Kanye West - ‘Donda’

legendofthetour

1 hour ago, psychodj said:

This is beyond being a perfectionist, this is unprofessional at this point. This has happened too many times, and the quality (in my opinion), keeps decreasing with every release. :ace:

Doing the absolute most. Why can’t these artists just finish the album before announcing anything?

Agreed. I seriously hate when an artist debuts a new era/new music but refuse to have the full project ready on time. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EarStyle

• Daydream

• legendofthetour

• Blackthorn

Apparently he's been in the stadium since Thursday still working on the album.

• #FreeBritney Activist
7 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

There's just far too much music out there to listen to that I really can't be bothered to check for someone who decides to keep tweaking a half-baked album that shouldn't have been announced in the first place :coffee2:

Hopefully everyone else enjoys it... whenever it drops  :matty: 

I feel you

5 hours ago, DirtyPony87 said:

This is almost exactly me. I used to be a huge stan. Was obsessed by Yeezus. Been less and less impressed with every subsequent release.

Same here about the old part. And the slashed part. Boo Boo the Clown behavior.

Yup yup yup

4 hours ago, Green said:

But why? Drake will block him easily  :deadbanana2: 

3 hours ago, EarStyle said:

Yeah I don't understand the reasoning. 

I think it’s more about the impact within the Hip-Hop community and less about sales.

Drake will easily sell more but if he and Ye drop on the same day, the conversation within the Hip-Hop community will be split and everyone will be debating who has the better album. And because Kanye is Kanye, and Drake is Drake, the conversation will be more in favour of Kanye, regardless of who’s album is actually better.

Plus, the two of them dropping on the same day will probably increase Kanye’s sales, almost like another 50 Cent vs Kanye West type moment.

Also, Kayne just seems to have a strange obsession with Drake lol.

35 minutes ago, truthteller said:

now give me the round jacket and i can forgive this mess

The presale for the jacket opened on Thursday. Closed today it seems. It was $200.

www.gap.com/yeezy 

18 minutes ago, sxhunluv said:

y'all where can i torrent it?

there isn’t anything to torrent 

Finally getting a good listen to the stream from the other night. 

24/You're Gonna Be Ok (ft. Sunday Service Choir & Vory) - This could actually be good with actual verses instead of Kanye mumbling singing. It's actually a good Gospel song and can be very touching and motivational. It doesn't need to be this long and repetitive. 

South Carolina (ft. Tony Williams & Pusha T) - I like the Donda West intro. I like Ye and Pusha going back and forth on the verse. Don't mind this one. 

Junya Watanabe (ft. Playboi Cardi) - He can leave this one off. Way too repetitive. 

Remote Control - Love the production on this one. Kind of 808s. Once again I'd love an actual rap verse on here. Drake, 2 Chainz, or Big Sean would kill this beat too. 

Praise God (ft. Baby Keem & Travis Scott) - Would be nice for Kanye to be added lol. Literally no Kanye on this song. This could've fit on Cruel Summer.

Never Abandon Your Family/Welcome To My Life - The 808s mumble singing....barely can understand a word he's saying lol. Looking at the lyrics...this must've been emotional for Kim and Ye this night. "Im losing my family". Very emotional having Donda repeat "No matter what you never abandon your family" 

Hurricane (ft. Lil' Baby & KayCyy) - This song has been in the works for years and years for Yandhi and Donda. I see he's finally holding on and added Lil' Baby like he wanted. This could probably work as a single if it's reworked a little. 

Moon (ft. Don Toliver) - This was one of the songs I could actually hear the night of the stream when I was with my neighbors. The production and lyrics moved me a bit. This would've been a dope interlude or outro on MBDTF. 

Jonah/Shoulder To Lean On (ft. Lil Durk & Vory) - Didn't expect to hear profanity lol. I like this, but it would be good to have a verse or something from Ye. 

Pure Souls (ft. Roddy Rich) - This one has potential. Ye's verse can be reworked a bit. 

New Again - Nice beat. Verse was kinda wack.

We Made It (ft. Pop Smoke) - Unnecessary since Tell The Vision is out on Pop's album. Stuff like this I just don't understand. Like why put this on the album when another version just came out.

I Know God Breathed On This (ft. Vory) - Wait. This is a bop. Azealia Banks would kill this. I really hope this is on the final version (if we ever get Donda tbh) 

No Child Left Behind (ft. Vory) - Pretty much what we already heard in the Beats commercial with Sha'Carri. 

Heaven and Hell/Jail (ft. Francis and the Lights & Jay-Z) - What a surprise. Love the guitar driven production. Need less repetitive lyrics. Jay-Z and Ye back. What a beautiful moment. 

----

Album as it stands 5.5/10

Looking forward to hopefully hearing some improvements, new features, reworked Ye verses, and maybe some of the tracks that were played at Las Vegas that folks spoke highly of. 

Did Kanye EVER actually say it was meant to be released on Friday? Or was it only coming from other people/rumours? Because I don't remember Kanye ever explicitly saying that it was supposed to come out. So people's outrage is probably unjustified. I mean Kanye hasn't even said August 6th, yall are listening to random people on twitter (however close they are to Kanye is regardless - it's still not come from the horse's mouth) so people better not get pressed on August 6th if it's not here.

Edited by Daydream

14 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Did Kanye EVER actually say it was meant to be released on Friday? Or was it only coming from other people/rumours? Because I don't remember Kanye ever explicitly saying that it was supposed to come out. So people's outrage is probably unjustified. I mean Kanye hasn't even said August 6th, yall are listening to random people on twitter (however close they are to Kanye is regardless - it's still not come from the horse's mouth) so people better not get pressed on August 6th if it's not here.

The release date is in the beats commercial he helped produce. 

Just now, EarStyle said:

The release date is in the beats commercial he helped produce. 

Oh right ok then yeah I understand the frustration now. :rip:

I can wait a lil while anyway. I've been rediscovering Kanye's back catalogue recently and getting my life to MBDTF and TLOP all over again. :jonny5:

46 minutes ago, Brando said:

She here yet? 

Supposed to be August 6th now. 

From the livestream, I can already tell this album will give me life. A new strong entry in his Top 3. 

19 minutes ago, Lorde Von Vok said:

From the livestream, I can already tell this album will give me life. A new strong entry in his Top 3. 

Outside him being late asf the livestream was amazing!

5 minutes ago, Devin said:

Outside him being late asf the livestream was amazing!

Is it really Kanye without some scam-esque behavior beforehand? :giraffe: Still perched to stream like crazy.

What was you're favorite part ?

Spoiler

The HOV feature for me :jonny5: Also Kanye falling to his knees and getting in his feelings :jonny5:

3 minutes ago, Lorde Von Vok said:

Is it really Kanye without some scam-esque behavior beforehand? :giraffe: 

Well you have a point there.

image2.thumb.gif.3d7e05d02ec7f2f78aa0b87b7fa9d731.gif

Honestly every part was my favorite part glad to see him and all the real hip hop stars returning!

On 7/24/2021 at 8:50 PM, Devin said:

Agreed. I seriously hate when an artist debuts a new era/new music but refuse to have the full project ready on time. 

lana del rey and kanye have this in common

7 minutes ago, DarkPassenger said:

Why are they playing with us like that? :rip:

17 minutes ago, DarkPassenger said:

See idk the other young lady but def Kanye. Its so unprofessional yet on brand.