When exactly did Billie become OVER?

Post Malone

greento

I honestly think it’s just cuz the songs are bad. I really like NDA. But Your Power is just ok and not catchy enough, Lost Cause is plain terrible. :biblio:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Insanity

• Pans Labyrinth

• stevyy

• Post Malone

"they must have some faith in this track to give it a full tracking week"

:gaycat6:

TaylenaStan

Imo it was Your Power which killed the whole hype for the era.. remember how she got over 20M likes for her blonde hair pictures and everyone was excited for her to serve something completely new (like a rock era or sth)
Your Power is a cute track imo but its not even like fifth single material, it just screams album track or maybe promo track to me
I guess she still had another chance to come out with a real banger and completely different sound for her second single but Lost Cause is just ****ing boring and goes nowhere :'(

Oh well she still has a massive fanbase and the album + her tour will do well for sure. Maybe one random track will go viral, she is still big enough for that to happen

Edited by TaylenaStan
Vroom Vroom

You all should wait for the album to drop before you judge.  It will still probably be one of the most successful albums of the year 

I was surprised Billie didn’t break the internet with those underwear pics.  Maybe her fans are too fickle and don’t like change 

Afferty

Therefore I Am was a weak uptempo lead single choice, people lost interest in her after that

1 hour ago, Brando said:

u can go from innocent to sexy, it's tried and tested. but from sad/emo to sexy.. i don't think your initial audience is able to relate 

right, when you put it like that. 

It's always tricky for an artist that got famous for not selling sex to sell sex... As corny as it is, her audience loved her for being different.

Sweeping at the Grammys when your up against much larger pop artists, Ariana and Dua at their peaks etc… wasn’t gonna end well 

frenchyisback

I realized how over she was when ATRL told me she would block BTS from being #1 but then she couldn't even make the Hot100 top20... TWICE  :fan:

1 hour ago, TeemoR said:

After she shaded Gaga.

what did she say?

I read the whole essay on the op and I laughed at the “k maybe next time sunshine “ part :ahh: I hope the user involved sees it lol

Ratviolo

It all mostly comes down to the songs' quality to me: Everything I Wanted was excellent and it deservedly smashed but everything after that was either not good enough (Therefore I Am, NDA, No Time To Die), disappointing (Lo Vas A Olvidar, Your Power) or straight up bad (my future and especially Lost Cause :mazen:)

Billie Eilish is very popular but she was never meant to be a hit-maker. That’s the problem with Pop-fans, they automatically associate popularity with hit songs but it haven’t been that way for a very long time now. 

Bad Guy was an exception, the same way Born to Die was an exception for Lana. It’s just that nobody predicted Billie to blow up in the way she did. Her image and artistry hit the niche with a specific audience, which by now grew up and moved from their emo-depressional state. 

Billie will be fine. She will always be popular. She’s probably just not going to be a hitmaker.

mxoonlight

She really served this to release elevator music as singles

theintriguingone

Can y’all at least wait until the album is out to make threads like this? You’re all going to look stupid when her album smashes. Her tour has sold out and she’s never been a singles artist so i don’t know what makes you all so eager to write her off as over. A much needed reality check is on its way very soon. 

halcyonday

I knew it the moment she had to remix Bad Guy with Justin Bieber to get that #1. :gaycat6:

Jackson

I think Your Power was the wrong single. She hasn’t released anything for a while that could do well on radio. Bad single choices and the racist boyfriend/queer baiting thing did her in the most. But let’s see how the album does week 1, I don’t think she’s quite “over” yet. This album has already done better than WWAFAWDWG sans bad guy

my future and therefor i am both debuted with massive radio deals and still failed so then

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
4 hours ago, Pans Labyrinth said:

In all seriousness, it all began with the Vogue cover (her 180 image change) combined with the racist boyfriend and the 'queer baiting' scandal. Her fanbase was largely made up of depressed and bullied teenagers, SJWS and lesbians. Most of them thought she was queer because of the way she dresses so they felt betrayed when she started dating a guy and a racist one at that :rip: and then they felt she was mocking them with the 'queer baiting' ig post

THIS is the only answer!

Corona really truncated her peak because going from sweeping the Grammys, with WWAFA + Everything I Wanted serving classique longevity and then to nab the new James Bond theme song right at that high and basically spearheading a celebratory path from the Brits to the Oscars stage, was a pop culture moment.

And then the pandemic happened; James Bond was pushed back which cut that hype train down and the song burnt out, her first arena tour as a superstar had to be cancelled…

The stumbling with the droplets, the new album rollout stalling and another young superstar taking up industry oxygen has just exacerbated that problem. Her victory lap that should have cemented her spot..just didn’t happen. 

Thing is her fortunes could easily change again if people get on board the album when it drops. Goodwill is there from the music critics; her new tour sold out in a hot second thanks to pent up demand; WWAFA continues to be an evergreen era for the GP and she is still spotlighted as one of the biggest names in music. She’s young and fresh enough that setbacks like these can be shrugged off with ease as long as she finds something that sticks.

Concern should only really set in if the HTE drop as a whole gets slept on; the problem is there is enough smoke emanating at this point for just such a scenario.

It was the (bad) image change that no one asked for. She always gave me fad vibes but that just accelerated everything 

1 hour ago, theintriguingone said:

Can y’all at least wait until the album is out to make threads like this? You’re all going to look stupid when her album smashes. Her tour has sold out and she’s never been a singles artist so i don’t know what makes you all so eager to write her off as over. A much needed reality check is on its way very soon. 

Her album will do well because it’s had 4 months of pre-orders and the tour sold out because her last one got cancelled. You can see how the era is performing by the 5 singles she’s put out