Did you know: Bad Romance was 3k sales from #1?

navykesha
Just now, TROJAN said:

US Sales:

Tik Tok - 8M (As of 2018)

Bad Romance - 11M (As of 2015)

:sorry:

including streaming. Conga :kiss:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• navykesha

• TROJAN

• PrudenceHCharmed

• Marry Illusion Glory

navykesha

Sr for double posting. The internet is too lag lol

Edited by navykesha
Luckitty
1 hour ago, TROJAN said:

RIAA:

Tik Tok - 8X Platinum. (Last certified December 13, 2018)

Bad Romance - 11X Platinum, Diamond. (Last certified May 29, 2015)

Bad Romance has outsold Tik Tok in the US and it’s only going to get bigger, seeing as it’s out streaming Tik Tok in 2021, sit down babe.

doesn't bad romance's certification include global youtube views? and that's why it hasn't been updated since 2015 

at least it blocked by good remembered song. levitating and good 4 u blocked by margarane 

bringdanoize

No one cares about peak. Bad Romance has more streams on YouTube and Spotify than these two songs combined. And it is an actual classic. 

Beautiful Garbage

How many #1s does she have? Just Dance, Poker Face, Born This Way and Shallow?

superben

Empire State & Tik Tok are both more remembered, so I'd say the chart was correct.

7 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

How many #1s does she have? Just Dance, Poker Face, Born This Way and Shallow?

Rain On Me too

Beautiful Garbage
Just now, TROJAN said:

Rain On Me too

Oh yeah! Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, superben said:

Empire State & Tik Tok are both more remembered, so I'd say the chart was correct.

Bad Romance is out streaming both songs, why are you lying :rip:

Marry Illusion Glory

That one Kesha stan fuming throughout :rip: @TROJANsis don't waste your time and energy on these people.

-

All classics :clap3: though BR feels biggest because of its video and was an actual cultural reset. Maybe that's why it's outstreaming the other two today :gaygacat5:

Kinda shocked that ESOM only has 260M streams on Spotify :rip:

navykesha
46 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

That one Kesha stan fuming throughout :rip: @TROJANsis don't waste your time and energy on these people.

-

All classics :clap3: though BR feels biggest because of its video and was an actual cultural reset. Maybe that's why it's outstreaming the other two today :gaygacat5:

Kinda shocked that ESOM only has 260M streams on Spotify :rip:

the receipt don't lie :heart: 

Marry Illusion Glory
5 minutes ago, navykesha said:

the receipt don't lie :heart: 

They don't, indeed. Time to stop living in the past :heart:

E6d2Q8nX0AEQABo?format=png&name=360x360

Mr. Stratus
4 hours ago, jijie101 said:

Bad Romance was #1 in digital sales for 4 weeks but 0 week #1 on Hot 100:deadbanana4:

Her digital/iTunes power was always very strong. It’s crazy that some of her singles from TF/TFM actually out-sold some #1s at the time.

You saw it carry over when streaming transitioned she had TC/MR top 10 on iTunes. Even ASIB and Shallow sold over 1m pure in 2019 which is huge. The audience that use iTunes likes Gaga, especially when she puts out something that will target them. Pop radio (and before ASIB) streaming demographics do not like her.

Edited by Mr. Stratus
OnlyManInTheWorld

Bad Romance was the real #1 at that time. Had YT views been included, Kesha and Alicia would’ve stood no chance. People were both buying the song like crazy and streaming the video.

navykesha
8 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

They don't, indeed. Time to stop living in the past :heart:

E6d2Q8nX0AEQABo?format=png&name=360x360

Time to move on :heart: Tik tok was dominated Bad Romance and did not let Bad Romance breath. I fear :gaygacat4:

Marry Illusion Glory
Just now, navykesha said:

Time to move on :heart: Tik tok was dominated Bad Romance and did not let Bad Romance breath. I fear :gaygacat4:

Is that why it is busy oustreaming and outviewing the other two? Out of the three, Gaga's catalog is also the one that's consistently growing so the recurrent streams gap is only going to get bigger over time, I fear :fan:

And I have moved on, that's why I'm talking about their recurrent streams and which one is more remembered today while you're stuck in 2009. I even said all three are classics, but congrats for winning the battle but not the war, I guess? :toofunny3:

Prisoner
2 hours ago, Luckitty said:

doesn't bad romance's certification include global youtube views? and that's why it hasn't been updated since 2015 

It does. isn't that why both BR and Baby are certified Diamond even though their actual US units don't pass 10m? :deadbanana4: RIAA messed up when they first used YT streams for certs 

Mariano
5 hours ago, bad guy said:

Yahoo and AOL had music services? Omg

But honestly I remember hearing Tik Tok and Empire everywhere as a kid unlike Bad Romance so I wasn’t shocked to find out it never went #1. Back when #1 hits were known by everybody.

source.gif

I was shocked since I lived in the USA, UK, Europe, South America etc. at the time of Bad Romance and I never heard Tik Tok or Empire state of mind, not even once. I discovered these two songs later when I found out they blocked BR.

source.gif

Since I lived in more countries and continents, my experience > yours. 

source.gif

OT: BR is bigger than most #1s and it's actually iconic that it never reached number 1 :alexz:  A Thriller tea. 

Mariano
3 hours ago, Luckitty said:

uhm? If BR includes global views, then so do the other songs, like!? 

Gagacharts

Since all the BTS Billboard charts drama, a #1 peak totally lost in importance. 

What really shows the success of a song are certifications and we all know who wins there.