c4fec44

:ahh:

 

do you not remember when Lorde was starting out, she dragged the **** out of Lana and her lyrics

 

“She’s great, but I listened to that Lana Del Rey record and the whole time I was just thinking it’s so unhealthy for young girls to be listening to, you know: ‘I’m nothing without you,’” Lorde said. “This sort of shirt-tugging, desperate, don’t leave me stuff. That’s not a good thing for young girls, even young people, to hear.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pendulum

sit and watch Pitchfork give SP a 9.6

 

MqeY6ML.thumb.png.9f1fe9237500980e06277e

 

their basement can burn if they dont

Link to post
Share on other sites
ahauntingnearu

The way people exclusively blame Jack for everything - as if Lana, Lorde, Taylor and Annie aren't directly involved in their music's end-to-end process. It's almost a disservice to their integrity to **** on him alone and not them at all :deadbanana2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
VeniceBeach
2 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

sit and watch Pitchfork give SP a 9.6

 

MqeY6ML.thumb.png.9f1fe9237500980e06277e

 

their basement can burn if they dont

Good luck getting that 9.6 without Best New Track given to either SP or Stoned :giraffe:

Thinking of 8.5 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ampersand13

For the people claiming Lorde has ‘always been a Lana rip off’ how are Pure Heroine or Melodrama remotely similar to any of Lana’s discography? Legitimately, they sound nothing alike. This newer material is a different story, but let’s not act like Lorde has never had any artistic integrity. Melodrama alone is one of the most acclaimed records of the last several decades.

 

I do think that it wasn’t wise to make an entire second record solely with Jack. It’s not that he isn’t talented or capable of making a great piece of work (NFR) but it’s never a bad thing to try out different collaborators. I personally think Taylor has had the best relationship with Jack in terms of keeping things as diverse as possible while working within the confines of pop. 

 

I think some of the hate Lorde is receiving is a little unfair and is directly coming from people who already decided to write her off and are using this as an excuse to tear her down. I’m not saying every piece of criticism she’s getting right now is unwarranted. I do think, however, it’s pretty easy to tell who is genuinely critiquing her latest efforts and who is jumping aboard the hate train and adding nothing constructive to the conversation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Roberto
5 hours ago, Squall said:

No ATRL and Twitter just need to stop acting like Lana invented music, this woman is boring af, Lorde isn’t.

None of them are boring. Sit while Lana gets ripped-off by some of your faves. :gaycat4:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Labyrinth

 Jack is talented but he is very much a one trick pony and not innovative. Free my girl Lorde from his chains! :chick3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
Starchild
4 hours ago, ontherocks said:

The bitterness of the last standing Marinara And The Potato stan in here when it comes to Lana :lmao:

Like i said nice try, im not marina "stan", she isnt even close to being my favorite artist but since yall only talk about pop "indie" girls on here shes someome I like for that genre. I almost got thread banned for criticizing her lyrics, unlike you and almost all Lana stans im not a deluded person that tells off anyone that has any sort of criticism towards her and runs around all the girls threads screaming "LanA her ImpacT". Focus On cocc spending 4 weeks on the chart or her QFTC rant

MqeY6ML.thumb.png.9f1fe9237500980e06277e

 

3 hours ago, lostcause said:

It’s so delusional. Lanas fans thinking she originated anything is ironic, considering her career to this day has been built upon the repackaging of old sounds and selling nostalgia. Regina Spektor, Joni Mitchell, Laura Marling, Angel Olsen, Vashti Bunyan, Neil Young, Simon & Garfunkel, Nick Drake, Lou Reed, Nico, Paul Simon, Cat Power, Joan Baez, the Beatles, Fiona Apple, Karen O, Julee Cruise, and Fleet Foxes are just some of the countless acts who have experimented with this sound far before Norman ****ing Rockwell/ Chemtrails were even thoughts. Some of you need to expand your music consumption if the first thing you hear listening to SATNS is Lana :deadvision:
 

Since 2013, Lana fans come off as extremely threatened by Lordes existence. It seems exhausting :rip:

Exactly, I didnt even criticize her until her fans started running around claiming everyone copied her. The fact her only popular album is btd and her fans hate it as if the rest of her discog is some Avant gard style musicianship is hillarious 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Roberto said:

None of them are boring. Sit while Lana gets ripped-off by some of your faves. :gaycat4:

She didn't invent anything and no one copies her :rip: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark Horse

melodrama was honestly just overhyped. but lorde was always seen as a lana rip off, esp circa de 2013 on tumblr.

and lately she's been pulling a lot from carly rae jepsen since melodrama

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...