How to get into The Beatles?

1 minute ago, Wildcat said:

I fear Paul released his very own Bitch I'm Madonna a few years ago :mandown:

Is it his best post Hard Pauly song? 

4 minutes ago, Ayanaa said:

Yes I will, I'm saving this thread. The songs u linked sound great already!

yeah but dive also into the beatles just to spot the differencé hihi

skip to 3:40

A duet i fear plus honey looking like an angel.

yassss @me fangirling. :eli:

Wildcat
24 minutes ago, Brando said:

Is it his best post Hard Pauly song? 

No! That would be this BOP from the Madame McCartney era

I LOVE how he recycled the melody of "Got To Get You Into My Life", we stan an eco-friendly legend!

Selenasworld

I think there's 50/50 possibilities you'll like the Beatles, I started listening them since I was a child so was easy to me

5 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

No! That would be this BOP from the Madame McCartney era

Well then I don't see how it is related to Madonna's best post-Hard Candy song :gaycat3:

alejandreaux
54 minutes ago, Lover said:

just don't.

they're basic and boring.

uninspired production.

lame songwriting.

there were literally thousand better groups popping out in the 60s.

kinks

byrds

animals

yardbirds

hermans hermits

hollies

searchers

dave clark five

honeycombs

peter and gordon etc

:WAP:

take what this person is saying with a grain of salt tbh. everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it’s silly to just write them off and blatantly discredit them like they’re complete trash. the work they did from the mid to late 60’s (esp. from Rubber Soul to Abbey Road) completely altered the course of popular music history and set the standard for what artists were even able to create musically in recording studios and are widely considered some of the best albums of all time. everything form their melodies/harmonies, progressive subject matter, innovative recording techniques, album artworks, promotional campaigns, etc. literally revolutionized the way the public consumes music from popular artists, and it laid the groundwork for everything in pop music that would come after it.

there’s a reason they are the most acclaimed and best selling musical act in the history of the world. there’s also a reason why a lot of the groups this user listed are seen under the umbrella of “Beatlemania” (the 60s British pop music invasion named after the Beatles), and a lot of them got direct inspiration from the Beatles and recorded several cover songs, and in some cases even had hits with original Lennon-McCartney songs that were given to them:

Byrds:

Spoiler

By early 1964, McGuinn had become enamored with the music of the Beatles, and had begun to intersperse his solo folk repertoire with acoustic versions of Beatles' songs.[23] While performing at the Troubadour folk club in Los Angeles, McGuinn was approached by fellow Beatles fan Gene Clark, and the pair soon formed a Peter and Gordon-style duo, playing Beatles' covers, Beatlesque renditions of traditional folk songs, and some self-penned material.

Peter and Gordon:

Spoiler

between 1963 and 1968, and Peter and Gordon recorded several songs written by McCartney but credited to Lennon–McCartney.[1] Those hits included "A World Without Love" (US & UK #1), "Nobody I Know" (US #12; UK #10), "I Don't Want To See You Again" (US #16, but not a hit in the UK), and "Woman".[1]

The Hollies:

Spoiler

Their follow-up single, an original recording of George Harrison's new song "If I Needed Someone" (December 1965), was undercut when the Beatles decided to release their own version on the UK album Rubber Soul; it only reached No. 20 in the UK and was not released in North America. 

Winnie.

You don’t. White mediocrity at it’s pinnacle. Throw on any of the bangers from 7/27 instead and you’ll get a much better experience. 

2 hours ago, Wildcat said:

You should give them a try. They are the most acclaimed rock band of all time and you will probably appreciate their melodies as a pop music fan.
Since you are a big Madonna fan, I will try to make a parallel between their discographies.

1. Teen idols

Their first four albums were mostly catered to teenage girls, comprising of mostly rock covers and occasional original songs. 
By the time Beatles For Sale came out, they were exhausted with this image, hence the "for sale" / sellout pun in the title.
This phase is their Like A Virgin / True Blue - Not neccesarily their best work but it's iconic due to the Beatlemania, the singles and their fashion (mop-top haircuts with matching black suits).

