When exactly did Billie become OVER?

Post Malone

Most people believe it to be Lost Cause, but there lowkey were signs of floppage much earlier. What was the moment that the GP started switching on her? Let's find out!

1wxWCah.gif

- Everything I Wanted: Her first release post-WWAFA. It wasn't a Bad Guy (with Justin Bieber) sized smash, but still was a hit and loved by the GP, fans and critiques alike, winning ROTY later. Everything was going right... for now. good 4 her!

jf4rtfW.gif

- Grammy sweep: at the 2020 ceremony, the songstress' edginess gave its fruits as she SWEPT across all main categories she was nominated in, overshadowing another MPG's peak, who in return went home empty-handed. K maybe next time, Sunshine <3

b1Fui6h.gif

- No Time To Die: Released Feb 2020, the song debuted atop TTH and then the Spotify charts. However, it did pretty poorly in the long run. In mere weeks it left both the Spotify top 200 and the H100 after falling 50 positions by the week. As of today it stalled just above 300M streams, less than most WWAFA non-single album tracks. 

2NaDVQR.gif

- My Future: Released July 2020, it was a pretty much the first outright BOMB in her career. It debuted at #1 on TTH (as usual with the singer), and #6 on the H100 and top 5 on Spotify WW, which was cute - but it kept falling uncontrollably with each update without stopping until it left both charts in an amount of weeks you can count on one hand. A year later, it only has just above 200M streams, which is about half the streams her non-singles from WWAFA have. Decline much?

Tumblr: Image

- Therefore I Am: a return to form for the "I wanna end me" songstress. The song was loved by fans and liked by the GP as it resembled the sound she was going for with her first album - some see it as Bad Guy (with Justin Bieber) 2.0. Moderate hit, however had a frontloaded debut as its debut week at #2 was its only week in the top 10. As of today, after 6 months on TTH, the song is sitting pretty with 435m streams, long gone from the Spotify charts though.

EDbzDtM.jpg

- Lo Vas A Olvidar (with ROSALIA): This one's good y'all. You probably forgot all about this #1-on-TTH-plus-cover, non-SOLO single, as no one seems to want to acknowledge the existence of this song ever since the release week. In January 2021, the singer debuted a collaboration with singer ROSALIA for the Euphoria soundtrack. Despite being plastered all over TTH and the biggest Latin playlists, which was the market they aimed for, the song did absolutely nothing to the GP basically anywhere in the world - it has 0 (ZERO) certifications (when in many Latin countries certs are automatic). Despite having a MV released the same day, its H100 chart run was just 62-OUT, and its Spotify streams seem to be REFUSING to move over the 70M range even 6 months later. A slap in the face to Interscope for all the cheques gone to waste.

Lnxykkk.gif

- Your Power: The beginning of the Happier Than OEver era. Expectations were over the roof. Hype maximized, the song debuted with over 6M on Spotify. However, it was clear the song's magical superpowers of putting the listener to sleep wasn't the lead single material fans and the GP were expecting. Hence, as the days of the first week went by, the song lost steam and slowed down much, while also failing to take off on radio as planned considering the grandiose radio deals Interscope BAGGED her. When it was time to debut on the H100, it first was announced to be #8 - however, Billboard quickly fixed the chart to put Billie down at #10. Maybe they investigated some FRAUDulence behind the scenes?

SgM2PIq.gif

And then Lost Cause came by and the rest... is history! Her career included, it seems.

#Marguerite Perrin from pop culture died in 2009

So, what was the moment Billie started being OVER, in your opinion?

tfESnQJ.gif

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robyn.

• Insanity

• Pans Labyrinth

• stevyy

Top Posters In This Topic

• #FreeBritney Activist

Her only true hit was Bad Guy. Everything else was just careful media  PR and being in cahoots with the Grammy committee. 

People are just catching up to the tea now, you can't fake it forever. 

This is a very comprehensive rundown of the circumstances surrounding the "my boobs are bigger than yours" tiktoker :celestial5: It's tempting to blame it on the image change and the accusations of racism but it seems the "might seduce your dad type" songstress was already well on her way to this struggle :celestial5:

KillingYourCareer

I think Lo vas a olvidar was the real beginning of the end. At least My Future could still debut decently, while that horrid song did 62-OUT and is currently being outstreamed by Katy Perry's Smile song (which is older and didn't even chart) despite #1 on TTH and "Top Latin Hits" (neither singer is a Latina) + cover.

When she shaded Gaga :gaygacat1:

In all seriousness, it all began with the Vogue cover (her 180 image change) combined with the racist boyfriend and the 'queer baiting' scandal. Her fanbase was largely made up of depressed and bullied teenagers, SJWS and lesbians. Most of them thought she was queer because of the way she dresses so they felt betrayed when she started dating a guy and a racist one at that :rip: and then they felt she was mocking them with the 'queer baiting' ig post

It's ... these long waits in between albums and promo campaigns and being present ... and of course a tad bit character... as she comes across a bit pretentious and unlikeable... 

All of this combined... and you are in for a disaster. 

Nothing can top Lost Cause in my opinion and the racism scandal but the question is: Is she really over? I mean, her tour was all sold out and let's see how her album debuts first. 

1 minute ago, stevyy said:

It's ... these long waits in between albums and promo campaigns and being present ... and of course a tad bit character... as she comes across a bit pretentious and unlikeable... 

All of this combined... and you are in for a disaster. 

Long wait? Her last album was released in 2019 and then throughout 2020 she continued releasing singles and droplets and her sophomore is coming this year. There's barely any gap between her releases. I'd say she's very active and present

2 minutes ago, Pans Labyrinth said:

Long wait? Her last album was released in 2019 and then throughout 2020 she continued releasing singles and droplets and her sophomore is coming this year. There's barely any gap between her releases. I'd say she's very active and present

especially in the beginning of a career... you basically need your first 2 albums being ready... and should release yearly... not many people can survive a 2,5 years break in between.

Disclaimer: i love her, still excited for the album 

-

it all started when atrl OGH dragged gaga with billies receipts, that **** never ends well

also all the singles have been nothing special

lost cause is terrible, nda is bleh, same for TIA

your power and my future were cute  but not hit material 

Just now, stevyy said:

especially in the beginning of a career... you basically need your first 2 albums being ready... and should release yearly... not many people can survive a 2,5 years break in between.

Billie is/was huge she doesn't need to release an album every year. Most would say she needs to take a longer break because of overexposure