The DCEU Base | The Suicide Squad trailer!

ainadalkaz

Another live action GL movie with Hal Jackson doesn't excite me at all.  Mark Strong was wasted on the first one, even though he was one of the few highlights as Sinestro.  Mark could have saved BvS as Lex.

MV5BMTA2MzAyMDc2NTheQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDUz

If this project is supposed to be about the "Corps" Then, I hope it's an ensemble. We don't need another Hal Jordan origin story.  

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Unforgiving

• xrosup

• ALA

• BoyLikeYouSuxx

2 hours ago, uhoh-ohno said:

Another live action GL movie with Hal Jackson doesn't excite me at all.  Mark Strong was wasted on the first one, even though he was one of the few highlights as Sinestro.  Mark could have saved BvS as Lex.

If this project is supposed to be about the "Corps" Then, I hope it's an ensemble. We don't need another Hal Jordan origin story.  

It's been described as "Lethal Weapon" in space with Hal and Jon and other Corps members. But I have no faith in the project due to the screenwriter not writing anything good in almost a decade.

6 hours ago, Ares said:

It's been described as "Lethal Weapon" in space with Hal and Jon and other Corps members. But I have no faith in the project due to the screenwriter not writing anything good in almost a decade.

So, a buddy comedy, then. So, basically, "Men in Black."  What is it about Green Lantern that makes studios want to play it for laughs? I'm not saying it should be real dark or anything, but it just seems like they would want to go in a different direction, seeing as how the last one turned out. For those interested, I highly recommend GL:The Animated Series.  It really is Bruce Timm DCAU at it's finest.  Also, if you want to see a good GL Hal Jordan origin story, watch GL: First Flight, and then watch GL: Emerald Knights for good Lantern Corps. vignettes. 

• ATRL Administrator

With the way the DCEU has been handled already, there is no way they give GLC the proper treatment it deserves. If they even continue on beyond Justice League at this point.

8 minutes ago, Lee!! said:

With the way the DCEU has been handled already, there is no way they give GLC the proper treatment it deserves. If they even continue on beyond Justice League at this point.

By the time WW comes out they will have already been a few months into AQ's production. Shazam just officially got Dwayne Johnson to play the antagonist in the movie. GCS has been fast tracked with Ayer as director.

WB is not going to stop producing these films any time soon. This is the only franchise the have besides the Potterverse, no way they're giving up on it.

• ATRL Administrator
1 minute ago, Ares said:

By the time WW comes out they will have already been a few months into AQ's production. Shazam just officially got Dwayne Johnson to play the antagonist in the movie. GCS has been fast tracked with Ayer as director.

WB is not going to stop producing these films any time soon. This is the only franchise the have besides the Potterverse, no way they're giving up on it.

Should WW and JL crash and burn, I could see them taking a step back to reassess and look into fixing what it going wrong on a large scale. Greenlighting projects down the line, even with stars attached, doesn't ensure they come to fruition. See Sinister Six, Fantastic Four 2, the last attempt at Justice League, etc. Who knows. They're still making bank on these misfires so that may be good enough for them for now.

On 1/22/2017 at 0:55 PM, maurixrosup said:

Armie Hammer

Tom Cruise

Ryan Reynolds

James Marsden

Jake Gyllenghaal

Joel McHale

Bradley Cooper

Those are the actors eyed for the Hald Jordan part. Armie Hammer > the rest

no to literally all of these. literally all. 

• ATRL Administrator
1 minute ago, AlphaOmega said:

no to literally all of these. literally all. 

Completely agree. They need to look elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Lee!! said:

Should WW and JL crash and burn, I could see them taking a step back to reassess and look into fixing what it going wrong on a large scale. Greenlighting projects down the line, even with stars attached, doesn't ensure they come to fruition. See Sinister Six, Fantastic Four 2, the last attempt at Justice League, etc. Who knows. They're still making bank on these misfires so that may be good enough for them for now.

True, but since Aquaman will already be into production I doubt they'll just pull the plug midway through. I just don't see them stopping any of these films, despite the reviews/backlash. Unlike the movies you mentioned, these are actually turning a profit. Hopefully WW is the critical success the DCEU needs!

_

Btw, I fancast Trevante Rhodes to play Jon Stewart. I don't really care about Hal.

4 hours ago, Ares said:

Suicide Squad, Academy Award and Grammy nomineé. 

Talent.

the fumes on Twitter :rip:

it's never that serious 

3 hours ago, mdnazn said:

the fumes on Twitter :rip:

it's never that serious 

dfgfdsdf 

"WHY DIDN'T DEADPOOL GET NOMINATED FOR MAKEUP AND HAIR!!!!!!11111"

Like, because Killer Croc alone >> anything in Deadpool....think y'all

Through all the BS DC has had to deal with, no one anywhere can say a movie made by James Wan will be anything less than quality. 

I was nervous about having actors like Jason & Amber leading a blockbuster film, but seeing them all sit together is iconic and the movie as a whole has significantly moved up on my anticipated list. 

Come through daddy Wan.

Edited by Queef Queen

So Flash is getting a rewrite.

This is like the third time :rip:

Anyway, it's definately not being released in 2018 unless it pulls a Suicide Squad and gets written in 6 weeks

1 hour ago, mdnazn said:

So Flash is getting a rewrite.

This is like the third time :rip:

Anyway, it's definately not being released in 2018 unless it pulls a Suicide Squad and gets written in 6 weeks

A rushed Flash script:

"What is this....some kinda Speed Force."

"Normal is a setting on the dryer, rogues like us we don't get normal!"

"I'm fast guys, it what I do!"

4 minutes ago, Kahi said:

Every morning I wake up praying Wonder Woman slays both critically and commercially.

better start praying to multiple gods :gaycat3:

The Unforgiving
On ٢٥‏/٤‏/١٤٣٨ هـ at 11:19 PM, uhoh-ohno said:

It's not just a hal jordan movie. Yes, Hal is in the film but so is John and other GLs. And thankfully Ryan isn't there to ruin the character with his douchy frat boy acting.

Edited by The Unforgiving
7 hours ago, Kahi said:

Every morning I wake up praying Wonder Woman slays both critically and commercially.

It will be sis. Trust.

From the trailers alone it looks like the strongest story so far from the DCEU. Jason Inman who actually works at DC (and not some bitch who heard from a friend of a friend) said the script is as strong the original Superman, and that's basically Patty's inspiration. So if the story stands up there's no possible reason for it to be picked apart by critics & ODCH. Except for editing I guess, but I fully trust Ms Patty to sort that out.