When exactly did Billie become OVER?

Post Malone

theintriguingone
2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

It was the (bad) image change that no one asked for. She always gave me fad vibes but that just accelerated everything 

Her album will do well because it’s had 4 months of pre-orders and the tour sold out because her last one got cancelled. You can see how the era is performing by the 5 singles she’s put out 

As i already mentioned, she’s not and has never been a singles artist so the performance of her singles doesn’t mean much. She had pre-album singles that were chart flops in her last era and the album still did incredibly well. Learn to read before quoting me, thanks. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Insanity

• Pans Labyrinth

• stevyy

• Post Malone

unclefloprry

idk maybe Lo Vas a Olvidar with the white colonizer  

• #FreeBritney Activist
EnoughSaid

Haven't a lot of big artists suffered from a weaker second era than their first? I always look at album 3, she might suffer a bit of a slump but Billie has the base where I think she will have a nice career

41 minutes ago, theintriguingone said:

As i already mentioned, she’s not and has never been a singles artist so the performance of her singles doesn’t mean much. She had pre-album singles that were chart flops in her last era and the album still did incredibly well. Learn to read before quoting me, thanks. 

She hadn’t blown up in her last era :skull: Her singles were slowly consumed over time because people were constantly discovering her. That’s not the case anymore

There’s absolutely no reason her singles should be falling off the charts after 3 weeks considering how her last album did. Singles artist or not, that’s tragic :rip:

idleavealone

She'll never be over as long as there's still plenty of weirdos like you all writing literal dissertations on her career :fan: i get it, you just can't help yourselves from checking on what she does, true fan behavior!!

PoisonPill
3 hours ago, brraap said:

Sweeping at the Grammys when your up against much larger pop artists, Ariana and Dua at their peaks etc… wasn’t gonna end well 

????

badgirlriri
4 hours ago, brraap said:

Sweeping at the Grammys when your up against much larger pop artists, Ariana and Dua at their peaks etc… wasn’t gonna end well 

Dua was hardly a bigger artist than her when EIW won ROTY, and WWAFA is bigger than TU,N. So I fail to see your point. :skull:

She's not an outsider anymore, simple as that.  She swept the GRAMMYs, had the best selling album of 2019, overwhelming critical praise, she appeared at every industry PR event, and her face was on every industry publication (Rolling Stone, Billboard, Vogue, etc. etc.) hyping her up for the past two years.  She is by definition part of the industry machine now, essentially abandoning her original image of "depressed, outsider teen making music in my bedroom with my brother" which leads one to believe her entire image was manufactured by the corporate suits since the beginning.  Of course those who understand marketing/PR already understood this but her core base bought that narrative sold to them as authentic to Billie.  Billie's current underperformance is reflective of her base rejecting the drastic image change and questioning her authenticity as an artist.

Billie isn't the best singer, doesn't have the most distinctive voice, and her brother takes the lead role with songwriting & production.  Billie is more so a muse for Finneas at this point and that's the problem.  If Billie doesn't have her distinctive image to fall back on she really doesn't have much going for her.  This is what happens when you rely too much on style opposed to substance.  It may work once or twice but it won't last forever and we can see the detrimental effects of that marketing strategy now.  

halcyonday
4 minutes ago, Tm4074 said:

She's not an outsider anymore, simple as that.  She swept the GRAMMYs, had the best selling album of 2019, overwhelming critical praise, she appeared at every industry PR event, and her face was on every industry publication (Rolling Stone, Billboard, Vogue, etc. etc.) hyping her up for the past two years.  She is by definition part of the industry machine now, essentially abandoning her original image of "depressed, outsider teen making music in my bedroom with my brother" which leads one to believe her entire image was manufactured by the corporate suits since the beginning.  Of course those who understand marketing/PR already understood this but her core base bought that narrative sold to them as authentic to Billie.  Billie's current underperformance is reflective of her base rejecting the drastic image change and questioning her authenticity as an artist.

Billie isn't the best singer, doesn't have the most distinctive voice, and her brother takes the lead role with songwriting & production.  Billie is more so a muse for Finneas at this point and that's the problem.  If Billie doesn't have her distinctive image to fall back on she really doesn't have much going for her.  This is what happens when you rely too much on style opposed to substance.  It may work once or twice but it won't last forever and we can see the detrimental effects of that marketing strategy now.  

Who allowed you to spill all the tea? :soda:You made SEVERAL points. :soda:

SwiftLover
2 hours ago, Supervillain said:

Olivia's debut

1wxWCah.gif

I have to agree. The more Olivia clicks up the more Billie clicks down 

1wxWCah.gif

Talking Fish
2 hours ago, idleavealone said:

She'll never be over as long as there's still plenty of weirdos like you all writing literal dissertations on her career :fan: i get it, you just can't help yourselves from checking on what she does, true fan behavior!!

You think you made a point but people still say this about Katy :rip:

Santhosh

Yall be looking like a clown ( as usual ) when her album smashes 

:deadbanana4: this is the funniest op I've read in awhile

ot: not even trolling, I just genuinely think Olivia took her spot. Her audience gave very much

38yapg.jpg

7 hours ago, Tm4074 said:

Wait :lakitu:

infrared

My Future was the first time I saw people dragging her, Doesnt help that each release she made got worse 

Protocol

Never, she's still one of the most talked-about artists in the world and virtually the only Gen Z artist to be a true global household name. 

She's just had a few flop singles in a row but once the album comes out and people fall in love with it all this nonsense will be left in the past. She is here to STAY.

americanlife

TikTokers decided to throw her away because they're mean-spirited people with no heart. Billie is being bullied.

CandyBling
16 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I think Lo vas a olvidar was the real beginning of the end. At least My Future could still debut decently, while that horrid song did 62-OUT and is currently being outstreamed by Katy Perry's Smile song (which is older and didn't even chart) despite #1 on TTH and "Top Latin Hits" (neither singer is a Latina) + cover.

Mind blowing if true

selena_lavigne
13 hours ago, mxoonlight said:

She really served this to release elevator music as singles

THIS the music does NOT match the imagery. the videos are BORING. the songs are BORING.

and she hyped everyone up with the vogue cover just to premiere a boring video with her sitting on a mountain nnn. 

there isn't any personality or shock value in what she's doing and thus it's flopping.

Also the production on her songs is not interesting anymore. she was on top of the 808 trend but now it just feels like she is relying on her whisper singing more than the production.

BUT

I am excited for the album and will save my final thoughts till after.

Aguilegend

The music is just boring, to be honest.

Edited by Aguilegend

I feel like it’s when she released that all the good girls go to hell video

it was the first thing she released that bored the shxt out of me

Since then I found everything she released extremely boring and uninspired

and when I started to feel that way

I realized that all her live performances were boring

like nothing happened

Edited by lcylcy