Please Please Me
With The Beatles
A Hard Day's Night
Beatles For Sale

2. Singer-songwriter

Lennon and McCartney started writing more original songs and gained artistic recognition from mainstream critics. They dropped the quick little singles and began creating albums of consistently high-quality songs. This phase is their Like A Prayer / Erotica / Bedtime Stories phase.

Help!
Rubber Soul
Revolver

3. Experimental 

They retired from touring and started experimenting with psychedelic and avant-garde sounds. Their universal acclaim lead to the cultural legitimisation of popular music and Sgt. Pepper's popularized conceptual albums. This it their Ray Of Light / Music / American Life phase.

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Clubs Band
The Beatles / White Album
Yellow Submarine (Soundtrack)
Magical Mystery Tour (EP)

4. Pop
I'd say these are their most accessible albums, incorporating traditional pop music with their usual rock / blues influences. Many people consider Abbey Road to be their last hurrah while Let It Be received mixed reviews and it's extremely divise among their fanbase. This is their Confessions On A Dance Floor / Hard Candy phase.

Abbey Road
Let It Be

I enjoyed reading your post. Nice comparison to Madonna's eras.

1 hour ago, alejandreaux said:

take what this person is saying with a grain of salt tbh. everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it’s silly to just write them off and blatantly discredit them like they’re complete trash. the work they did from the mid to late 60’s (esp. from Rubber Soul to Abbey Road) completely altered the course of popular music history and set the standard for what artists were even able to create musically in recording studios and are widely considered some of the best albums of all time. everything form their melodies/harmonies, progressive subject matter, innovative recording techniques, album artworks, promotional campaigns, etc. literally revolutionized the way the public consumes music from popular artists, and it laid the groundwork for everything in pop music that would come after it.

there’s a reason they are the most acclaimed and best selling musical act in the history of the world. there’s also a reason why a lot of the groups this user listed are seen under the umbrella of “Beatlemania” (the 60s British pop music invasion named after the Beatles), and a lot of them got direct inspiration from the Beatles and recorded several cover songs, and in some cases even had hits with original Lennon-McCartney songs that were given to them:

Byrds:

Reveal hidden contents

By early 1964, McGuinn had become enamored with the music of the Beatles, and had begun to intersperse his solo folk repertoire with acoustic versions of Beatles' songs.[23] While performing at the Troubadour folk club in Los Angeles, McGuinn was approached by fellow Beatles fan Gene Clark, and the pair soon formed a Peter and Gordon-style duo, playing Beatles' covers, Beatlesque renditions of traditional folk songs, and some self-penned material.

Peter and Gordon:

Reveal hidden contents

between 1963 and 1968, and Peter and Gordon recorded several songs written by McCartney but credited to Lennon–McCartney.[1] Those hits included "A World Without Love" (US & UK #1), "Nobody I Know" (US #12; UK #10), "I Don't Want To See You Again" (US #16, but not a hit in the UK), and "Woman".[1]

The Hollies:

Reveal hidden contents

Their follow-up single, an original recording of George Harrison's new song "If I Needed Someone" (December 1965), was undercut when the Beatles decided to release their own version on the UK album Rubber Soul; it only reached No. 20 in the UK and was not released in North America. 

An education. :clap3: The Beatles is so often disrespected here that I am surprised at this mostly positive outcome for once.

1 hour ago, alejandreaux said:

Byrds:

Reveal hidden contents

Peter and Gordon:

Reveal hidden contents

The Hollies:

Reveal hidden contents

You made some great points. I'm really enjoying The Beatles so far. Saved a lotta songs already. Will definitely listen to all their other albums. 

SimpleKindofLife

Why do that when you could just listen to Paul's Ram, which is an incredible album

QueenBeyoncé

Or just listen to the black artists they stole from. Chuck Berry is one of em

Only songs on Rubber Soul I didn't like: What Goes On and Run For Your Life

Highlights: Norwegian Wood, In My Life, Girl, Drive My Car, You Won't See Me, Think For Yourself 

Gonna listen to Abbey Road tonight

• #FreeBritney Activist

I'd start with the classics

u can read about their albums and how they went on with them

the rock,experimental..psychedelic u know..

they have done lots of things surprisingly

• #FreeBritney Activist
GlamSlam

Just finished listening to The White Album for the fist time in years and wow, brilliant. :heart:

It's hard to believe it's over 50 years old.