When exactly did Billie become OVER?

Post Malone

dangerousalex

i wouldn’t consider her over at all. there’s still hype for HTE and it will still debut at #1 :michael:

however i’m blaming rosalía and the blonde hair as the reason for the hate train 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Insanity

• Pans Labyrinth

• stevyy

• Post Malone

• #FreeBritney Activist
Insanity
9 minutes ago, jaceface said:

Billie is not over :skull:

Enough with the dramatics

I don't even care for her and agree with this

3 minutes ago, Pans Labyrinth said:

Billie is/was huge she doesn't need to release an album every year. Most would say she needs to take a longer break because of overexposure

This could also be true... I'm not a fan of all these stand-alone songs... They are killing excitement... especially since she is not doing anything with them anymore.

TayAlison89

Y'all will be clowns when her album SMASHES and the huge Spotify numbers come in 10 days and then continues to slay for months to come. She's always been an album artist. I've never seen anything wrong with her singles performing the way they do, her only big out of the gate smash is bad guy so far.

Snatch that 250k+ debut in 2 weeks, Queen

#Marguerite Perrin from pop culture died in 2009

• #FreeBritney Activist
Insanity
3 minutes ago, Khal said:

This dissertation :deadbanana2:

People are so extra here

• #FreeBritney Activist
Insanity

If there's anything I learned on here its that just because your down doesn't make you out. 

Listentoyourheart

She just never evolved. The public gets tired of the same sound, which was already adopted by many other girls. Her new output is also lackluster, it feels like she just releases the WWAFAWDWG scraps. In general, her flame burned out too quickly and she did nothing to keep the public interested. Not to mention her main demographic which is Gen Z, who are very fickle and already moved on to Olivia.

Lost Cause made it blatant that she truly couldn't make anything stick anymore after so many tries and that she fell off hard. I didn't even check that new NDA song or whatever. She is at a point now where she has to earn the GP's attention will quality catchy songs while in the past she could get that attention by simply releasing.

Nick_317
1 hour ago, Post Malone said:

- Grammy sweep: at the 2020 ceremony, the songstress' edginess gave its fruits as she SWEPT across all main categories she was nominated in, overshadowing another MPG's peak, who in return went home empty-handed. K maybe next time, Sunshine <3

b1Fui6h.gif

This entire part I CANNOT:ahh:

imsorare

Sweeping all of these Grammys didn't do her any favours in the long run. A lot of singers were pissed off and their respective fanbases. Billie also suffered from overexposure. She did so many things in the span of two years that people started getting annoyed of her. However, I believe she can recover in the future.

Mariano
1 hour ago, Robyn. said:

It was the image change. 

Her whole shtick revolved around being sad and eccentric imagery. 

The switch was too drastic.

I kind of agree, but the switch wasn’t drastic lol :rip: she is still almost the same.

I think the pandemic really aged her whole persona so she definitely needs reinvention, but at the same time she literally became so big cuz of her persona. She was the biggest thing and then corona happened and now it feels like Bad Guy was 5 years ago nn :rip: 

Edited by Mariano
Delirious

The gifs you used especially the first one I cracked the f up 💀💀😭😭

Mikeymoonshine

She's definitely showing signs of decline but over? It's her second era, even if it totally flops (which it won't) she could still bounce back.

1 hour ago, Robyn. said:

It was the image change. 

Her whole shtick revolved around being sad and eccentric imagery. 

The switch was too drastic.

ye, that switch was too soon and made no sense. u can go from innocent to sexy, it's tried and tested. but from sad/emo to sexy.. i don't think your initial audience is able to relate 

Sad Serenade

She has some bad performing singles (Lo Vas A Olvidar, Your Power, Lost Cause) but she's not over. Her tour is sold-out.

Mr. Stratus

LUV this thread. 

For me, i was saying it even before 'My Future' came out. Her stans had actually began to say she was a touring force (she's never toured only has 2 albums out) and that just didn't seem right to me.

ultimately i believe for all the industry push she got as if she was set up for life with doign one sound, it has now backfired. had corona not come into play, theres a chance she'd have got that Oscar for james bond. She's totally over rated and although her album will serve longeviy on charts she will really struggle to come back just in the same way katy perry did.

EDbzDtM.jpg

DiamondHoe

What is this Lo Vas A Olvidar song ?? literally never heard of it

ot: ironically Billie is over due to much the same issues as Katy - unchanging sound that worked well at first then fell out of favour (Billie's emo whisper pop/Katy's bubblegum empowering pop). Much like Katy, Billie also had an image change that felt out of character (emo to sexy/carefree to "woke")

HPE is in danger of being a Witness - flop singles but still respectable album debut + tour... that ultimately leaves a once-promising career in the dust 

Her career is similar to Meghan Trainor tbh. The drastic image changes were the downfall.